Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 13, 2022, 12:46:35 AM
Quote from: Twig on January 13, 2022, 12:06:39 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 12, 2022, 10:55:40 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 12, 2022, 09:24:35 PM
Quote from: dgnffc on January 10, 2022, 02:47:59 PM
No, just no.

He's a big-time show pony - would be worse than RLC!
Lol imagine being worse than RLC💩

RLC was as good as Mitrovic last season, and RLC/Barkley would destroy teams in the championship feeding our current front three with key passes. If we sell Fabio then another attacking midfielder makes sense, Barkley is a good such option.

Nonsense. RLC played far more minutes than Mitro who had to sit out while Parker fiddled around experimenting with Cav as a central striker. RLC was absolutely dreadful for us despite getting plenty of chances to sharpen up and impress.

Mitrovic played 1390 minutes last season and RLC played 1913 minutes, which is 523 minutes and not a huge difference. Mitrovic is a better player, but RLC would absolutely devastating in this division with the players behind and in front of him. RLC was a much better junior than Fabio, and would be a huge upgrade on Fabio. If Fabio doesn't sign a new contract, then best to get him out of the club and bring in a player.

That's almost 6 games more. Quite a few.
I'm not a big critic of RLC if I'm honest. There is a cracking player in there. I don't think he wanted to come to us, it was only to get fit. Parker coached the good out of him as well I belive. A better manager could have utilised him and got more out of him. Being given a free reign by Silva and he'd have torn the league to pieces.

But hey, at least we have Robinson.... :022: