watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

bournemouth transfer window

Started by ALG01, February 01, 2022, 09:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

it may or may noit help them but I like the look of what they have done.
it doesn't mean they will turn their season round but it shows they are trying and have attempted to make the squad very much stronger.
we needed a tough defensive central midfielder IMO and have done since slav was here, the issue remains and accounts for why our defence always looks so exposed.

StuinSalop

I tend to think it's the lack of defensive players rather than the quality of them, we are set up to attack which is why we are open at the back.  If you add another defensive player in midfield you have to take that player from another position.  Our current set up has got us nicely clear at the top so I really don't see the point in changing it.  One or 2 quality additions helps freshen things up but I wonder have Bournemouth over done it a bit.  The message to their players is a negative one and changing too much this far through the season could go both ways.  We will see!

blingo

Sets them up nicely to go on a run of bad results whilst their new players blend into the squad and learn the intricacies of Parker ball.

Nero

Buying like a relegation threaten team. Will probably put a few noises out of place and we know how great Parker is at managing players in that position.

mrmicawbers

ALG01

it's always a gamble but I do like the look of their incomings
we shall see if it works.

bobbo

Quote from: blingo on February 01, 2022, 09:37:31 AM
Sets them up nicely to go on a run of bad results whilst their new players blend into the squad and learn the intricacies of Parker ball.
yeah hopefully 👍⚽️
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bill taylors apprentice

Parker hasn't been kind to his players recently in public and the bulk arrival of new players may just unsettle the dressing room if doesn't all click very quickly.
And we know our dressing room wasn't as happy a place as we were lead to believe last season between the old and the new.

Riverside

A sign if intent or desperation ?

Could go either way for them
The players grey have bought do strengthen the squad

BUT midseason it is hard to make so many changes
and they could unsettle the changing room

So watch this space

( Complete contrast the message we have sent
We think we have the players and we are good enough )

Craven Mad

Seems like a financial risk to me, but no doubt they're stronger now than they were a month ago.

Bill2

Too many loan players at this stage of the season, not sure how he will blend them in quickly enough.

Bill2

Quote from: Riverside on February 01, 2022, 11:17:29 AM
A sign if intent or desperation ?

Could go either way for them
The players grey have bought do strengthen the squad

BUT midseason it is hard to make so many changes
and they could unsettle the changing room

So watch this space

( Complete contrast the message we have sent
We think we have the players and we are good enough )

Typing a bit iffy but agree with the message

filham

With only 18 championship games left Parker has to get all of those new players bedded in and adjusted to Parker Ball pretty quickly, rather be in Silva's position where all that is needed is continuity with just a welsh international to be gradually introduced from the bench when convenient.

LC

5 points clear with a game in hand and we still have the best team/squad in the Championship.

We're going up that pretty much is clear, it just depends on whether we do it by winning the league and if we score more than 100 goals this season or not.

4 of 5 good additions in the summer and we'll have a side capable of staying up in the PL.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2022, 02:48:43 PM
With only 18 championship games left Parker has to get all of those new players bedded in and adjusted to Parker Ball pretty quickly, rather be in Silva's position where all that is needed is continuity with just a welsh international to be gradually introduced from the bench when convenient.

Given that players tend to get worse once they've been coached by Parker for a suffiecent time signing half a starting eleven per window might be a good tactic.

MartyFFC

They've had a good window, and I would fully expect them to grind out enough results to secure second place

JackHamlet90

On paper some great additions they will certainly improve but have defo panicked & Parker will struggle keeping everyone happy they have a huge squad now where as we have trimmed ours down

Caedal

They are going to be in huge trouble FFP wise if they don't go up. It was a classic Parker move of throwing his current players under the bus when Parkerball gets found out, then begging the owners for more players. Won't be long before there are locker room issues like last season

perry geyton

Panic buys, Parker hasn't got the foggiest
Let the rot kick in

Nero

Read somewhere the other day they now have 6 players on loan, but can only have 5 in the match day squad.  Already looking like there may be trouble ahead