watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most Important Thing Today...Is

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 29, 2022, 05:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joef

Well it really puts into perspective for me that result. I came home so frustrated by the game and now I couldn't care less. How terribly sad for the family, you go to a game of football and that happens. All our thoughts should be with them and not the result.

Andy S

At least one of their last thoughts were that. We were. 1-0 up. May they rest in peace

AJW48361

Puts everything into prospective.God Bless RIP.

SP

flyingfish

Oh no. I was so hoping for good news after the last time this happened at the Preston game and the chap was OK. What an awful outcome.

HV71

Over twenty years ago I witnessed this . It has stayed with me . The replayed game was attended by his widow
and children  . The crowd laughed when he fell over - but everyone soon realised it was more serious and the mood changed quickly it was awful . Today's outcome was no better - although I'm sure that many of us thought the gentleman had pulled through - but sadly not. The response from the crowd , players and medical team was swift - but to no avail . RIP

Referee  dies on pitch

Simon Burnton
@Simon_Burnton
Tue 17 Apr 2001 21.16 BST

A referee died yesterday after collapsing on the pitch during the Third Division game between Southend and Mansfield.

Mike North, 41, who was in his first year on the Football League list, suffered a suspected cardiac arrest three minutes before half-time. He was treated on the pitch for five minutes before being taken to Southend General Hospital. "Despite efforts here at the hospital and earlier at the ground, we were unable to resuscitate him," said the hospital manager, Kevin McKenny.

John Gowans, Southend's physiotherapist, was one of the first people to reach Mr North after he collapsed.

"When I got there he was lying face down and motionless," he said. "I checked his breathing and his pulse and both were shallow.

"The club doctor and others then took over but as far as I could see there was no response. All the players are shocked and it puts life into perspective. You realise football is just a game." The match, 0-0 at the time of the incident, was abandoned.

Dunstable Fulham

God Bless you Paul.

Much love, peace and comfort to Paul's family.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: joef on January 29, 2022, 07:51:58 PM
Well it really puts into perspective for me that result. I came home so frustrated by the game and now I couldn't care less. How terribly sad for the family, you go to a game of football and that happens. All our thoughts should be with them and not the result.

Great Post  -
Well done x

OtherHodgson

RIP fellow Fulham supporter. The family that is Fulham FC is one of the reasons I fell in love with this club. We mourn the loss of one of our faithful and our thoughts are with his loved ones.

COYW.

cottage expat

I'm gutted. I thought that after he'd been revived and was  awake and speaking that he'd pull through. As others have noted, it really puts things in perspective. May he rest in peace and may his family find some comfort and solace in the outpouring of love from his fellow supporters.