News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why no TV channel showing Man.City V Fulham??

Started by Nick Bateman, February 04, 2022, 01:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

All major television outlets have decided not to show one of the stand out fixtures in this round of the FA Cup, much to many pundits astonishment. BBC are showing Chelsea home to Plymouth, ITV will cover Liverpool V Cardiff, but the top of the Premier League against the top of the Championship is not deemed as worthy as those miserable offerings.

If Silva decides to respect this honoured competition while Pep rests some senior players, Fulham could produce a major surprise in this tournament. But it will be missed, as these outlets all failed to show the cup shock Cambridge defeat Newcastle at St.James'.

One thought it would be certain our match would be aired on national television. Fulham are thrashing teams in this division and while Manchester City are fairly dominant in their respective league, Pep has a history of not taking this cup seriously. It has all teh elements for a momumental result yet will be sidelined because both out-of-touch networks deem Chelsea-Plymouth and Liverpool-Cardiff more likely a shock!? Plymouth are a mid-table team in League one, while Cardiff are in a relegation dog fight in the Championship. How can either match be more competitive than Fulham away to City??

One simply hopes Silva plays a strong team that includes Mitrovic, has a go, and proves the broadcasters what a bunch of ignoramous numptys they are!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Bill2

Obviously the Kettering v West Ham will be far more exciting while it is 0 - 0 then West Ham go 2 up and it becomes a one sided bore although could be fun if kettering start kicking anything that moves and maybe the ball sometimes.

G_Gribby

We have it available in Sweden anyway.

:dft003:
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

love4ffc

I am surprised that this is not a televised match in England.  It will be shown here in the States via ESPN +  so I would imagine there will be plenty of streams. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Twig

Everyone on the "team vs Man City" thread tells me that it's a forgone conclusion and that we may as well not bother turning up.  On that basis I guess it's hardly the most interesting match up.  At least the BBC will show all the goals but apparently they'll all be against us! 

ianthailand

It will probably be on Hesgoal.com. I seem to remember they had most, if not all, 3rd round matches streamed.

WestSussexWhite

bog

The ingredients are there. The side top of the Premier v the side top of the Championship. The latter the highest goal scorers in the top two divisions throughout Europe with the top goal scorer throughout Europe in their line up...possibly.... :022:

092.gif

winterline

It's on ESPN+ meaning there will be good quality streams online to find with no issue.

H4usuallysitting

Somebody in the cab said....there were game's on the bbc red button....but did not elaborate

Nick Bateman

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 04, 2022, 08:18:55 PM
Somebody in the cab said....there were game's on the bbc red button....but did not elaborate

Dark arts Chelsea is on.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Rupert

It might be a good omen. Last time we faced the top of the Premiership in the FA Cup when we were also top of our division, the TV people had to rely on the Aston Villa ground cameras to show our two goals as we marched confidently on to the next round, as nobody had even considered the possibility that we might win it. Also, from memory, we do not seem to do too well when live on BBC or ITV, so maybe it is for the best. And, to clinch the debate, I am working today, and I would rather not have live updates from all and sundry in this place as the goals rattle in, thanks very much.

So, I approve of the TV companies ignoring us.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

filham

With the FA Cup the media are looking for big giant killing acts and they have obviously decided it is not going to happen to City.
Wouldn't it be great to see them proved wrong.

Chesh

Quote from: filham on February 05, 2022, 10:09:43 AM
With the FA Cup the media are looking for big giant killing acts and they have obviously decided it is not going to happen to City.
Wouldn't it be great to see them proved wrong.
Yes, and it's not likely to be happening at Anfield either, but it's all about global viewing figures when there are no 'romantic' fixtures left available, and Liverpool will have more viewers than City.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

MartyFFC

Chelsea beating Plymouth 3-0; would literally rather stick pins in my eyes than watch that

Somerset Fulham

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Bill2 on February 04, 2022, 01:41:22 PM
Obviously the Kettering v West Ham will be far more exciting while it is 0 - 0 then West Ham go 2 up and it becomes a one sided bore although could be fun if kettering start kicking anything that moves and maybe the ball sometimes.

Kettering winning 1-0 with 10 mins to go, might just justify it being televised if they can hold their nerve. Would also be hilarious. Chelsea also drawing with Plymouth.

This should encourage the lads to pull off a shock.