https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many more points?

Started by Rodshig, February 09, 2022, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Riversider

24 points from here on in and 17 games to get them.

Woolly Mammoth

The sensible and most successful and reliable way is to target 51 points and by doing so we will pick up enough points on the way to achieve automatic promotion.
In other words the next target is 3 points v Hull City, and look no further, as thinking that one team is easier than another is poor philosophy, every opponent is a threat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2022, 08:05:47 AM
The sensible and most successful and reliable way is to target 51 points and by doing so we will pick up enough points on the way to achieve automatic promotion.
In other words the next target is 3 points v Hull City, and look no further, as thinking that one team is easier than another is poor philosophy, every opponent is a threat.
+1
We got where we are one game at a time.  We do the exact same until there are no games left to play in the season.   

Mr White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 10, 2022, 08:05:47 AM

Wise words Mammoth.

b+w geezer

Wise indeed for the team to take a match at a time and aim to win every one, but  we are merely outsiders posed a Q. about likely needs.  On that zero-status basis, I'd forecast 26. (E.g W7 D5 L5.) Could be more, but slightly likelier to be less. The most rapidly improving teams have left it thankfully late.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: b+w geezer on February 10, 2022, 05:44:15 PM
Wise indeed for the team to take a match at a time and aim to win every one, but  we are merely outsiders posed a Q. about likely needs.

Exactly.

Quote from: b+w geezer on February 10, 2022, 05:44:15 PMOn that zero-status basis, I'd forecast 26. (E.g W7 D5 L5.) Could be more, but slightly likelier to be less. The most rapidly improving teams have left it thankfully late.

I think it's fairly likely to be less. Just consider what it would take for any of the sides not named Fulham or Bournemouth to get to even 85 points by the end of the season. All except QPR would have to average more than 2 PPG from now until May (QPR 1.94; Blackburn 2.13; Sheffield United 2.22; Middlesbrough 2.29; Luton 2.35; Huddersfield 2.4; Forest 2.44). Hell, we've only averaged 2.1 PPG over the course of the season (and Bournemouth 1.9).

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: b+w geezer on February 10, 2022, 05:44:15 PM
Wise indeed for the team to take a match at a time and aim to win every one, but  we are merely outsiders posed a Q. about likely needs.  On that zero-status basis, I'd forecast 26. (E.g W7 D5 L5.) Could be more, but slightly likelier to be less. The most rapidly improving teams have left it thankfully late.

Agree with this, although I cannot see us losing 5 games. We've lost 4 games all season, can't see us losing 5 in the last 17. I think 8/9 wins and some draws will definitely do it

Chi_FFC

After today's results I think it's going to be really, really difficult for any team other than Fulham and Bournemouth to even get to 85 points this season. 

Denver Fulham

What ultimately will be required will likely be far less than projections here. There's a difference between that and what's virtually certain right now. Given our GD, we might only need 81-82 to hold on to second, which is basically relegation form. Maybe even fewer. I think 85 or above is a virtual lock for top-2 at this point.

davew

24 points whichever way we get them should be enough, maybe 5 wins, 9 draws and 2 defeats?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

cookieg

The question is also whether Bournemouth will win 7 more points than us to pip us to the title.

LC

Quote from: cookieg on February 12, 2022, 06:32:24 PM
The question is also whether Bournemouth will win 7 more points than us to pip us to the title.

We have to play them yet. I'm looking at our performances we don't look like losing

Lusofulham

So far our average point per game is 2.13, so if we keep the same rhythm we will score an another 36 pt which will take us to 100. To answer the question I think 25pt  will be more than enough to assure promotion

MikeTheCubed

Done and dusted at Bournemouth away

flyingfish

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 12, 2022, 11:01:53 PM
Done and dusted at Bournemouth away

That would be hilarious if we were crowned champions at Bournemouth and our victory knocked them out of the autos.

WestSussexWhite

To be honest, I think if we get 13 points from our next 5 games up until after the Swansea game, I think we will be almost there. Get 13 in this 5. May only need 15 points from last 12 games or something

Rodshig

We have a run of tricky games wba, forest, qpr, boro & coventry coming up.

Hope we will have a comfortable cushion by then.

Riversider

Quote from: Rodshig on February 13, 2022, 07:39:36 AM

21 points required from 16 games, even the bang average sides in our division will pick up that amount of points before the season ends,
Bournemouth and Fulham will go up comfortably,  though as I've said previously I can't tell you yet which order they will go up in.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Rodshig on February 13, 2022, 07:39:36 AM

Honestly I only see Forest & Boro as tricky games in that run, and Forest will try to take the game to us which I think plays to our advantage, Boro will be quite a tight game I think