News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Gale- Disappointed by moaning fans at the Sheff Utd game.....

Started by Kingjay81, January 27, 2022, 05:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingjay81

The Sheff Utd game was one of only a couple I've missed all season but I've just read Tony's column saying how disappointed he was at the moans from our crowd during our 1 nil loss. Basically having a go at the fans!

That moaning didn't come through when I was watching it on tv...Does he have a point?

Ruislip White

It was the worst performance of the season for me.  We at least had a go at Coventry, and tried to mount come backs at Blackpool and Reading.  We offered nothing in the Sheffield game.
So the moaning would be understandable based on performance, regardless of result.  I didn't hear much.

Thankfully it was a bit of wake up call, but not best entertainment on the night.

RaySmith

Are fans too harshly judgmental, especially considering all the great , winning football we've played this season?

I don't believe in easy games.

I think fans should get behind the team during games, and save the criticism for after.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on January 28, 2022, 09:51:11 AM
Are fans too harshly judgmental, especially considering all the great , winning football we've played this season?

I don't believe in easy games.

I think fans should get behind the team during games, and save the criticism for after.

Yes i agree and you have made a balanced assessment of the situation.
Fulham are only human and on the day sometimes for various reasons nothing seems to go right and we get a disappointing performance and result.
We have to remember there is another team on the pitch and they have not come to lay down and get their tummy tickled.
This is the English Championship and it's survival of the fittest, dog eat dog, and take no prisoners.
So we have to take adverse results on the chin, but you get up off the floor dust yourself down and go again the next match, because the next match is the most important.
Because of many midweek matches we haven't got to wait too long to get back on the horse.
There are 46 League matches and no matter how good we may think we are, we are not always going to get our own way, It's 11 v 11.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.