News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opinions on Sotke and captain Dan now, what do you think.

Started by jarv, December 29, 2010, 01:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I think DM was 100%+ right. Those giants and thugs were sent out to "do" Fulham again. Pulis clearly saw Fulham as a soft touch and as DM says, sent his team out to do a job. I am so, so, so, so, pleased they got stuffed. Glad to see nobody got seriously injured though.
As for the quality of Stoke's football, it was Sunday league, hoof it in the air, rubbish played by some very fit men.
I doubt it will happen but would love to see them down.

I read a negative comment on this board about Fulham not creating anything. Not easy against those thugs, come on.!

Hangeland and Etuhu, yes Etuhu, probably had their best games yet for Fulham.

RidgeRider

as I mentioned on another thread I am not worried about not creating much in yesterday's match either because, not only what you mentioned about their style but we had the score well in hand early so 'parking the bus' as a primary strategy was the right thing to do......we weren't going to take many chances, I don't think, or be too creative to extend our lead to 3-0.

finnster01

What amazes me Mr Jarv, is how on earth they kept going down Route 1 to Kenwyne Jones against arguably the best CB pairing in the Prem, and certainly against the best aerial defender in the league? And they did this for a full 90 minutes on top.

I don't know much about Tony Pulis tactical acumen, but that was the biggest schoolboy error I have seen in a long time. The only time Stoke looked really dangerous and put additional unwanted pressure on my rectum was when Pennant came running down the wing.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

GoldCoastWhite

Do Sotke play in the Bundesliga or are they a Romanian side ?  :005:

RidgeRider

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on December 29, 2010, 01:46:09 PM
Do Sotke play in the Bundesliga or are they a Romanian side ?  :005:
:011:

Thought about modifying it for him but then thought Sotke was a good name for how Stoke play.

epsomraver

Quote from: finnster01 on December 29, 2010, 01:38:57 PM
What amazes me Mr Jarv, is how on earth they kept going down Route 1 to Kenwyne Jones against arguably the best CB pairing in the Prem, and certainly against the best aerial defender in the league? And they did this for a full 90 minutes on top.

I don't know much about Tony Pulis tactical acumen, but that was the biggest schoolboy error I have seen in a long time. The only time Stoke looked really dangerous and put additional unwanted pressure on my rectum was when Pennant came running down the wing.

Almost as daft Finn as lumping the long ball to a short arse striker surrounded by 6 foot plus defenders, Hang on a minute???