more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tactics

Started by 70sPimlico, January 12, 2022, 03:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

I saw a few tweaks last night.

I'm not qualified enough to explain what was happening in the more subtle stuff but I definitely thought Mitro played a slight different role, which really seemed to create space for others.

Dropped far deeper at times and was used to lay off some great balls.

I mentioned in an earlier message a few days ago about how we would judge players like Fabio, would very much depend on the tactics of Silva and how flexible he was.
If we play the same way, irrelevant of how much talent we have, we can become reasonably easy to stifle (Think Parker) and I do think there has developed a template to stop us.

So, we need to tweak.

Ultimately, opposition need a plan to stop our game changes. I remember when really TC was the only player you needed to stop and he would disappear.

I think with TC, Kebano, Fabio, Mitro and Wilson, each of them a game changer in their own right, we can afford for 2 or 3 of them to be taken out of the game.
Weirdly, I think Mitro in that role takes one for the team....and still got a brace. I think Fabio has been targeted the last couple of months, so, him going quiet should only offer space for the others.

I think Mitro and Fabio's work, gained Wilson and Kebano a lot more space and certainly in Wilson's case, he took full advantage.

I really do feel that with flexible tactics, we should have too much for the teams that want to sit back.