News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's going to be in goals when The Big Aussie goes to Asia?

Started by finnster01, December 29, 2010, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Obviously Stockdale is our only choice at the moment. I would not be surprised if Sparky goes for a loan deal somewhere (rather than outright buy). But if he does stick with Stockdale, he needs to give him games to become properly match fit.

What do you think?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Shay Given! However, I think if he plays for Fulham (or anyone) that makes 2 clubs in a season so he will be destined to be back at City's bench.
Most likely Stockdale which is why Fulham have been linked with other (little known) keepers as a back up.

SouthfieldWhite

Dont be too surprise to see Shay Given come in as a short term loan deal, although the club do rate Stockdale so might go with him, im our position at the moment id guess theyd go for someone like Given depending on his wages, and yes i know City will pay a percentage of it

Supermitch

Do we know when he leaves for this tournament and how long it goes on for?  I read that Lee of Bolton is already on International duty!

Think they'll keep with Stockdale with possibly a short term loan for cover (or use Zubi).  What happens though about the 25 man squad ruling?

epsomraver

Supermitch

Quote from: epsomraver on December 29, 2010, 03:02:42 PM
Zubi cannot play, he gave up his licence

Thanks - wasn't aware of that.  Presume he is still around as a coach then?  Strange that we have have 3 goalkeepers in our coaching squad - I wonder if there will be a maximum number of coaches imposed? :015:

GoldCoastWhite

Aussie team assemble in UAE 03 Jan with a friendly against UAE 5 Jan. Group games are on the 10th, 14th and 18th. QF 21/22, semis 25th and final, if we make it, is on the 29th at 6pm Qatar local time. Doha is 3 hours ahead of London. Full schedule below for anyone, other than us Aussies, that's interested.

http://www.the-afc.com/uploads/Documents/2010/ac2011kickoff.pdf

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Nothing wrong with Stockdale just think we need back up for him no big deal really :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

TonyGilroy

I don't think the squad rule applies in January. We can play anyone we sign and have to name the new 25 man squad on 1st Feb.

I'd guess therefore that we'll be signing an experienced guy on a month's loan to act as back up for Stockdale.

CincyFulham1

Fine I'll do it, and since all yanks are top notch keepers I can guarantee at least 18 clean sheets.  Pay packet must include housing (west end) and board plus 5000 quid a week in credit at Harrod's.  Also a posh WAG,  whether she has a title or not is negotitable.  In fact any Sloan Ranger that is easy on the eyes would be exceptable.  

Tom

Stockdale has earned it! Would love for us to bring in Shay Given.
Fulham for life!

duffbeer

I want Stockdale and hope he wins the job permanently.  If we get a loan then Given or Hahnemann (last I heard he was not starting for Wolves anymore)

GoldCoastWhite

"Stone Cold" isn't a bad shout DB. I seem to recall he left us under good enough terms to get more playing time at Reading so he might like the thought of a return to Motspur and The Cottage. He'd have to be second in line behind Stocky though as the lad has earned his chance.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Tom on December 29, 2010, 04:06:53 PM
Stockdale has earned it! Would love for us to bring in Shay Given.

He seemed full of confidence in the 2(?) maches he played at the begining of the season and played well.  Do you give him a game or two before Mark leaves or are we in such a poor position at the moment that you leave Mark in  goal until he leaves?

HatterDon

Stockdale will do fine, and we have a FULL international in our development squad that I think will sit on the bench. If we're going to spend money, we need to spend it in midfield and in attack.

Oh, and CincyFulham!, he played enough matches and well enough to be our player of the month for August.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CincyFulham1

Quote from: HatterDon on December 29, 2010, 10:07:45 PM
Stockdale will do fine, and we have a FULL international in our development squad that I think will sit on the bench. If we're going to spend money, we need to spend it in midfield and in attack.

Oh, and CincyFulham!, he played enough matches and well enough to be our player of the month for August.

Your right Don, I forgot about that.