Main Menu

Ranieri's gone

Started by FFCBadger, January 24, 2022, 05:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCBadger

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

blingo

He said the wrong thing in telling the players to buck up or buck off.

bill taylors apprentice

Plenty of time now to count his money.

filham

What now for him , I would think that the reputation he created by winning the Premier League title with Leicester has now gone.

MikeTheCubed

Think he was gone a long time ago.

perry geyton

I'm sure he's not to bothered £££££££

Barrett487

I'm surprised he lasted that long. As soon as he was appointed i predicted Watford would go down.

wback

Luckiest manager ever.

At Leicester, he had the best scouting fortune ever, that delivered him two unknown, but absolutely world-class players and then found he had a striker in the hottest form of his life, along with a few defenders who gelled.

As far as I can work out, he organised pizza nights and kept their spirits up. But it was the players who decided to win the league that year and were mentally strong enough to follow through on it (along with the collapse of every other big team). The next year, they couldn't keep up the pretence, so got him sacked.

Total joker. Was shocked Watford hired him, unsurprised they've fired him (even though they're an awful club - how could any fan really love what goes on there?).

Would be very surprised if he worked again in a major league (not to say he can't make more money in the Middle East or Asia)

FFCBadger

Yup, sacked in 3 months at Watford (same duration for Fulham incidentally) isn't a ringing endorsement.
But he must be worth some so at 70ish it's gotta be time hasn't it?

Watford_fc

Quote from: blingo on January 24, 2022, 05:16:30 PM

Does seem our owners back the players and not the manager .

Have to say there is more criticism on the owners and players now from our fans whereas when Munoz was sacked they generally agree with that call as many felt he wasn't up to it .

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Thing is, hes got several million for being sh1t...again!

He'll also get called up to save another team somewhere, because it'll be seen as Watford being the problem and not him.

Watford should have kept Deeny around. He is a cracking player who gave the team a leader.

Watford_fc

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on January 24, 2022, 05:59:33 PM
Thing is, hes got several million for being sh1t...again!

He'll also get called up to save another team somewhere, because it'll be seen as Watford being the problem and not him.

Watford should have kept Deeny around. He is a cracking player who gave the team a leader.

Agree but was on high wages and fans were losing the love for him and Birmingham came calling

Fulham 442

Quote from: Barrett487 on January 24, 2022, 05:41:26 PM
I'm surprised he lasted that long. As soon as he was appointed i predicted Watford would go down.
Yes me too.  I sincerely hope he retires now instead of continuing to live on past glories and picking up undeserved pay cheques and pay offs...

Fulham 442

Quote from: Watford_fc on January 24, 2022, 05:51:17 PM

Have to say there is more criticism on the owners and players now from our fans whereas when Munoz was sacked they generally agree with that call as many felt he wasn't up to it .
Watford FC you seem like a nice and reasonable person who had always posted with respect on our message board which I for one have appreciated.  I hope you manage to stay up, never had a problem with Watford personally.

HV71

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 24, 2022, 06:18:26 PM

Watford FC you seem like a nice and reasonable person who had always posted with respect on our message board which I for one have appreciated.  I hope you manage to stay up, never had a problem with Watford personally.

+1 spot on Four Four Two

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 24, 2022, 06:18:26 PM

Much rather Everton go down. Now that'd be funny
Foolish ham

Mince n Tatties

16 managers in ten years...
Lunatic Asylum.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2022, 08:21:56 PM
16 managers in ten years...
Lunatic Asylum.
Like the pundits were saying that only really works for Chelsea...
Foolish ham

Colton F.C.