watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Muniz et al

Started by JimOG, January 08, 2022, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

Winning was probably the most important part of today. Drifting into 6 matches without one might begin to undermine the team. In addition extra time was handy to get the subs an extra 20 mins to get a bit of match sharpness back.

I've been a supporter of Muniz but today I began to wonder. He's not tall enough to lead the line when we have to go long. I don't think the ball came to him along the ground to judge his first touch but if Mitro gets injured/suspended we look thin in the striking department. If Stansfield gets fit I think his experience of dropping back in U23 games might make him a better link to Mitro.
You can see why Quina is not rated by Marco...lightweight and makes poor choices. Also settled left back choice for me. We missed Robinson's drive & ability to get beyond defences.
Tosin & Gazza did fine and if Okay arrives we would have, with Chalobah, quite an impressive defensive midfield..but oh for a spark up top

filham

No point in trying to pass judgement on Muniz when the supporting cast is not performing.

Deeping_white

He had 0 service, Mitro came on and made literally no difference? Can't call him into question when teams are playing 3 CB's and the poor lad can be man marked for the entire time he's on the pitch, let alone he was feeding off scraps the whole game.

Twig

Muniz got so little service I was very surprised when he was the first to be subbed. As filham said, the supporting cast were so poor.

The Cravenette

Yeah, cannot blame Muniz for that.  Shows the lack of service is the problem as Mitro pretty ineffective too.

grandad

Look at how many games Mitro has played for us & been isolated up front. I have never liked the 4-3-3 formation. It is either 3-1-4-2 or 4-4-2 for me.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFC1987

I wasn't able to watch today but lack of service aside, was his touch and movement any better today? On his last start for us, I found him lacking to be honest but want him to do well.

Nick Bateman

It wouldn't hurt Fulham sign another good player or two in the January window. We cannot fail to get promoted this season and the club can easily afford it.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ALG01

muniz git no proper service but when the ball came to him he wasted it and looks generally like a fish out of water.

Mince n Tatties

From what I've  seen so far,he's  no better than Stansfield,Bowie,or the boy gone on loan to Wimbledon.

Woolly Mammoth

There is a lack of service and support at times for Mitro or Muniz whoever is up front, and yesterday there was very little creativity in midfield until Cairney came on.
Nevertheless he does look like a fish out of water and he is easily bullied and knocked off the ball.
Not sure why we went all the way to Brazil to recruit a player who some make the excuse he needs to settle in. We need new players to make an impact we are not running a holiday camp. I cannot believe we could not find someone better at home.
Anyway he wasn't the only one who misfired there were others on the fringe who did themselves no favours and were subbed accordingly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Muniz was signed by the club with the intention of developing him as a player which is why his game time has been limited so far. That has always been the plan for Muniz who says something similar in his recent interview. It's far too early to tell whether his signing will pay off in the long term so for the time being he needs the support of the club and fans. He is getting the former which is apparent in his interview. I hope the support base cuts him some slack and gets behind him too.
The question many will ask, including me, is why the club paid a fee for a foreign import as a development project when we had home grown talent in the Academy. I'm guessing the club rate Muniz more than the other young players.

Jim©

Agree with original post. Service was so poor and he was left alone, Quina and BDR stuck to touchlines and no attacking mf anywhere close to him. He got better 2nd half when he got the ball to feet, still think there's a player in there. I like him.

Jules

Quote from: Jim© on January 09, 2022, 09:08:18 AM
Agree with original post. Service was so poor and he was left alone, Quina and BDR stuck to touchlines and no attacking mf anywhere close to him. He got better 2nd half when he got the ball to feet, still think there's a player in there. I like him.
Didn't many of us think the same about Abou Kamara though? Potential and pace but it just never happened. I am not sure Muniz is any better than AK to be honest. I'd be looking to loan him out to lower champ or league 1 to get regular games and see if he can score regularly. I would also go in for a good quality option to Mitro on loan with option to buy

FFC1987

IMO, spending 8m of your FFP tight budget on a striker that you don't tend to play much and isn't really ready for the championship.....At least, if that's the defence of the player suggested from posters above. I'm not convinced by him yet, he's young and still got a lot to prove so not writing him off, but surely if the ambition is to go up in top 2, we need more than one striker for competition for Mitro and to alleviate some of the burden.

colinwhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 09, 2022, 10:37:03 AM
IMO, spending 8m of your FFP tight budget on a striker that you don't tend to play much and isn't really ready for the championship.....At least, if that's the defence of the player suggested from posters above. I'm not convinced by him yet, he's young and still got a lot to prove so not writing him off, but surely if the ambition is to go up in top 2, we need more than one striker for competition for Mitro and to alleviate some of the burden.

I agree !!