Main Menu

Chris Samba To Be Fulham's First January Signing

Started by White Noise, December 29, 2010, 12:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fulham to make move for Blackburn defender Chris Samba in January window

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:17 PM on 28th December 2010

Fulham hope to make Chris Samba their first signing of the January transfer window but the Blackburn defender wants assurances over Mark Hughes's future first.

Samba handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park recently in protest at the sacking of manager Sam Allardyce and was stripped of the club captaincy.

On the move? Chris Samba in action for Blackburn against Manchester United last month

Hughes also wants a centre forward, with Cluj's Lacina Traore a target, but will resist the temptation to take injury-prone Manchester City forward Roque Santa Cruz on loan.

Bobby Zamora is expected back from a leg break at the end of next month.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1342309/Fulham-make-Blackburn-defender-Chris-Samba-January-window.html#ixzz19SKfnSip

FatFreddysCat

yeah right with Arse . Yids and Thieverpool meant to be after him.

Mr Fulham

Er....we have H&H, why would we sign Samba?

He's a great defender, but Halliche/Senderos only joined us recently and we don't have any vacancies, let alone the money...

SmithyFFC

Stick him in centre mid with Murphy, plently of muscle, and unlike Dickson can pass 5 yards.
FTID

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 29, 2010, 01:41:51 AM
Stick him in centre mid with Murphy, plently of muscle, and unlike Dickson can pass 5 yards.
:54: But hardly the priority we need. The Bairdmiester could do that role no probs.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 29, 2010, 01:49:12 AM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 29, 2010, 01:41:51 AM
:54: But hardly the priority we need. The Bairdmiester could do that role no probs.
As an opposing player, I'd rather play against Baird in the centre than Samba. Samba would scare the s*1t out of any oppostion midfield.
FTID

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

MJG

is this the time to buy a CB and then play him in CM where he would really be learning a new role(even if he has played a very few times in that position).

Burt

Would rather see a signing with a 10+ goals a season in them!

MrFFC

Maybe he wants to partner Samba with Hangeland? Hughes RB? Samba and Brede would be hugeeee!
Come on you Whites!! :)

RidgeRider

signing this guy makes no sense unless we are changing our formation or planning on selling H or H. Hughes as a RB is interesting but I think he may be too slow and hasn't shown an ability to attack, however he hasn't been asked to attack either....so who knows. Baird can do the CB job well, so we don't really need a backup.

I think this story maybe crap.

AlFayedsChequebook

Mark Hughes was Blackburn manager and bought Samba. Samba wants to leave and Hughes is at a new club. Journalist sees a story from nothing to fill column inches.

1+1=3

SouthfieldWhite

If the moneys there, why not buy him, its called improving the squad and having strength in depth, god forbid Hangeland or Hughes gets injured, but i wouldnt mind Samba, as long as its not in place of another decent striker or a centre midfield or Left back, but i dont believe is that silly, he knows what the priority signings are and i expect him to get them

Ron Sheepskin

Please say it ain't so. We don't need to be buying more CBs, and certainly not those who have a tendency to kick the sh*t out of opponents. No chance of any fair play points with him around. Personally I think we need a creative midfielder as Danny's getting on a bit, and a striker who only cares about one thing - scoring goals. Billy has a couple of good ones in the reserves, but that's a debate for another thread.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

HatterDon

I like it, but then I guess I'm the only one who's seen Samba play at centre forward for Blackburn the last couple of seasons. He is the one player in the league who physically intimidates other players while not being a dirty player. I'd like to get him and put him in the front line next to AJ until Bobby gets fit. AJ, Dempsey, Davies, and Gera would LOVE the big guy up front, and we would get the best out of Salcido if he had a big target to aim at. Once Bobby is fit, he could indeed partner Murphy or be a REAL centre back option.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

Agree with Don, could be up front for a couple of months. Half way decent strikers cost a fortune and not many, even half way decent, on the market. To spend a lot of money for a has been in January is a big risk. Play Samba up front and he gives the added insurance if H or H get injured.

Mr Fulham

btw: His agent Daniel Wiltgen was the agent of former Cottager Martin Djetou.