watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Stoke

Started by terryr, January 21, 2022, 02:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Its been a while since I did one of these.
Here is Stoke:

''What's a good result next week?
Fulham are on fire''

''So were West Brom earlier in the season''

''Don't remember Albion rattling the goals in''

''I think we'll give them a tough game next week.
The new signings are a massive boost to this team''

''There ready for a defeat getting a little cocky we could just be the team to give them a bloody nose if we play like we did today.''

''Think they will score 4 or 5 they are bulldozing teams aside''

''If we play counter attack football with pacey players then we have a chance.''

''Just hope we pick a line up to face the team and not based on some misguided loyalty to today's starters.
Lest we forget the game at Craven Cottage.''

''It'll probably be a bit harder than the Hull game'

'' We need to beat them to keep play off hopes alive.
Got to go on a good run now''

''If memory serves me Hull beat Fulham. I may be wrong of course!''

''I'll turn up expecting us to win like I do every home game. But I'll not grumble at a draw......''

''They're at Birmingham in midweek as well before they play us so hopefully a few sending offs and a few injuries wouldn't go a miss''

''A draw would be a good result. These are a level above the rest of the division.''

''They come here all cocky, like Albion did, we will do them. Its what the club need right now, a rip roaring game with a noisy home crowd, lets get back up there with a win then ease the returning players in for a mad push from March onwards.
Start slowly and we will get beat.
its one to look forward too though.''

'' What are you basing your 'getting a little cocky ' comments on ?
They've smashed teams all season including rinsing us. Don't see any cockiness more hunger and ruthlessness.''

''No reason we can't beat them.
Jagielka marshalled Derby to a clean sheet at the Cottage earlier this season...''

''Bit surprised by the replies
Fulham are vastly superior to Albion and everyone else
Still same approach as that night and you never know
Be pleased with a draw myself then go and beat Cov''

'' Given how Fulham are banging them in for fun, I think a draw of any kind would be considered as a good result!!!''

'' They're also prone to some weird results.
They drop points in some strange games.
Hopefully this is one!''

'' Given their recent form it would be a shock if we can keep a clean sheet. We are clearly a better side away from home playing on the break and this will feel like an away game with Fulham dominating possession, so who knows?''

'' Hull were absolutely woeful and we didn't really get outta second gear however, the few times they did get into our box we looked all over the shop. Play like that at the back and Fulham will batter us. We need to play Lewis and Campbell from the Start, we can't afford to have Brown miss chances then get punished up the other end.''

'' Might suit us bit like WBA a team expecting to dominant gives us opportunity to counter. We always do poo against teams that sit deep and expect us to break them down and Fulham won't do that.''

'' On form, as they are right now, they look like they should get a record points haul
Fact is they are just keep it themselves ahead courtesy of some poor results in amongst the thrashings''

'' Won't define our season but expect us to put up a decent show. They put 7 past a team in a play off position so we know what they can do. Looking forward to it but won't be reaching for the Koolaid if we get beat.''

'' We had some reasonable attacking play away at Fulham, Doughty's pace worried them for example
We simply couldn't keep them out as most sides have failed to do.''

'' We are going to need to press all game versus Fulham. Fletcher and Campbell are going to be as static as always off the ball. I really like both of them and if they were in-form then I'd choose them, but they aren't.

I can see it being:

Bonham

Smith
THB
Jagielka
Chester/Wilmot
Tymon

Allen
Clucas
Baker

Ince

Brown''

'' We might be able to shithouse a draw''

'' We tend to be better against teams than don't sit back and these certainly won't. Keeping Mitrovic quiet will be key but he's not their only goal threat. I can't see them not scoring tbh so it's imperative that we take any chances that come our way''

'' Well yesterdays excellent performance has got me stirred to get tickets for this one and I have to say I really fancy us - a fired-up home crowd & bit of old-school Brit hostility wont go amiss either - yes, theyre a very strong side but if we turn in a West Brom style display we've got to be in with a shout.....''

'' Not a dig at our players/team but the form they're in I can see them taking us apart, they're a step above anyone in this league when they're on it imo.''

'' +45 goal difference. Scored some great goals against Bristol City on Saturday. Would definitely take a draw.''

'' Their GD is insane.
11/10 for a Fulham win which is mad.
They are good team who are just hitting their stride. Anything other than defeat will be a fantastic result.''

'' I'll be bricking it.''

'' 13 goals in 2 games is insane, however they did go 5 without a win before those games.......''

'' Yep they're due to be brought back down to Earth. Never say never in this league. It's not even like their squad is any better than ours.''

'' Play our speedsters in attack against Fulham -- Doughty, DeMargio and Brown. And pack seven in defence .. Tymon, Jagielka, Wilmot, Smith, Harwood-Bellis, Allen, and Danny Baath (to mark Mitrovic). Bonham keeps.''

'' Hopefully (surely) we learn from the away game and don't attack from the off, leaving them with space to play. And we need as much mobility as possible. Wilmott and Baker must start and this is the type of game Clucas struggles in, no space exposes his control.
Bonham
Smith THB Jagielka Wilmott Tymon
Allen Baker Ince
Brown DWP''

'' I would go

Bonham (not sure how good he is as he hasn't been tested in the two games much, but hey).

Wilmot Jags THB

Smith Allen Baker Clucas Tymon

Fletcher Brown

We'll need to go long a bit, I think. DWP and Ince did well but it's a squad game and we have a crowded few weeks ahead.

Bench: Davies, Chester or Batth, Fox, Ince, Doughty, Surridge, DWP.

Powell will need longer I think, and Thompson can benefit from a bit more time too. Is Vrancic available?''

'' We need to do more goals than they do.''

'' This one is, almost, a 'free hit' isn't it? Albeit a win or even a draw would do wonders for our morale and send a message to other teams.
(But really, we shouldn't reasonably expect to win.)
So maybe ano - or the same - wacky baccy team selection will come up trumps?''

'' They've handed a couple of whuppings to quite poor teams in Reading and Bristol. However, their previous five games before that were 4 draws to the likes of Preston and Luton, and a loss to Sheffield.
We have an injection of DNA with Jags, THB, Baker and DWP... not to mention the re-emergence of Ince.
Fulham can be beaten and I have a feeling we'll squeeze at least a draw.''

'' Hopefully they'll pick up a couple of knocks against Birmingham tonight.
They're already 1-0 up despite not registering a shot on goal yet.''

'' Fulham now 2.0 up''

''3-0....oh god''

'' Jesus''

'' Bloody hell. Could be another 6 or 7 here''

'' Could do with miss ya bitch getting injured''

''4-0''

'' Christ.''

'' Game on 4-1''

'' It's ridiculous.
They've scored with every shot on target.
68 goals in 26 games.
Mental.''

'' 5-2''

''That's four goals Fulham have conceded in their last two games. We couldn't be playing them at a better time.''

'' Bham score and they score 1 minute later.
Literally just taking the piss.''

'' Don't know what you guys think but there's no way we'll concede 3+ the way we play
We'll definitely make it a tight game''

'' So they've scored 17 and conceded 5 since the new year, plus the 7-0 drubbing of Blackburn and others
I'm going for a 0-0''

'' We definitely need pace in this one. Sit back and counter with DWP Campbell and possibly doughty''

'' 6-2 and full time.''

'' That's 19 goals for Fulham in eight days over three games! Can our defence hold back the juggernaut? Should be an interesting game!''

'' Is it now something of a mental thing with Fulham's opponents? Like giving them, in the head, a 3 goal start.
Fulham breeding an aura of fear and doubt.''

'' Why haven't a bigger club come in for Mitro, he's too good to be at a yo yo club? Plenty of empty seats at the Cottage too, considering they're currently one of the best sides to watch in the country''

'' Juve showed interest
£100k a week though apparently''

'' I think he's the highest earner in the Championship and has never really shone in the Premier so probably content to stay where he is. He's probably more suited to the Championship because of his physicality which he gets away with but which Premier referees penalise him for. A bit of a temper on him in his earlier days so was easy to wind up and he collected red cards. ''

''They are beatable as this selection of their results this season shows
Away Blackpool lost 0-1
Home Reading lost 1-2
Away Coventry City lost 1-4
Home Sheffield United lost 1-0
Plenty of home and away draws against mediocre teams as well, so yes if we play our A game we're definitely in with a shout.''

'' First team to score 6 or more in three consecutive league games for 89 years.''

'' Watch us lose 0-1 and it be unbearable on here again until the 28th. ''

'' We looked good on Sunday that's for sure, Hull, however, were poor all over the pitch..we definitely can't afford to defend like we did Sunday though.
That said, given we had 2 centre backs who had literally only just arrived here, one would assume, preferably not just hope, that we will be stronger at the back vs Fulham.
We a very likely to need to be.
Should be an interesting 'test' of our team-play given recent home performances.''

'' Hopefully over confidence on the part of Fulham can be used to our advantage, otherwise it could get messy''

'' Jags played in the 0-0 Derby got against Fulham. He'll sort Mitrovic and all their fancy dans :-)''

'' scrap that thought - mitrovic didn't play in that game lol''

'' Well lets just watch and be entertained by the best team in our league by a country mile - whatever the score - and if we can do the unlikely & win then all the better.''

'' That's right, they're in our league, turn up like we did last game and we're a match for any team in this division. We've got our tails up aswell after a convincing and confidence boosting performance''

'' Play the same team as last week but swap Clucas (who was admittedly brilliant against Hull,but does tend to turn up against poo teams)for the lad from Chelsea.Take the game to them and ask them some questions for a loving change.''

'' so given how Fulham have emphasised what a threat they are atm what's a good result ?
surely a draw would be excellent?
low scoring defeat respectable?
then go & beat Cov?
guess it depends on how the game goes, Fulham could chuck in a lousy performance (they will at some point).''

'' Remember when we used to make the pitch smaller to take advantage of our throws?
Any chance we would get away with making the goals smaller this weekend?''

'' They're only bringing 800????? That's bloody poor''

'' It sure is mate and when you consider the form they're in as well''

'' Our support is loving poo but if the roles were reversed we'd be taking 4k there.''

'' Weird how Fulham went 5 or 6 games without a win before absolutely smashing it in the last 3 games (19 goals!), although they were generally still creating loads of chances and I still had them for 1st place.
Hopefully playing the league leaders will help the atmosphere. If Stoke click and those chances go in at the weekend, we could score 2 or 3. I think a good result will be a draw when usually I'd say nothing but a win for a home match.''

'' Ready for a cracker - defence and midfield bolstered by reinforcements, on the back of a good away win, facing the best team in the league. Let's see how we fare, which should give us a good indication of whether we can compete at the top end of the table.''

'' We will do well to keep them scoring under 3.
We just have to find a way to score 3/4.
L0L''

'' As supporters we need to blow the dust off the 12th Man. Let's get loud and in their face like the West Brom game. Looking back a few years, as a young lad I loved how Lou Macari would build up the support in the Sentinel and on Radio Stoke in the build up to a match. It was like getting your instructions from your Sergeant Major and you went into the Victoria Ground ready.''

'' We'll win this''

'' They need taking down a peg or two,
2-1 to the mighty potters,
They are bringing 800 !!!! (HAHAHAHA)''

'' Pathetic support. Really annoys me that Fulham can punch above their weight in terms of players/keeping Mitrovic because of their location.
Do you really think Mitrovic would've stayed for two relegations if he was at a Sheff Utd or Wolves?''

'' Euston should be interesting Saturday morning fulham here west ham at utd qpr at Coventry millwall at Blackpool. Looks like I've got easy day Saturday only 800 away fans even orient brought more than that.''

'' Drop all the elves and send in the Orcs. I want us to win this match, and as ugly as possible. I'd just love to see how Fulham copes with eight gang tackling Stoke defenders, whose only instructions, are to tackle hard, and hoof the ball long and fast, to Brown and DWP. I suspect (and hope) Fulham will be knackered after their win against Birmingham. The last thing Fulham will want is a hard away game so soon.''

'' I don't mind Fulham but they're a small club prior to Fayeds money they were a small club.
I remember going to a cup game in the early 90s when they were in the bottom tier.''

'' Feels like a defining week with games against Fulham, Coventry and then Huddersfield early on the Friday.

Pick up 5 or more points we're potentially still in the playoff picture, anything less, could be a struggle.''

'' Fulham are by far the best team in the league a point would not be bad, but if the stoke fans get behind the team who knows we could take 3, just hope we give them a good game''

'' Go Stoke
Show us how good you can Be.
Big game. Decent crowd''

That's it for today
[/b]

Deeping_white

''...It's not even like their squad is any better than ours.'' I know we're all biased towards the team we support but they can't be serious surely?

Bill2

Always find it amusing when other clubs criticise our support. Stoke has 2 football league clubs, Stoke of course and Port Vale. So not a lot of competition for fans. In one small patch of West London we have 4, then there are all the others scattered across the city in all level of the professional game.
Also a point to remember is that our fans are not glory hunters just ordinary fans supporting their local club.

Bill2

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 21, 2022, 02:30:28 PM
''...It's not even like their squad is any better than ours.'' I know we're all biased towards the team we support but they can't be serious surely?
Well of course their  centre forward is the same as Mitro the only difference is that he has scored 27 goals and their entire team has scored 30.

Blawarmy

Funniest thing I've read for a while [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Wolf

Quote from: terryr on January 21, 2022, 02:27:17 PM
Really annoys me that Fulham can punch above their weight in terms of players/keeping Mitrovic because of their location.
Do you really think Mitrovic would've stayed for two relegations if he was at a Sheff Utd or Wolves?''

Wow. Not sure how we could make amends for our shabby geographic location conduct.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

mrmicawbers

They all have a similar mindset as they all related to each other.

glenhodgso

I actually thought the comment was firmly tongue-in-cheek

Somerset Fulham

''It'll probably be a bit harder than the Hull game" made me laugh.

I think they mostly have a bit of gallows humour about it all. Fair play to them, I hope it's a decent game.

bobbo

Thank you terry always enjoy it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

TC's Sporran

i liked the comment implying that their defence was all over the place vs a woeful hull so whats going to happen v fulham?

Woolly Mammoth

Their team are a far cry from the days of Stanley Matthews, Jimmy McCilroy and Jackie Mudie.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cookie6262

I'm feeling very old tonight reading that playing for Stoke tomorrow is likely to be Paul Ince's son, Kevin Campbell's son and possibly the son of Shaun Wright-Phillips and grandson of Ian Wright!!

TC's Sporran

that last one kills it for me