watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gazza

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 08, 2022, 08:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Seems to have worked off some of his jitters. Very good game today.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ALG01

played well today but he still totally frightens the life out of me when the ball is crossed into the box

NewYorkYank

I have been squarely in the Rodak camp all season, but, imo, Gazza was MOM yesterday, at least for the first 90.  He certainly was the only bench player who improved his stock.  He displayed both command and composure, something I think has been lacking in previous appearances.  I doubt one game is enough to displace Rodak, but it was great to see that some of the Gazza hype may have been merited.

Jamie88

Quote from: NewYorkYank on January 09, 2022, 03:20:49 PM
I have been squarely in the Rodak camp all season, but, imo, Gazza was MOM yesterday, at least for the first 90.  He certainly was the only bench player who improved his stock.  He displayed both command and composure, something I think has been lacking in previous appearances.  I doubt one game is enough to displace Rodak, but it was great to see that some of the Gazza hype may have been merited.

He didn't do much wrong, but apart from one save which was hit directly at him I don't recall him doing anything out of the ordinary?

NewYorkYank

His command of the box and direction of the defense have been his weaknesses.  To me, he frequently looks nervous.  Yesterday, he looked in control. In some games, that is more important than a highlight reel save.

ALG01

he still was very poor at the crosses, flapping at the ball and failing to catch.
if he really could correct that he would be a prem standard keeper because his angles are good and he stays tall when one on one making the forward have to hesitate.

Woolly Mammoth

I have not been a fan of Gazza so far, however one thing yesterday which was positive was his improved performance which can only give him confidence in himself and confidence from his fellow defenders, especially as if Rodak was injured and Gazza is called up suddenly, it will be on the back of his performance yesterday which can only be good for everyone involved with Fulham FC.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AJW48361

He barely leaves the ground when coming for crosses and at 6ft 5 inches should dominate his box more.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AJW48361 on January 09, 2022, 11:00:56 PM
He barely leaves the ground when coming for crosses and at 6ft 5 inches should dominate his box more.

I agree
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

His handling in tricky conditions was top notch. His one on ones were both excellent keeping. Oddly the worst part of his game was his distribution, where normally that's one of his better attributes.
He's a fantastic back up keeper at least.

H4usuallysitting

I thought he's got better & look's better since he's taken up fishing again

MartyFFC

He's definitely better off in his fishing boat

Nick Bateman

By improving his game it may keep Rodak on his toes, as Rodak's last game his mistake cost Fulham the match.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"