more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Roy Hodgson in running to take over from Ranieri

Started by copthornemike, January 24, 2022, 10:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on January 25, 2022, 10:24:22 AM
When you look at Watford they deserve to go down. They Will be paying at least three managers after releasing Ranieri. That money would have been better spent on players. teams like that do not deserve to stay up and will be in so much debt if relegated they could do a Sunderland

I had a not dissimilar reaction. I'm very surprised that Roy would want to go to Watford, they have a weak and unbalanced squad and Gino Pizzi has a sacking mentality.  I would have thought Roy could have found a better project if he wanted to return to management; somewhere with a more sympathetic ownership and perhaps a club with great traditions striving to return to past glories. It needn't have been in the Prem I'm sure he can't be doing this just for money.

Watford_fc

I hope your confidence in him is well founded!

If Hodgson can get us looking like we might keep clean shreds that would be a start !

Twig

Quote from: Watford_fc on January 25, 2022, 11:32:48 AM

If Hodgson can get us looking like we might keep clean shreds that would be a start !

Clean sheets are his strength. Mind you it will take a game or three while he drills your squad into the team shape he requires.

St Eve

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Holders on January 25, 2022, 09:51:28 AM
If he just took the job to keep them up and then retired that would be a great way to end his career.
+1
Big Sam rolled these same dice too :dft003:
Foolish ham

ChesterTheTabby

Why do they insist with going to old, outdated gaffers? No offense to Roy, the legend, but my word. This won't end well, but for the legend that is our Uncle Woy, I hope it does.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Lordedmundo on January 25, 2022, 10:01:04 AM
I'm surprised that Roy wants the stress of the job to be honest.  I can understand him taking a director of football job somewhere, but surely he is at the age where he would want to take it easy!

On the subject of Brentford, it is incredibly unlikely that they will go down this season. To date, they have won only one game less than the bottom three put together! I just cannot see enough teams below them finding enough form to get to even 30 points and Brentford will surpass that easily..

I would if I was him but it seems he's one of those guy's who's so passionate about the game still he and has the drive to work,so fair play to him.
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

When you look at Watford they deserve to go down. They Will be paying at least three managers after releasing Ranieri. That money would have been better spent on players. teams like that do not deserve to stay up and will be in so much debt if relegated they could do a Sunderland
They own or have extremely close ties to multiple clubs so yiu wouldn't imagine that you be the case but who knows!?
Foolish ham

Wingnut

Would love Roy to keep them up but I can't see it happening. Wonder why Roy decided to take a managerial position. Thought Palace would be his last one. Would have loved him to come back to us for as a director.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

sunburywhite

Nice pay day for him

Will probably get sacked in 6 months time and kop £5m

Great work if you can get it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Wingnut on January 25, 2022, 08:35:10 PM
Would love Roy to keep them up but I can't see it happening. Wonder why Roy decided to take a managerial position. Thought Palace would be his last one. Would have loved him to come back to us for as a director.
Director here would be sexy. Get rid of mackintosh from the footballing side and had the reigns to Roy...think of the spine we'd develop in the side!? Tasty...
Foolish ham

blingo

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

rebel

From what Brede said, Roy will drill the Defence until it's all 'automatic'. Until he can trust
them to do it. It's a formula that has made him a 'success'.

Needed more time at Liverpool, but he was never liked by the 'fans', too 'bland for them'.

For England, he let the 'press' pick the team in the major competitions.

Zendra

I wonder how many clubs have those two have managed between them

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: rebel on January 25, 2022, 09:12:24 PM
From what Brede said, Roy will drill the Defence until it's all 'automatic'. Until he can trust

Needed more time at Liverpool, but he was never liked by the 'fans', too 'bland for them'.

His style of play was never ever going to fly with the Scousers
Foolish ham

Somerset Fulham

Hodgson has had 22 jobs in 45 years, although not all with Ray of course.

Watford_fc

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 25, 2022, 05:39:33 PM
They own or have extremely close ties to multiple clubs so yiu wouldn't imagine that you be the case but who knows!?

Only Udinese now though.

I am not sure what the situation would be but we do have debt and they have taken out loans but many clubs do I guess .

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on January 25, 2022, 09:20:22 PM
Quote from: rebel on January 25, 2022, 09:12:24 PM

His style of play was never ever going to fly with the Scousers

He praised Sir Alex Ferguson too in an early press conference I think which didn't go down well !

Holders

Trust in Roy.

At half time we were 2-0 down at Man City and relegated. We won 3-2 and stayed up.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Holders on January 26, 2022, 09:02:21 AM

Trust in Roy.

At half time we were 2-0 down at Man City and relegated. We won 3-2 and stayed up.
Yes!
Foolish ham