watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky bias

Started by LittleErn, January 16, 2022, 04:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleErn

No, not my snooker stroke - the outrageous bias of Sky's co-commentator at the Leeds/West Ham match. Clearly willing WH to score and giving only grudging praise to a Leeds team that played out of their skins. Not just at the end either. throughout the second half his voice was raised in excitement and praise at every WH attack and dropped in disappointment whenever Leeds looked threatening - which was often. Why do Sky allow that kind of bias in their commentators? Maybe they calculate that the London market is a bigger one than other areas; who knows?

LittleErn

Oh yes - I forgot - Leeds had only played 2 games in the time that WH had played 6. He made that point forcibly but ignored the effect that Covid will have had on the Leeds players. I'm no Leeds fan, but fair's fair. It has often been Fulham that are on the end of such bias - why do they allow it, or perhaps even encourage it?

bobbo

I noticed it too but it backfired on him Leeds definitely deserved to win they worked harder ,we're sharper,and wanted it more . I'm no Leeds fan either and they got me knocked out of my local clubs last man standing . But they deserved the points today.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ffcne

Who was this sky co commentator?

bobbo

Quote from: ffcne on January 16, 2022, 05:26:16 PM
Who was this sky co commentator?
I don't know and finding out after is not easy
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ffcne

Sounded like Alan Smith.

Mr K.Dilkington

I like alan smith's commentary generally but the snobbish,big club elitism mindset permeates PL punditry and it's truly a pox. Some of the dinosaurs and dullard that have their influence of opinion broadcasted is mind blowing.
Foolish ham