watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still no win

Started by The Swan, January 08, 2022, 03:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Afterย  90 minutes 0-0 Thats six games without a win.
Are we ever going to get a win in the league .I know that the team who played today will be different from the team we put out for our league game..
We have got to hit the ground running and go on a winning run.
The Swan

FFC In Oz

I'm just relieved we managed to score in extra time.

Hopefully that gives the guys a bit of impetus looking towards the next bunch of league fixtures which are absolutely pivotal for us.ย  Season-defining.

JEEVES

I'm with you. But what I will say is give it another game. If we get a good away win at reading we can push on from there. If we loose I'll be on here raging with you believe me.

FulhamStu

When the first teamers came on we were much much better and won the game.

filham

Just hope we see a couple of first half goals at Reading otherwise we will be facing the problem of a major goal drought.

Deeping_white

Did I miss something or did we not just win the game 1-0? We made 9 changes, it was essentially our B/C Team against their A team and they still never really forced Gazza into making a decent save. On the other hand we should really have scored at least one more than we did, one clearance from a shot that beat the keeper, Kebano fluffing a 1v1 and their keeper made a fantastic save to deny TC

SP

And another clean sheet, onwards & upwards.

bobbo

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 08, 2022, 03:36:45 PM
Did I miss something or did we not just win the game 1-0? We made 9 changes, it was essentially our B/C Team against their A team and they still never really forced Gazza into making a decent save. On the other hand we should really have scored at least one more than we did, one clearance from a shot that beat the keeper, Kebano fluffing a 1v1 and their keeper made a fantastic save to deny TC
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ let's hope Wilson has got his shooting boots back . Yeah look again swan mate , we won.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JEEVES

Quote from: bobbo on January 08, 2022, 04:41:35 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 08, 2022, 03:36:45 PM
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ let's hope Wilson has got his shooting boots back . Yeah look again swan mate , we won.

Yeah hopefully but he definitely didn't mean to score today

The Swan

At full time the score was 0-0. We won the game in extra time. You don't get extra time in league games,
The Swan

JEEVES

Quote from: The Swan on January 08, 2022, 05:11:10 PM
At full time the score was 0-0. We won the game in extra time. You don't get extra time in league games,

It wasn't a league game.. Hence the weak lineup. And we came away with a win. Don't think the game today really had any bearing on our league form.

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Swan on January 08, 2022, 05:11:10 PM

Wasn't a league game though was it? It's a cup game that you either win or lose and we won it; talk about moving the goalposts to fit a narrative

mrmicawbers

Some just love to stew in misery.Happy New Year

colinwhite

this wasnt a league game and that wasn't the first team. but it was a win nonetheless.

Jeroen

I can only see positives:

- regular players got 30/50 min under their belt due to the extra time
- Some fringe/previously injured players got game time as they will be important over de next couple of months
- it was a real chance to blow off the cod webs as it didn't sound like we were up to full match speed yet (and I for one am glad we didn't play Reading straight after this forced break)
- Wilson scored - lucky goal or not it gives him confidence
- Cairney seems lively
- winning is a happend to extra time or not will be a boost

The only -/- I can find is that we didn't have Kongolo involved and we added another game to already a full schedule

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2022, 03:31:44 PM
Just hope we see a couple of first half goals at Reading otherwise we will be facing the problem of a major goal drought.
What if we score 6 in the second half? I guess you would also find something to complain about in that event.

Cookie6262

The players will feel that was a win so will help for a bit of confidence.

cmg

Will Fulham ever make it to an FA Cup final?

Will England ever win the World Cup?

cookieg

We didn't win. Bloody BBC biased against us again how dare they show that we won 1-0 but it isn't actually true. Defund the BBC now......

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Jeroen on January 08, 2022, 08:28:05 PM
I can only see positives:

- regular players got 30/50 min under their belt due to the extra time
- Some fringe/previously injured players got game time as they will be important over de next couple of months
- it was a real chance to blow off the cod webs as it didn't sound like we were up to full match speed yet (and I for one am glad we didn't play Reading straight after this forced break)
- Wilson scored - lucky goal or not it gives him confidence
- Cairney seems lively
- winning is a happend to extra time or not will be a boost

The only -/- I can find is that we didn't have Kongolo involved and we added another game to already a full schedule

I agree with everything you said regarding the positives. With the squad the size it is, I just don't see a down side to cup matches. Several of the U23's, Cav, Stansfield, Sessegnon, Mawson, Kongolo, and Knock were not even part of the 18 today. Extra cup matches are extra chances for those players to get fit and find form outside the championship table.

The only negative to me is the fact that the club again have not scored a goal in open play. I believe that makes only 1 over the past 6 matches.