watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England midfielder Ross Barkley, 28, could be allowed to leave on loan

Started by Allestree andy, January 10, 2022, 01:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

Would he be a good addition to our midfield even on loan.

think he would add something to the midfield.
To the limit and beyond

dgnffc

No, just no.

He's a big-time show pony - would be worse than RLC!

Allestree andy

To the limit and beyond

bog

No thanks. Would we want another Leftus-Quick?

If we are talking of Prem players who may be available Juan Mata would do for me.   :54:

092.gif

Ara's bacon crisps

At his best, he's an excellent player, but how likely would we be to see that? How motivated would he be in the Championship? Probably a 10% chance at best that he would really perform and that would be a very expensive gamble, given the terms would probably be the same as for RLC, including a guarantee that he plays if fit.

We've gambled before on RLC, Schurrle, Anguissa, Seri etc and I sense we are no longer going to do that as it hasn't worked. Besides, if you asked the manager, he'd probably prefer Matt Grimes.

Given the wages, the probably exorbitant loan fee and the fact that he was once good, I can only see him ending up at one club - Newcastle.

Twig

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on January 10, 2022, 03:05:22 PM
At his best, he's an excellent player, but how likely would we be to see that? How motivated would he be in the Championship? Probably a 10% chance at best that he would really perform and that would be a very expensive gamble, given the terms would probably be the same as for RLC, including a guarantee that he plays if fit.

We've gambled before on RLC, Schurrle, Anguissa, Seri etc and I sense we are no longer going to do that as it hasn't worked. Besides, if you asked the manager, he'd probably prefer Matt Grimes.

Given the wages, the probably exorbitant loan fee and the fact that he was once good, I can only see him ending up at one club - Newcastle.

Good summary.

Whitestone

Barkley would shine in the Championship. I'd take him until the end of the season. Could be just the spark we need to reignite our attack. It's not going to happen though.

LC

I personally wouldn't go in for Barkley. I would prefer John Swift who has 6 months left on his contract. Swift might be able to make the jump to the PL, and at the least he would be a good squad player and an improvement on current squad players.

copthornemike

Might be worth a shout as physically imposing when compared to our existing midfielders and requires game time to impress in time for a potential England spot in the WC.
The suggestion of John Swift also worth considering mind you

filham

We need more than jus a good addition to our midfield, we need a top player who is fit and will hit the ground running and will take control of our midfield for the rest of the season.

Bill2

MickTheBeard

You have to think of ross Barclays wages,tony has already spent his allowance,pretend it was your money would you???

Jims Dentist

Quote from: LC on January 10, 2022, 04:22:34 PM
I personally wouldn't go in for Barkley. I would prefer John Swift who has 6 months left on his contract. Swift might be able to make the jump to the PL, and at the least he would be a good squad player and an improvement on current squad players.
That would be a safer option, but I still hope we get The Turk as a DMF'der if he could reproduce his WBA form he would more than do the job.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 10, 2022, 07:41:43 PM
I'm not picking him up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/10040920/ross-barkley-cash-machine-chips/amp/

Don't really get this point. We have all done silly things whilst under the influence, if you say you haven't you're a liar. He just gets filmed because hes a footballer. Doesn't make him a worse player.

Having said all that, i don't think he's what we need and his wages could make him an expensive mistake

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: dgnffc on January 10, 2022, 02:47:59 PM
No, just no.

Lol imagine being worse than RLC💩
Foolish ham

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 12, 2022, 09:24:35 PM
No, just no.

RLC was as good as Mitrovic last season, and RLC/Barkley would destroy teams in the championship feeding our current front three with key passes. If we sell Fabio then another attacking midfielder makes sense, Barkley is a good such option.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 12, 2022, 10:55:40 PM
No, just no.

RLC was as good as Mitrovic last season, and RLC/Barkley would destroy teams in the championship feeding our current front three with key passes. If we sell Fabio then another attacking midfielder makes sense, Barkley is a good such option.

Nonsense. RLC played far more minutes than Mitro who had to sit out while Parker fiddled around experimenting with Cav as a central striker. RLC was absolutely dreadful for us despite getting plenty of chances to sharpen up and impress.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on January 13, 2022, 12:06:39 AM
No, just no.

Nonsense. RLC played far more minutes than Mitro who had to sit out while Parker fiddled around experimenting with Cav as a central striker. RLC was absolutely dreadful for us despite getting plenty of chances to sharpen up and impress.

Mitrovic played 1390 minutes last season and RLC played 1913 minutes, which is 523 minutes and not a huge difference. Mitrovic is a better player, but RLC would absolutely devastating in this division with the players behind and in front of him. RLC was a much better junior than Fabio, and would be a huge upgrade on Fabio. If Fabio doesn't sign a new contract, then best to get him out of the club and bring in a player.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Twig on January 13, 2022, 12:06:39 AM
No, just no.

👍😍
Foolish ham