watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man City Reaction

Started by Steviebox, January 10, 2022, 04:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Such an arrogant, plastic fanbase. They can't even sell out Champions League games so they can hardly talk.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Blawarmy

Quote from: Cambridge Away on January 10, 2022, 04:54:19 PM
Just taken a look, they all seem unanimous that it is an uninspiring draw (the same as we say about them), but they also all say that they wish it was at Craven Cottage (as a great away day), and also because we don't bring many away

One non-plastic mentioned us bringing a load to Maine Road in 99
I was there. We got hammered but I seem to recall Keegan played someone completely out of position and it totally backfired!

We hammered them at home though if I remember rightly. Think that was the match where City's captain was sent off for licking Stan Collymores face! Strangest sending off ever!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

The way I see this game is, we need to just think "f it" and attack them. They don't like it when they're under the cosh. We have nothing to lose to be fair and shouldn't be scared.

bog

I've never liked United and until the big money landed at Maine Road (a proper stadium) always had time for City as their fans were mostly the ones from the city. But not now. The level they operate at now financially attract the glory hunting fans who spout such drivel.

092.gif   

jarv

Like many, I have no time for Manchester city at all. However, I did like them in the days of Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Francis Lee etc.

However, they signed Rodney Marsh in the hopes of sealing the title and I recall it back fired a bit.

Fulham should go there with the intention of attack and see what happens.

FFCFOREVER

Leafy West London made me laugh. Probably said that because Bishops Park is right next to CC. Such an uneducated bunch.

perry geyton

They need reminding of how toss they and their support were before they bought the league and gained a bunch of plastic supporters

In my opinion by far the most boring team in the league to watch ££££££££££££££€

If their on tv I never watch em, I'd rather go walk the dog or clean the house, a total bore and always fail to entertain

ALG01

It's a poor draw for all concened unless we reallt turn up and show them what we are about.

I actually never much care how many fans we take away, it proves little. I am impressed by those that go everywhere no matter waht but for many away games are en expensive trek and since you are not allowed to but a decent seat but have to sit where you are put the view is usually rotten especially when people stand (not wanting to start amn argument but when everyone stands i can' see a thing and even if the the atmosphere is reputed to be better standing it is irrelevant if you cannot actually see the whole pitch).

They do obviously concede we are of better stock than them so that is something.

I used to live for a few years in manchester and was amazed how it felt like going back in time. More recently I notice it has really improbved, more happening and cosmopolitan, so that is good. But I have no real love for the place because it is actually a bit souless. There are many towns I like better.

bobbo

Well said all of you , I too try not to watch any of their games they are so thoroughly predictable and equally boring .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cookieg

Quote from: Jules on January 10, 2022, 04:26:59 PM
Plastic fans - I bet many of them are just glory hunters who were nowhere to be seen when they were sh*t which wasn't that long ago pre Abu Dhabi cash (2008 according to Google)

To be fair they were getting 30k when they were in the old 3rd.

Twig

Quote from: cookieg on January 11, 2022, 06:54:43 PM
Plastic fans - I bet many of them are just glory hunters who were nowhere to be seen when they were sh*t which wasn't that long ago pre Abu Dhabi cash (2008 according to Google)

They still have some of that legacy support and those guys were the sort that followed their team through thick and thin.  Now MC are a horrible plastic version of that old team and the "brand" has "followers" all around the world.

Sgt Fulham

I disagree about their team being boring; the same thing was said about 2008 Barcelona. The technical level is just so high that it's almost like watching a different sport. I guess some people find it boring, but I find it amazing. Unfortunately, some of their fans seem to have forgotten (or as recent members of the bandwagon, never knew) where they came from.

Rupert

Agree, but I do wonder what their crowds would have dropped to if Gillingham had held on to win the play-off against them. If memory serves, they were very arrogant about their crowd size, yet it did start to dwindle when they were struggling mid season. Still a very impressive 20k, which we valiant 6,000 could only dream of back then, but possibly a sign of what an extended stay in Division 2 (Division 3 in old money) would have brought.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Rupert on January 11, 2022, 10:18:10 PM

Agree, but I do wonder what their crowds would have dropped to if Gillingham had held on to win the play-off against them. If memory serves, they were very arrogant about their crowd size, yet it did start to dwindle when they were struggling mid season. Still a very impressive 20k, which we valiant 6,000 could only dream of back then, but possibly a sign of what an extended stay in Division 2 (Division 3 in old money) would have brought.
:plus one:  049:gif
And i should also point out that there is no birth control in Manchester 

MWH

Is this the same Man City that are responsible for this? Invalid Tweet ID?s=21

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: perry geyton on January 11, 2022, 03:01:41 PM
They need reminding of how toss they and their support were before they bought the league and gained a bunch of plastic supporters

In my opinion by far the most boring team in the league to watch ££££££££££££££€

If their on tv I never watch em, I'd rather go walk the dog or clean the house, a total bore and always fail to entertain

Glad to see a few others with the same view as me.

I can't even explain it really, but I find them almost unwatchable, and never feel this way about other teams. I appreciate 'great' teams, but Man City just leave me totally cold, and uninterested.

The football they play just feels so controlled , and passionless I think, I can get excited watching other big teams (Liverpool the last few years have been fantastic particularly) but City just have no soul it feels like.

ffcne

Some clown said we only had 50 fans there at the Great Escape game.
I would say around 600 .A repeat of that would shut these Mancs up.

davew

Not even worth commenting about, money talks when you are allowed to spend it!!!! Think we have had 2 rich owners (in fact I know we have) but rules for them and a different 1 for us, think this a common theme at the moment!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Cambridge Away

Quote from: ffcne on January 13, 2022, 07:53:01 PM
Some clown said we only had 50 fans there at the Great Escape game.
I would say around 600 .A repeat of that would shut these Mancs up.

It wasn't bad turn out for a team that ended up mathematically relegated at half time.
I almost didn't go, but so glad i did. One of the best away days ever, but that was also because the odds were totally stacked against us. So, no shame in not quite selling out

Cambridge Away

Quote from: MWH on January 13, 2022, 04:20:34 PM
Is this the same Man City that are responsible for this? Invalid Tweet ID?s=21
Lol  .... the passion!