watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stansfield

Started by Cookie6262, January 25, 2022, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie6262

I just read Jay Stansfield is out of contract this summer to?? Is this correct? Can't believe we have let that happen if true!

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

simplyfulham

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

MartyFFC

Don't see any point in getting too excited about academy players, I mean let's face it if they're any good nowadays then they'll be here for about 5 minutes and straight out the door at the first opportunity

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: MartyFFC on January 25, 2022, 01:49:05 PM
Don't see any point in getting too excited about academy players, I mean let's face it if they're any good nowadays then they'll be here for about 5 minutes and straight out the door at the first opportunity
+1 my thoughts entirely
Foolish ham

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The rumour was that Francois had refused a new contract but I cannot remember Stansfield having been mentioned.
I would have thought that Stansfield would have made more news.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 25, 2022, 02:15:47 PM
The rumour was that Francois had refused a new contract but I cannot remember Stansfield having been mentioned.
I would have thought that Stansfield would have made more news.

His contract doesn't expire this summer - it stemmed from an inaccurate report linking him to Palace on a free transfer but I think he's contracted to 2023.

NJFulham

He should get loaned out. 

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

LC

Quote from: MartyFFC on January 25, 2022, 01:49:05 PM

It wouldn't happen if we were in the PL, fact is we're not, yet.

filham

With the Mitro scoring rate so high and Muniz looking sharp it is difficult to see how Stanfield is going to get game time.

Lighthouse

Whatever the truth the club doesn't 'let it happen'. If they want to extend a contract they will ask the player and his agent and make an offer. The agent and player will either say yes or no or come back with a better offer. It is the way football is run.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

JEEVES

sunburywhite

Great news

Lets hope his mum ditches the pudding bowl haircuts now
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Rational Fan

Now, we should find a way to play Stansfield instead of Cavalho, so we can reward club loyalty and improve a player that is going to stay at the Club. We need to send a message that we look after our youth that are loyal to us, and let those who aren't loyal to us need to learn they won't get a chance just because they are youth. I am more interested in developing a player like Caverlio with 3 years left on his contract; than Cavalho with 4 months left on his contract.

Deeping_white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 26, 2022, 01:25:33 PM
Now, we should find a way to play Stansfield instead of Cavalho, so we can reward club loyalty and improve a player that is going to stay at the Club. We need to send a message that we look after our youth that are loyal to us, and let those who aren't need to learn they will have to do it themselves with fewer breaks and opportunities.

Cut off your nose to spite your face, great idea. Not very rational to drop your best attacking midfielder for a striker because he might leave, is it?

WindyCity

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 26, 2022, 01:29:57 PM
Now, we should find a way to play Stansfield instead of Cavalho, so we can reward club loyalty and improve a player that is going to stay at the Club. We need to send a message that we look after our youth that are loyal to us, and let those who aren't need to learn they will have to do it themselves with fewer breaks and opportunities.
Cut off your nose to spite your face, great idea. Not very rational to drop your best attacking midfielder for a striker because he might leave, is it?

Yeah, agreed.  As long as Carvalho is in this team, seems to be enjoying his football here, scoring goals/assists and making plays helping FFC win (promotion) no need to start sending out messages by sitting him.

keithh

At the moment Muniz is my favorite.

Willham

Now, we should find a way to play Stansfield instead of Cavalho, so we can reward club loyalty and improve a player that is going to stay at the Club. We need to send a message that we look after our youth that are loyal to us, and let those who aren't loyal to us need to learn they won't get a chance just because they are youth. I am more interested in developing a player like Caverlio with 3 years left on his contract; than Cavalho with 4 months left on his contract.
²

I agree with this method but maybe not for the same reasons, instead of it being to reward loyalty, which the loyalty and signing on bonuses that exist within the contract should do enough for that anyway but instead because as manager you should be always building your team for the future (or at least how I'd like to see my club managed) every game should be playing a team together who will improve for the next game (more time to get together, experience, everything basically)

So to me, I would slowly be phasing carvalho out the team from now and the end of the season (if behind close doors it is more certain hes leaving) and phase in people like stanfield on larger contracts.

Notice the 'phasing' it wouldnt literally just go like that, points are the most important so if giving stanfield a chance was resulting poorly then carvalho would still be getting the nod (or another on a longer contract) basically to me a player with 6 month remaining on a contract should not ever be relied upon, your only asking for trouble.

And personally of carvalho leaving meant another year in the championship but then when were promoted we have a team who a good core and strength and long enough contracts to not be disrupted and then survive in the premiership would be better then going up this year losing a talisman and getting relegated straight away again.

The heartache of these straight relergations have been hard and I much prefer the year of winning in the champ then the year of losing in he prem.

Drop carvalho, let me go wherever he wants and let's get stanfield up to prem quality by next year. I'd be very fine with this