watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top 6 predictions

Started by MartyFFC, February 11, 2022, 09:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

It is a lottery to a certain extent in the Championship,  but I thought the main contenders for top 6 before the season started were,
WBA
QPR
BOURNEMOUTH
SHEFF UTD (because they had God as a Manager)
FULHAM
and of course a rank outsider that no one thinks of.

Looking at it now, NF look good as dark horses and for  the two automatic places I think Us, Bournemouth or QPR.

Nothing is definite in the  Championship and as the old mantra is one game at a time no chickens should be counted yet!!!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 11, 2022, 07:16:02 PM
Personally I very much hope Bournemouth come up in second place

At the start of the season I backed Fulham to make the playoffs  @ 11/5
Fulham first Bournemouth second @ 55/1
Bournemouth 1st Fulham second @ 60/1
Fulham champions @ 9/2

Am keepring everything crossed
I really don't mind the final 6 (other than Fulham 1st), as I have a good bet on that.... also Fulham to get 100 goals @ 300/1!!!! That I am sweating on 😱😱👍
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

It's Fulham's Championship to lose.
So if we avoid that scenario, whoever goes up with Fulham for me is a lottery.
I feel that half the Division will fancy making the top six.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nick Bateman

Boscombe and Parkerball "to play good football in any match till the end of the season" @ 10000000-1.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MartyFFC

However it finishes, there's no doubt it will be an absolute bun fight in the playoffs. And I certainly think Parker will be grateful that Wilder and Cooper weren't in charge when the season started......

Riversider

Are people still thinking QPR and Blackburn are a threat to Top 2 ?

RoyTund

Bournemouth should finish top 2 given squad quality and depth.

JoeS

1. Fulham
2. Bournemouth
--------------------
3. Boro
4. Forest
5. Blackburn
6. QPR

Boro beat QPR, Forest beat Blackburn, Boro beat Forest at Wembley

Sgt Fulham

1. Fulham
2. Bournemouth
3. Middlesborough
4. Nottingham Forest
5. Sheffield United
6. Blackburn Rovers

MartyFFC

Worthy of a bump given now things are looking a bit clearer. Unsurprisingly no mention of Luton, though I see Huddersfield got a mention which certainly deserves some credit....... whilst I don't like them, a part of me wants to see Millwall snatch the last spot. Another London derby, and would be amusing seeing their fans in the PL, the games against West Ham especially

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: MartyFFC on April 24, 2022, 09:30:55 AM
Worthy of a bump given now things are looking a bit clearer. Unsurprisingly no mention of Luton, though I see Huddersfield got a mention which certainly deserves some credit....... whilst I don't like them, a part of me wants to see Millwall snatch the last spot. Another London derby, and would be amusing seeing their fans in the PL, the games against West Ham especially
Forest certainly look like favorites atm.... but I am sticking with Huddersfield .... easier for me to get to next season than Nottingham tbf ;)
...and only one goal away from that magical 100+.... although I am still sweating on that bet :(
COYW

SG

I'd be surprised if the teams in the playoff places now aren't the ones that contest the play offs. By the time we play Luton and Sheffield U they'll be secure I expect.
That goal will come on Tuesday- what was the stake?

Cobh Fulham Fan

Does everyone still feel Bournemouth will avoid the playoffs?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: SG on April 24, 2022, 10:05:00 AM
I'd be surprised if the teams in the playoff places now aren't the ones that contest the play offs. By the time we play Luton and Sheffield U they'll be secure I expect.
£20 @ 300/1....  It was made up of a couple of free £5 bets... so I only really risked a tenner of my own money ....  A couple of Leeds guys I work with laughed at me... and said I should have just given them the money...  They're not quite so cocky now... but it would be very Fulhamish to now have three blanks.....  I'm trying not to think about it too much... and remember if I lose...it's only a tenner :( ....
COYW

filham

Interesting how things have changed with 3 games left Bournmouth and us look almost certain for title and 2nd place with Forrest, Luton, Shef.U. and Huddersfield for play offs.
Surprised how Boro fell away.
Still like to see Millwall come through with a late run.

davew

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 11, 2022, 10:34:11 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on February 11, 2022, 07:16:02 PM
Personally I very much hope Bournemouth come up in second place

At the start of the season I backed Fulham to make the playoffs  @ 11/5
Fulham first Bournemouth second @ 55/1
Bournemouth 1st Fulham second @ 60/1
Fulham champions @ 9/2

Am keepring everything crossed
I really don't mind the final 6 (other than Fulham 1st), as I have a good bet on that.... also Fulham to get 100 goals @ 300/1!!!! That I am sweating on 😱😱👍
COYW
You could probably cash out at 250/1 now (lol), no need to start sweating, leave that to the bookie!! Good luck.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Blawarmy

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 11, 2022, 09:54:49 AM
If we look at a form sample equal to the number of remaining games for each team (e.g. Fulham have 17 games remaining, and as such we look at our PPG for the last 17 games, for Blackburn it is 15 games remaining so we look at their PPG for the last 15 games etc.), we end up with this as the final positions:

1. Fulham, 99 points
2. QPR, 86
3. Blackburn, 83
4. Bournemouth, 82
5. Sheffield United, 78
6. M'Boro, 77
7. Nottingham, 75

This takes longer term form into consideration, which is bad for a team like Bournemouth that has gone of the boil quite a bit (9th in the form table over the last 17 games). It of course does not take into consideration the aforementioned more recent drastic upturn in form for Nottingham as that is mitigated by bad form before that, so of course there may be several such factors to consider.

Also worth a mention are two teams that looked good initially but has completely tanked in form, namely Coventry and WBA who end up in 12th and 13th spot respectively. Their recent form over a full season would place them at 18th (Coventry) and 20th (WBA). So, almost relegation form for WBA over their last 16 games.
Coventry played their 2 best games against us. [emoji849]

SG

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 24, 2022, 11:50:43 AM
£20 @ 300/1....  It was made up of a couple of free £5 bets... so I only really risked a tenner of my own money ....  A couple of Leeds guys I work with laughed at me... and said I should have just given them the money...  They're not quite so cocky now... but it would be very Fulhamish to now have three blanks.....  I'm trying not to think about it too much... and remember if I lose...it's only a tenner :( ....
COYW

'I'm trying not to think about it too much' - only every other post mentioned it 😂😂😂

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: SG on April 24, 2022, 08:26:49 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 24, 2022, 11:50:43 AM
COYW

'I'm trying not to think about it too much' - only every other post mentioned it 😂😂😂
Always mentioning it.... just trying not to think about it!!!... a real catch-22 🤣🤣😱⚽️