watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

UEFA Team Of The Year - Vote Hangeland

Started by White Noise, December 30, 2010, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Just reading that we can vote for Brede in the UEFA Team Of The Year. I am at the swimming pool so can't post the link to vote but maybe someone else would be so kind?

Go to www.uefa.com and click on community and team of the year and hey presto.

Talking of Hangeland, does anyone remember a time before H & H? It used to be that every season we were crying out for even one decent CB and then we got 2 excellent ones! How wonderful have they been? They have almost expunged all memories of Zesh Rehman et al and Zat Knight has gone on to be a decent Prem player! You just never know what's around the corner in this game. So, thank you Aaron and Brede for getting me off the beta blockers and giving us some real moments of smile at the memory class.

Oakeshott

"does anyone remember a time before H & H?"

Only too well! (And I wouldn't have Zat Knight back as a gift.) We weren't badly off if one went back a little further, though, with Chris Coleman, Trollope and Kit Symond.

What was the name of that guy we bought off Portsmouth and eventually offloaded to Norwich, I think. He must have been the worst Fulham CB since the days of Bill Dodgin.

I think there should be a special award to Aaron Hughes. He is unlikely to be the Club's player of the year (though so far I can't see a better option this season), but over the last few seasons he has without doubt been our most consistently good player. I just hope that Hughes has no plans to replace him with Samba, though I've no doubt that Brede and Samba would be a terrifying pair of centre backs for most opposition teams.

finnster01

Swimming pool? That's a bit naughty as I am wrapping up 5 layers to get out the door.

Anyway here's the link for those who haven't voted for the big man already:
http://en.uefa.com/community/teamoftheyear/index.html
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Agree with the Samba comment. It is precisely Aaron's lack of 'monster' presence that helps make him so effective.

I haven't seen a lot of Zat since he has been at Bolton but he is well liked and effective and has made a career for himself. He is, for certain sure, making the very most of his talent now and playing prominently in a top half team. Hats off Zat!

White Noise

Thanks for the link Finnster and sorry that I forgot about the bad weather out there. How deep and crisp and even is it in your fine City and how are Mr Bloomberg's elves dealing with it?

finnster01

Quote from: White Noise on December 30, 2010, 05:05:54 PM
Thanks for the link Finnster and sorry that I forgot about the bad weather out there. How deep and crisp and even is it in your fine City and how are Mr Bloomberg's elves dealing with it?
Bloomberg is getting a good old hammering at the moment that would even make Roy  :dft001:

Banstead White

Well that gave me something to do for around 4 minutes :57:
cheers
Roysie

WhiteJC

finnster01

Quote from: WhiteJC on December 31, 2010, 04:05:02 PM
:bump:
Now did you all do your duty as proper Fulham fans and try get the big lad into the UEFA 2010 all stars?