watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

60 years

Started by Keefy, January 24, 2022, 08:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

gtreat  achievement. I am not quite sure when i exactly first saw fulham but I suspect it was 1963 because I am sure i saw at least three seasons before the world cup.
So I am claiming 59 years BUT I have always had a season ticket and always the same seat in every year since save for loftus where I sat where I was put.

It has been a blast the whole time and I can confirm we are the best club with the best supporters, even the ones I argue with!

mrmicawbers

60 years for me too.Once again I cannot recall who we played on my first game.Will bo going to Blackpool Saturday which happens to fall on my 65th Birthday.Hoping for a win and a good drink with friends and family.

filham

Quote from: Peabody on January 25, 2022, 12:01:07 PM
Sept 1946 = 74years
A couple of years ahead of me Peabody and I envy you so much for having seen the great Ronnie Rooke.

davew

Welcome to the over 60's club, think I am up to 66 years now but can't remember the first match I watched, I was only 5!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bog

Sept 1946 = 74years

Sir. You must be close to being the lonest time supporting?  :54: I wonder who is?

Peabody

Quote from: filham on January 25, 2022, 04:18:41 PM
Sept 1946 = 74years
A couple of years ahead of me Peabody and I envy you so much for having seen the great Ronnie Rooke.

Yea rah, and he scored bog but truth be told, I can't remember to much about the game

bigalffc

September 1958 for me, with my Grandad. Now my grandchildren come with me and the eldest is a season ticket holder. Fulham family club!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

MickW

1962 Fulham 5 Arsenal 2 what a first game.

Tonywa

Quote from: RaySmith on January 24, 2022, 08:40:21 PM
Quote from: Keefy on January 24, 2022, 08:28:59 PM
Thursday marks the 60th anniversary of my first Fulham game. It was a FA cup game against Walsall which we drew 2-2. A few ups and downs since but I wouldn't swop for any other club. COYWs

I was at that game too, though not my first, I'm pretty sure - was that when we went onto the semi- final v Burnley?
Did we also play Port Vale and Macclesfield (?), or am I thinking of another cup run?

Congratulations anyway.

We certainly did play Port Vale and that was my first Fulham game, so I'm another celebrating my 60th anniversary.  The Macclesfield cup tie was a few years later IIRC. 1967/8 season.

Barrett487

My first game was 1972/3 season, can't recall the game, but my dodgy memory said it was a draw and we played against a team in red and white stripes. I've tried to research it and can't find a perfect fit  :016:

I'm confident that it was post Benfica.

Lighthouse

60 Years, and yet through all the pain and the suffering. The disappointment, the frustration and the nights awake screaming at the ref for allowing that last minute goal. The players who were ill fitting and the coaches and managers who couldn't manage a toilet seat.

We all remember the better times. The friends and the laughs and the moments of pure joy. 60 years when life could have been so much happier doing something else. Yet nothing could be better.

Congratulations.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrmicawbers

Yep been through some pretty crappy times over my 60years,but doesn't that make the good times even sweeter.Got to thank my late Father for taking me to the Cottage,although i have cursed  him in the past lol.

filham

My highlight has to be the times with Haynes, Jezzard and Robson in attack, dreaming back to those days saw me through all those bad years.
We will never again see a Fulham attack as good again although right now we are moving in the right direction.