watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

anyone else...

Started by WhiteJC, January 12, 2022, 11:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

think that Reading got exactly what they deserved last night after calling the originally scheduled game off due to COVID and injuries when their last reported COVID case was 12 days before the game?

or am I being harsh?

fluffyninja

Quote from: whitejc on January 12, 2022, 11:11:18 AM
think that Reading got exactly what they deserved last night after calling the originally scheduled game off due to COVID and injuries when their last reported COVID case was 12 days before the game?

or am I being harsh?

Their fans were saying they have so many injuries as well , they probably used the COVID as the reason but not true.

70sPimlico

Not sure but I don't think we could have asked for a more perfect opponent after an extended break and poor form. We got some luck with that. Lets be honest, first 30 mins it could have gone either way.

Drinkwater's game has really plummeted

bill taylors apprentice

Their biggest problem was trying to play an open game against us.

bencher

I'm still aggrieved about that penalty won by that cheat Kermorgant in the playoffs 5 years ago, so I'm quite happy to have given them a good stuffing.

But I do agree they were ideal opponents for us to build up some confidence, especially after Dann was injured. I was worried Dann was going to be like Jagielka in the draw against Derby, a canny old warrior of a CB, but luck and quality were both on our side.

Now Blackburn have had their day in the sun, being in the top two and dropping out again, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the kind of form that put them there. On paper their team is nothing special.

bill taylors apprentice

Any team that plays as bad as Reading did last night deserves everything they got.

Dodgin

They were playing with three teenagers and although it was a bit of a slaughter in the second half, we could have been behind in the first fortyfive minutes. Rodak save from Robinson mistake and Carroll two offside goals might have changed things.

colinwhite

..not to mention that we should have had that load of goals against them when we lost at the cottage.

perry geyton

I felt bad for em last night and almost guilty every time we scored

Not

Craven Mad

They needn't have bothered cancelling the original game - their reserves couldn't have been worse than the first team...

bobby01

That Rodak save was brilliant,not sure why so few have mentioned it.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Cornishnick

Methinks a lot of clubs are hiding behind Covid to call off games when they've got an injury list. I don't know if any checking is done on this by EFL

fulhamtom

My query sent on 30.12.21 to the EFL
3 Fulham Xmas matches cancelled by the opposition. What efforts has the EFL put into ascertaining the authenticity of the other clubs claims? None it would seem!

EFL response
Of course, Clubs have been working in line with the required protocols all season, and most recently in respect of the Omicron variant, have been navigating positive cases across a range of circumstances. It is for each respective Club to inform the League if they cannot fulfil a fixture, and individual Club circumstances will be different in regard to COVID fixture suspensions, therefore consideration of all those factors will be reviewed by the League.

However Clubs have recently been advised that pre-matchday testing can assist in alleviating uncertainty and lessening any potential impact on any supporters of the Clubs involved, and in addition the EFL will continue to assist affected Clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff, while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Make your own mind up!

filham

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 12, 2022, 11:46:53 AM
Their biggest problem was trying to play an open game against us.
Agree and there will not now be other teams prepared to do the same. Expect to see a bus regularly parked on the Cottage pitch for the rest of the season.

f321ffc

I said last night we need an early goal and that's what we got, after half time I was counting down the minutes wishing them to pass, at 80 minutes I was hoping the clock would  stop as I wanted a record score, I know it's greedy but so what.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional