watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt O'Riley

Started by Ludlow Richard, January 27, 2022, 11:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

I hadn't noticed that Matt O'Riley had moved from MK Dons to Celtic. Made his Celtic debut last night and was named Man of the Match on the BBC website. Perhaps a lesson for all talented youngsters: do your hard work in the lower leagues before the big money move.....

bencher

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on January 27, 2022, 11:40:34 AM
I hadn't noticed that Matt O'Riley had moved from MK Dons to Celtic. Made his Celtic debut last night and was named Man of the Match on the BBC website. Perhaps a lesson for all talented youngsters: do your hard work in the lower leagues before the big money move.....

...to a league on par with League 1...

Count Flapula

Quote from: bencher on January 27, 2022, 11:54:39 AM

...where he will probably win multiple trophies, likely play Champions League football and put himself in a bigger shop window for an even bigger move if he does well.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Count Flapula on January 27, 2022, 12:05:15 PM

...where he will probably win multiple trophies, likely play Champions League football and put himself in a bigger shop window for an even bigger move if he does well.
Like Patrick Roberts and Moussa Dembele 2?  Hmmm
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 27, 2022, 12:17:13 PM

Moussa is doing alright at Lyon.

Woolly Mammoth

It's Sunday morning football in that part of the world.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Count Flapula

Patricks Roberts went straight to Man City having done nothing, then went out on loan to Celtic and did OK at best, flitting in and out of the team, then flopped as he never progressed his game so is in fact the opposite of what O Riley did and proves the OP's point - so thanks for pointing that out.

Dembele played for us in the Champ (not saying I like what he did when left us - far from it - but that is a separate arguement) went to Celtic, scored shed loads of goals, played in the Champions League then earned a move to Lyon and scored 20+ goals in his first 2 seasons, scoring 2 goals in the Champions League quarter finals v Man City helping then get into the Semi finals. He went off the boil last season for whatever reason but again is back in the team and goals again now. So again, he is a player who got games at a lower league, developed and got a move to a bigger team, which is exactly the point the OP is making.

Twig

Quote from: Count Flapula on January 27, 2022, 12:31:31 PM

Patricks Roberts went straight to Man City having done nothing, then went out on loan to Celtic and did OK at best, flitting in and out of the team, then flopped as he never progressed his game so is in fact the opposite of what O Riley did and proves the OP's point - so thanks for pointing that out.

Dembele played for us in the Champ (not saying I like what he did when left us - far from it - but that is a separate arguement) went to Celtic, scored shed loads of goals, played in the Champions League then earned a move to Lyon and scored 20+ goals in his first 2 seasons, scoring 2 goals in the Champions League quarter finals v Man City helping then get into the Semi finals. He went off the boil last season for whatever reason but again is back in the team and goals again now. So again, he is a player who got games at a lower league, developed and got a move to a bigger team, which is exactly the point the OP is making.

Thank goodness for some sense and logic rather than daft nonsense.

Blawarmy

And Scott Parker told him he thought he should be a DM which made his mind up to leave the club. Good look Matt

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Blawarmy on January 27, 2022, 02:15:49 PM
And Scott Parker told him he thought he should be a DM which made his mind up to leave the club. Good look Matt

Another thing we can thank Parker for. From the clips I've seen - and this is Youtube, so not the most objective - he reminds me of Cairney. Could've been a future successor.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Twig on January 27, 2022, 12:41:06 PM
Quote from: Count Flapula on January 27, 2022, 12:31:31 PM

Thank goodness for some sense and logic rather than daft nonsense.
Except that Moussa is no longer at Lyon and is not scoring shed loads is he.  He has been loaned out to Atletico Madrid and I hope he is very successful there.  Facts, not foolishness.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

cmg

Dembele has returned from loan. Started the French season in fine form, got injured and has now returned to score the winner for OL in the last 2 games.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: cmg on January 27, 2022, 05:33:09 PM
Dembele has returned from loan. Started the French season in fine form, got injured and has now returned to score the winner for OL in the last 2 games.
That I didn't know. Thanks and fair enough.

Count Flapula

Quote from: cmg on January 27, 2022, 05:33:09 PM

Cheers - saved me the job of pointing out his facts weren't facts!