watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Currently watching Watford v Norwich on Sky

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 21, 2022, 08:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blawarmy

Their owners deserve everything they get after sacking the last manager when 14th in the table! 

Somerset Fulham

This wasn't such good news really.

If that terrible Watford side had won then there would have been a clear gap between them and Newcastle.  Staying up next season will be a whole lot easier if Newcastle aren't in the equation.

Sgt Fulham

So happy for Norwich. love their haters and the same old recycled crap. Well run club who deserve a bit of success. Watford can do one.

Watford_fc

Quote from: Blawarmy on January 21, 2022, 10:46:08 PM
Their owners deserve everything they get after sacking the last manager when 14th in the table!

The fans demanded him to go and thought Ranieri was the answer .

Guess they have been proved wrong

Jules

As others have said, Ranieri has to go now after his shocking record since he joined Watford. He has been such a bad manager everywhere since that miracle of winning the title.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Jules on January 22, 2022, 06:28:14 AM
As others have said, Ranieri has to go now after his shocking record since he joined Watford. He has been such a bad manager everywhere since that miracle of winning the title.
The recruitment and scouting team should get a statue at Leicester for that title win
Foolish ham

MartyFFC

Claudio will be sacked next week with a handsome payoff, and will probably walk straight into somewhere like Roma where he'll continue to do absolutely nothing. He's an enigma

rebel

I think it's PizzaGate' stop promising pizza, the new in thing is 'Keto Diets', that surely has to be the winning formula.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 22, 2022, 08:07:10 AM
The recruitment and scouting team should get a statue at Leicester for that title win

most of them were nigel pearsons team. the miracle started the season before when virtually doomed to relegation the run began. and carried on into the next season despite a forced change in manager.

Watford_fc

Apparently he did ok in Italy but yes seemed to not have the support of the players and we are as dis organised as ever !

Fulham 442

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 22, 2022, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 22, 2022, 08:07:10 AM

most of them were nigel pearsons team. the miracle started the season before when virtually doomed to relegation the run began. and carried on into the next season despite a forced change in manager.
Exactly right, Ranieri got all the plaudits but most of the work was done by Pearson.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Watford_fc on January 22, 2022, 11:08:34 AM

Apparently he did ok in Italy but yes seemed to not have the support of the players and we are as dis organised as ever !
You only have to look at what he did, or rather didn't do, with us to realise this was a disastrous appointment.  Our players hated him and his weird coaching methods...

Jules

Strange having a Watford fan on a Fulham supporters board? I guess some insight from my interest, I am an ex Watford player (Julian Alsford) albeit I only played 20 odd 1st team games back in the 90s but spent 5 years coming up the ranks. Always wish the club well but very much a big Fulham fan these days....

Tabby

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 22, 2022, 11:30:04 AM

You only have to look at what he did, or rather didn't do, with us to realise this was a disastrous appointment.  Our players hated him and his weird coaching methods...
And that isn't universal. Roy Hodgson lost the dressing room at Inter, is hated at Liverpool and didn't do great for England. Doesn't mean that he was always hated everywhere.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Jules on January 22, 2022, 11:32:55 AM

Strange having a Watford fan on a Fulham supporters board? I guess some insight from my interest, I am an ex Watford player (Julian Alsford) albeit I only played 20 odd 1st team games back in the 90s but spent 5 years coming up the ranks. Always wish the club well but very much a big Fulham fan these days....
Very strange seeing a Watford fan on here but I guess it speaks more to how reasonable fulham fans are...we can see and be reasoned with.
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

That's cool you played first team professional football though...I wish I could've ever got to that stage.
Foolish ham

Watford_fc

Yes sorry only came on after the games we played against you guys (something we probably won't be doing next season !) but there are obviously a few connections between the clubs this season.

That is 20 more games than any young player gets now at the club.

One of the features in recent times  that disappoints fans - the lack of home grown talent coming through but then we seem to have a number of players poached by the big boys .

Probably just before my time - guess you might have known Graham Taylor whose life we were celebrating last night so what happened on the pitch only fulled the frustration .

Jules

Quote from: Watford_fc on January 22, 2022, 11:49:29 AM

Yes sorry only came on after the games we played against you guys (something we probably won't be doing next season !) but there are obviously a few connections between the clubs this season.

That is 20 more games than any young player gets now at the club.

One of the features in recent times  that disappoints fans - the lack of home grown talent coming through but then we seem to have a number of players poached by the big boys .

Probably just before my time - guess you might have known Graham Taylor whose life we were celebrating last night so what happened on the pitch only fulled the frustration .
No, never met Graham as his time pre and post dated my time at the club. My managers were Steve Harrison, Steve Perryman, Colin Lee, Glenn Roeder. I did meet Elton in my time there though! And Rob Page used to clean my boots when he was a youth player!

Somerset Fulham

That is very cool, Jules!

I like other fans being here, it helps give perspective.  Its a shame that more don't do it

Fulham 442

Quote from: Tabby on January 22, 2022, 11:33:44 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 22, 2022, 11:30:04 AM

And that isn't universal. Roy Hodgson lost the dressing room at Inter, is hated at Liverpool and didn't do great for England. Doesn't mean that he was always hated everywhere.
No it doesn't but Ranieri has been pretty poor at his last few clubs hasn't he?  He stands on the touchline looking absolutely clueless.  Roy was never the right fit for Liverpool and that was always going to end in tears....