Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

1. Fulham
2. Bournemouth
3. QPR
4. Forest
5. Sheffield United
6. Boro

The only 2 I can see upsetting the apple cart is if Blackburn can find some consistency again, and if Lettuce Head can get WBA going. But pretty confident it will finish as above, might see what odds Paddy Power are offering

AJW48361

Motspur Park

I can't see you being too far out there. As you say, all dependent on Blackburn form to the end of the season.

AJW48361

Heard from a source that Coopers record at Forest since his  appointment Forest top of the League?

Deeping_white

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 11, 2022, 09:16:34 AM
Heard from a source that Coopers record at Forest since his  appointment Forest top of the League?

Second to us

Sting of the North

If we look at a form sample equal to the number of remaining games for each team (e.g. Fulham have 17 games remaining, and as such we look at our PPG for the last 17 games, for Blackburn it is 15 games remaining so we look at their PPG for the last 15 games etc.), we end up with this as the final positions:

1. Fulham, 99 points
2. QPR, 86
3. Blackburn, 83
4. Bournemouth, 82
5. Sheffield United, 78
6. M'Boro, 77
7. Nottingham, 75

This takes longer term form into consideration, which is bad for a team like Bournemouth that has gone of the boil quite a bit (9th in the form table over the last 17 games). It of course does not take into consideration the aforementioned more recent drastic upturn in form for Nottingham as that is mitigated by bad form before that, so of course there may be several such factors to consider.

Also worth a mention are two teams that looked good initially but has completely tanked in form, namely Coventry and WBA who end up in 12th and 13th spot respectively. Their recent form over a full season would place them at 18th (Coventry) and 20th (WBA). So, almost relegation form for WBA over their last 16 games.

JoeS

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 11, 2022, 09:16:34 AM

Only one team has more points since he took over, us! And funnily enough we are ahead of them by exactly 3 points in that period, which makes sense when you think we beat them in October. Shows how consistent they have been

We Are Premier League

The only thing I can think of is that if we get 5 wins in the next 7 games, we will get promoted even if we only a get a point per game for the games after that...a big month ahead of us with the last of those 7 games on March 12th!

Jim©

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 11, 2022, 09:54:49 AM
If we look at a form sample equal to the number of remaining games for each team (e.g. Fulham have 17 games remaining, and as such we look at our PPG for the last 17 games, for Blackburn it is 15 games remaining so we look at their PPG for the last 15 games etc.), we end up with this as the final positions:

1. Fulham, 99 points
2. QPR, 86
3. Blackburn, 83
4. Bournemouth, 82
5. Sheffield United, 78
6. M'Boro, 77
7. Nottingham, 75

This takes longer term form into consideration, which is bad for a team like Bournemouth that has gone of the boil quite a bit (9th in the form table over the last 17 games). It of course does not take into consideration the aforementioned more recent drastic upturn in form for Nottingham as that is mitigated by bad form before that, so of course there may be several such factors to consider.

Also worth a mention are two teams that looked good initially but has completely tanked in form, namely Coventry and WBA who end up in 12th and 13th spot respectively. Their recent form over a full season would place them at 18th (Coventry) and 20th (WBA). So, almost relegation form for WBA over their last 16 games.

I think QPR are in a very high position points-wise if you look at the way they've been playing. They've been very lucky in a number of matches I think. I guess the only way to have some sort of proof of this is the expected goals table, that takes into account the style of play.
That has QPR and Forest 6 and 7 places lower than currently.

Personally think Boro look formidable at the moment and they'll be the team to beat. Also think that Bournemouth (who are 4 places lower in the expected goals table) will just about hold onto second.
https://experimental361.com/2022/02/11/expected-goals-table-championship-9-feb-2022/

Fulham Tup North

I fancy Huddersfield to sneak in... they are grinding out some results atm....
11 games unbeaten in the Championship...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Riversider

I will be amazed if QPR finish Top 6, think they will crack, very lucky on Wednesday against Boro,
Fulham and Bournemouth to finish first and second, though I'm not sure which order it will be (and personally don't care as long as we go up)
Sheffield United,  Boro and Forest battling it out in the play offs will become must watch TV.

filham

A lot of water to pass by the Cottage yet, all kinds of things can happen to upset a few apple carts, lucky goals, offside goals, injuries, poor refs. loss of form etc.
The picture could look quite different in ten games time.

StuinSalop

Quote from: Riversider on February 11, 2022, 12:33:21 PM
I will be amazed if QPR finish Top 6, think they will crack, very lucky on Wednesday against Boro,
Fulham and Bournemouth to finish first and second, though I'm not sure which order it will be (and personally don't care as long as we go up)
Sheffield United,  Boro and Forest battling it out in the play offs will become must watch TV.

Agree, Boro were by far the better team from what I saw on the red button.  QPR have been winning with late goals and good luck to them however I can't see that continuing until the end of the season.  Blackburn are a bit like QPR were on Wednesday, good defensively but lack the quality to maintain their current level.  Forest, Boro, Sheff United most likely in the playoffs which if things continue as they are will be very interesting.  I also think Bournemouth will have enough for top 2 despite having a sub standard coach

Lyle from Hangeland

1. Fulham
2. QPR
3. Bournemouth
4. Blackburn
5. Nottingham Forest
6. Middlesbrough

Fulham Tup North

Re: Top 6 predictions

« Reply #13 on: Today at 04:17:08 PM »

1. Fulham
2. QPR
3. Bournemouth
4. Blackburn
5. Middlesbrough
6. Huddersfield

With The Terriers winning the play-offs...

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Riversider

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on February 11, 2022, 04:32:19 PM

Re: Top 6 predictions

« Reply #13 on: Today at 04:17:08 PM »

1. Fulham
2. QPR
3. Bournemouth
4. Blackburn
5. Middlesbrough
6. Huddersfield

With The Terriers winning the play-offs...

So no Forest or Sheffield United  ?

sunburywhite

Personally I very much hope Bournemouth come up in second place

At the start of the season I backed Fulham to make the playoffs  @ 11/5
Fulham first Bournemouth second @ 55/1
Bournemouth 1st Fulham second @ 60/1
Fulham champions @ 9/2

Am keepring everything crossed
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

mrmicawbers

I sincerely hope QPR don't do automatic.Famous last words.Don't don't think they have the squad to do it.

Riversider

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 11, 2022, 07:21:43 PM
I sincerely hope QPR don't do automatic.Famous last words.Don't don't think they have the squad to do it.

Absolutely no chance of that happening

davew

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 11, 2022, 07:16:02 PM
Personally I very much hope Bournemouth come up in second place

At the start of the season I backed Fulham to make the playoffs  @ 11/5
Fulham first Bournemouth second @ 55/1
Bournemouth 1st Fulham second @ 60/1
Fulham champions @ 9/2

Am keepring everything crossed
Soon be able to cash out on your last bet!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)