watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Promotion

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, February 05, 2022, 08:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

After the magical night at Wembley almost 2 years ago, would you take a play off final now, with no guarantee of promotion or winning the league comfortably?

For me, that night was something else and I'd be highly tempted to go for that, with the belief we were good enough to win.

Jules

No way, auto promotion wins every time. Via play offs is a lottery and losing would be catastrophic for us. I was at Wembley for the villa game and agree, great day but would rather we have more time to prepare for the prem by winning the league comfortably.

SuffolkWhite

I think to go up as Champions is the goal as much as a Wembley win is very special. Also, getting automatic promotion allows us more transfer time.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MartyFFC

Been there done that, much rather we just got the job done. If that means securing promotion away at Middlesbrough with about 300 of us in the away end, then so be it

Cambridge Pete

Whilst both playoff wins were great days Automatic promotion must be the best. More time to plan for the next campaign and a better rest period for all the players.

ffc73

Remember '75 & Hamburg. A team goes homes from a final disappointed.
At this time last season Brentford were top.  They were promoted via the play-offs.
Let's not lose focus.  Champions and automatic promotion has to be the goal.

filham

Those play off promoyions were great but let us not forget previous play off failures.
No way do we want the tension of yet another play off season, we have to fully focus on automatic promotion and nothing must get in the way.

Twig

Much prefer auto promotion and prepare early for the Prem.

Winning the play off finals was good but for me neither generated the same emotion as some of our great European wins.

Fulham Tup North

Beating Villa at Wembley was one of my favourite days of supporting Fulham... and to be there with my lad made it extra special....
Winning the league would still be magical too....
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WestSussexWhite

No got to go up automatically IMO. In terms of the preparation time for the premier league, automatic promotion is essential

Woolly Mammoth

As much as i enjoy a successful play off final, on this occasion it's paramount if we can to and if we are capable to secure automatic promotion asap. The earlier we know our fate the more time we have to prepare and organise and condition.
It has to be third time lucky and stay in the English Premier League to obtain stability rather than keep going up and down like a lift.
Because yo yoing keeps us rudderless and without stability we will never have a settled club on and off the pitch, whether it be short term, long term or middle term.
Once we achieve to stay up we can build on it and have more chance of keeping key players and recruiting better quality players.
Being a Yo Yo club is Fools Gold,  that is why the toy was predominantly made for children to play with.
Otherwise shortly we will come unstuck and stay down and we may even end up in the land of of mediocrity, as has happened to many clubs bigger than Fulham.
So beware the Ides of March.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Somerset Fulham

Automatic for sure, just to give us more time to be able to plan and buy/sell.

Whitestone

The title is within our reach. That's got to be the target with 18 games left.

HV71

Need to go up automatically- we will need time to assemble the best squad we can

FFC1987

CHampions, no contest at all. To be honest, the thought of gambling on playoffs just reeks of failure to me.

cookieg

The play off wins were great but a third time might be pushing our luck. Best to go up automatically.