https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Derby

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 15, 2022, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Let's not forget who Rooney's assistant is

colham

Maybe uncharitable given their situation, but I'm sure we could pick up Tom Lawrence for peanuts?

toshes mate

Strange mix of emotions on this thread.  We are supposed to hate Derby fans when it was the failure of the Football League to impose punitive action for the breach of the rules of crowd control and then feel sorry for them when the EFL impose conditions on the Club's administrators who are trying to get £20m cut from a tax bill of £24m amongst other things ....

Motspur Park

Mixed emotions about this because the bitterness of that game will live forever. Do I hate them now? No, not really. They are just another team to me. I think there is a proportion of their fan base that are still twats but then we have the same. Do I feel sorry for them? Not really. The club broke the rules and are being punished. I just wish the penalties were fair and evenly applied against every club that breaks the rules. They may be very different offences but why did Rangers go so long without punishment and was their punishment the same as every other club that has broken the rules. I know their fans think they have been treated disgracefully but I think they got off lightly and it took far too long.
Yes it is the fans that suffer but it has always been this way unless you are one of the big boys or West Ham. For those old enough to remember, look at what happened to Swindon. Again, this is apples and pears but can you see that happening to Man Utd or Spurs when they suffered relegations and were getting promoted? Man City made illegal payments to the families of young players to acquire their services but they didn't get demoted.

MikeTheCubed

It's being reported that Derby could be kicked out of the Championship and all their results scrubbed off. Means we'd lose one point whereas Bournemouth would lose no points having lost to them.

LittleErn

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on January 16, 2022, 04:50:44 PM
It's being reported that Derby could be kicked out of the Championship and all their results scrubbed off. Means we'd lose one point whereas Bournemouth would lose no points having lost to them.

Why?

bog

I hope it doesn't come to this. All by way of useless owners. Scandalous.   

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: LittleErn on January 16, 2022, 04:53:30 PM

Why?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17331867/derby-kicked-out-championship-takeover-rooney/

THE EFL are threatening to kick Wayne Rooney's Derby County out of the league if they do not show they have money to end the season.

Heated exchanges between League chiefs and the club's administrators hit a new peak when the order was made to have funds in place by midday on February 1.

The High Roon ultimatum means Derby have to find a bidder willing to put in funds to cover the season or sell some of their few remaining players.

The EFL could suspend the Rams 'golden share' if they are not happy and that would mean they would be out of the Championship - with their results removed.

blingo

Their results not the oppositions, or there will be writs flying all over the place

Motspur Park

Quote from: blingo on January 16, 2022, 05:04:28 PM
Their results not the oppositions, or there will be writs flying all over the place
Don't think you are right on that. I think if they kick Derby out each club that have played them will lose the points they gained. It will be a 23 team division.