watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All you young singers in hammy end.

Started by bobbo, January 26, 2022, 09:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Need to contrive a song ready for when Blackburn come and start singing about us being a library ,and make sure the new song refers to the 0-7 score line. I never join in at my age but enjoy the humour.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

filham

Always good to hear the Hammy end in full voice but it really is time they got away from QPR and the man that wants to be a Brit and gave us something topical.
Can you see the Cottage from your tower ??

mrmicawbers

Quote from: filham on January 26, 2022, 10:28:28 AM
Always good to hear the Hammy end in full voice but it really is time they got away from QPR and the man that wants to be a Brit and gave us something topical.
Love what Al Fayed did for us at the time and will always be forever grateful,but time we put that Al Fayed take us home to bed.Doesn't make sense even.Singing it at Hamburg away was great and will stick in my memory but need something up to date.

Twig

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 26, 2022, 10:05:13 AM
You're never to old to sing....

i agree. i'm no spring chicken but i usually join in the chants, although I tend to avoid any that involve a lot of swearing as there are a few youngsters in my area.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 26, 2022, 11:01:25 AM
Love what Al Fayed did for us at the time and will always be forever grateful,but time we put that Al Fayed take us home to bed.Doesn't make sense even.Singing it at Hamburg away was great and will stick in my memory but need something up to date.
+1 a thread for chant Ideas? Sometimes my mind does wander in the shower say and starts thinking a few up 😂
Foolish ham

Kemosabe

Not sure if you are aware, but they have recently come up with a new song - to the tune of Abba's Super Trouper.  It was being sung up at Stoke apparently.  There is some video of it kicking around somewhere.

:HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD:

TC's Sporran

to the tune of bryan adams heaven
the chorus bit where he sings baby you're all that i want

blackburn youre not very good
and we played you off the park
it isnt hard to believe
we scored seven

blingo

to the tune of please dont go, kc and the sunshine band.

Fab don't go, don't goooooo
Don't go away.
Please don't go, don't goooooo
We want you to stay
Please don't go.

Southdowns White

"At the Blackburn Library, we were in Heaven, you got none and we got seven"

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Southdowns White on January 26, 2022, 01:11:50 PM
"At the Blackburn Library, we were in Heaven, you got none and we got seven"
+1
Foolish ham

Mickeyboro

In the days of old the chants were less specific, more often than not about the club and rarely if ever the players.

Also the tunes were better known - Hey Jude, Ride A White Swan.

Made up songs about players will always have a shelf life. About Blackburn even more so! Seven nil to the Champions would suffice, surely?

mrmicawbers

f321ffc

How about all the music before the game  being songs with  seven in the words, anyone think of any?
Here's my suggestion but somehow I don't think they will play it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TwzcXuIw1ws
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Wolf

Personally love the song. Its part of our heritage. If its no longer relevant why then do we have a statue and stand named after some player from the sixties?
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

shepperton white

Surely with all our superstar supporters, there's someone who can write some alternative words  to Country Roads which is a great tune, but I agree the words we sing now are no longer appropriate.

keithh

I always thought that the pop songs "We are the champions" or "I believe" could be tweaked by a Fulham lyricist.

noj

Not that many of the young singers will know this but thought the following would be apt:  A Day In The Life - The Beatles

Ah, I read the news today. oh boy,
Seven goals in Blackburn Lancashire,
And though the goals made them look small,
They had to count them all,
Now they know how many goals it takes to beat the White Wall,
They had to turn away.

PaulJ123

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 26, 2022, 11:01:25 AM

Totally agree, MAF was great for us but we need to freshen things up.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: noj on January 26, 2022, 04:26:13 PM
Not that many of the young singers will know this but thought the following would be apt:  A Day In The Life - The Beatles

Ah, I read the news today. oh boy,
Seven goals in Blackburn Lancashire,
And though the goals made them look small,
They had to count them all,
Now they know how many goals it takes to beat the White Wall,
They had to turn away.

Great Tune,like what you did.