more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BDR to start?

Started by FFC In Oz, January 05, 2022, 05:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

Hi everyone,

Maybe it's different for me as I'm only able to watch the matches on TV - but I feel like the team appears a bit more dynamic when BDR is starting as a 10.

Since Fab has returned we've been stagnant and predictable, and unable to muster enough goal scoring opportunities to win games.

I think that Marco needs to bring in BDR behind Mitro - hopefully that could be a bit of a catalyst to revive our fortunes.

H4usuallysitting

Our movement generally has been poor..... player's are making diagonal runs, but the ball is being recycled rather than forward to meet those run's.....we currently need leader's on the pitch & BDR could be one of them

MikeTheCubed

Think there is a bit of a problem since Fab's return in that while he has been placed in the 'hole' Wilson has returned to playing wide, which means we have two wide players who are naturally inclined to cut inside (though Kebano does try to go around the outside). Furthermore we have not been successful in getting the fullbacks to overlap.

filham

BDR is a clever and enthusiastic player but he is also good at missing those rare goal scoring opportunities, we can ill afford that right now.
Carvalho is, i think the best no10 option with BDR being used as a sub in a number of possible positions when we are chasing the game.

ALG01

I think BDR should start annd wilson left out.
Wilson is the more talented but way to inconsistent and a spell on the bench would do him no harm.

Jim©

Quote from: ALG01 on January 05, 2022, 11:10:12 AM
Wilson is the more talented but way to inconsistent and a spell on the bench would do him no harm.

6 goals, 7 assists for Wilson. Dropping him would be crazy IMO.
Carvalho has performed pretty poorly since his return but seems above criticism from many. He'd be the first one of the front 4 that I'd remove, replacing with TC or BDR.

Whitesideup

Interesting comment. Bournemouth season-ticket holder told me something similar. When hot, Wilson was a real asset. But in his view, Wilson failed to deliver far too often and had many quiet games. I wonder what it is. Clearly the ability is there. Is it just that his game is generally about some very special moments and sometimes these just don't happen? It was against Sheff Utd I think, when he went on a mazy run, got himself in a good position, but then off-balance, mishit the attempt on goal from about 12 yards out. So it ended really tamely. Now if he had scored, he would have been a hero. (Incidentally, it was a very clever little nudge that was just enough for him to lose a bit of his balance.) But he didn't so the verdict on his performance was, overall, a bit underwhelming and disappointing (well, for me anyway.)

For me BDR is a positive player, always looking to make things happening. He is tidy on the ball, has good feet, and although has missed some chances, has also taken a couple of good ones as well. A real contender for the starting line-up, and also a quality player to have on the bench.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Jim© on January 05, 2022, 11:21:40 AM

6 goals, 7 assists for Wilson. Dropping him would be crazy IMO.
Carvalho has performed pretty poorly since his return but seems above criticism from many. He'd be the first one of the front 4 that I'd remove, replacing with TC or BDR.

That's my belief too.

Fab started the season fantastically, but has not got anywhere near recapturing that form since his return.

I would like to see BDR inserted in to that role - and Fab can also cover the two wide positions from the bench too.

LC

BDR could play in that midfield 3 like he did a couple of seasons ago.

If our form continues, I would be tempted to switch to a back 3 of Tete, Tosin and Ream, then use BDR as a right wing back, like he did at times last season.

For me, he should be used much more than he currently is.