https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thought Ivan Cav

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 19, 2022, 05:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

did well....tried his hardest, looked eager - unlucky not to get something

Arthur

He did. For all his struggles last season, I'm pleased to see any player in a white shirt do well.

Though it's not his fault, however, that he came on at the point in the game when the Huddersfield players' relentless tracking and tight-marking was beginning to tire, this did seem to make it easier for him to have an impact. Whether he would look as good were he to start against fresh opponents, I'm not so sure.

St Eve

Pleases he is back and hopefully we will get a decent fee at the end of the season

Jules

I thought he did well when he came on and looked bright. Would like to see him again on Weds off the bench against tiring defenders. He's a good championship level wide man. Note I don't think he is prem quality. Hopefully he can help us get promoted as his return to fitness gives us another option.

perry geyton

Yeah he looked lively but we all know what he's about

Def not one for the future

Somerset Fulham

I was thinking about starting a thread about this. It was only a cameo of course but he was played in his correct position and looked lively and more importantly looked very direct.

There is still a player in there somewhere, I hope that the coaching team can find it again.

Nero

Quote from: St Eve on February 19, 2022, 06:18:53 PM
Pleases he is back and hopefully we will get a decent fee at the end of the season

Sell him to Bournemouth when Solanki leaves

Dunstable Fulham

Thought he did well today. Well done Ivan. We love you as we love all of our players and management.
Today was frustrating. - we should have won the game but we didn't. We stick together and go again. Forever Fulham !

RaySmith

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on February 19, 2022, 10:09:39 PM
Thought he did well today. Well done Ivan. We love you as we love all of our players and management.
Today was frustrating. - we should have won the game but we didn't. We stick together and go again. Forever Fulham !

0001.jpeg

Twig

Quote from: RaySmith on February 19, 2022, 10:19:45 PM
Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on February 19, 2022, 10:09:39 PM

0001.jpeg

:plus one:

filham

Just possible that Silva and Boa can coach him to be a better player but really he has had plenty of opportunity and apart from a few early games with us has never impressed.
A long way to go to look better than Kebano.

Ara's bacon crisps

I was a fan of Ivan when he first arrived. Although he was a bit of a one trick pony - always cutting inside and looking for the worldie into the top far corner - he worked hard, took on full backs and looked dangerous.

Then someone coached all of that out of him and he turned into a useless winger who never took anyone on and always passed backwards before becoming an even less effective centre forward.

So I wasn't really looking forward to his reappearance, but fair play when he came on yesterday - he looked sharp and wanting to take players on again. Early days obviously, but all credit to MS and LBM - shows how much of an effect good coaching can have (and how much negative effect bad coaching had).

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on February 20, 2022, 12:30:38 PM
Just possible that Silva and Boa can coach him to be a better player but really he has had plenty of opportunity and apart from a few early games with us has never impressed.
A long way to go to look better than Kebano.

But you can't really use this argument because Kebano has been with us a lot longer and until this season had never impressed apart from in a handful of games. By this point I think everyone should realise that the coaching under the PE teacher was what made him look worse than he actually is. In the first few months he was with us, he was a match winner on several occasions and was slowly coached into losing his flair before getting the thankless task of being asked to play out of position in a defensive team in the hardest league in the world.

Bronaldinho

If he's going to get back to his best, then it's under this coaching team of Silva and Boa during the Championship.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

PaulJ123

I'm very confused as I didn't think Cav did much, if anything, when he came on?

He's a decent option on the bench but nothing more than that.

Sting of the North

Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 21, 2022, 10:18:03 AM

As has already been mentioned, the same could have been said for Kebano before he got a decent run in Silva's team. Cavaleiro was being used quite a bit early on by Silva before the injury (and probably produced more points in those few appearances than Kebano did in his first 15 or so games this season). I wouldn't be so sure in my opinion before (if?) Cavaleiro gets a decent chance. If I were to guess, Cavaleiro will start instead of Kebano towards the end of the season, but I wouldn't put money on it.

FFC1987

I was excited when he joined and he had that short spell of starting to look the real deal so anything better than some of his really poor performances is a massive boost. I'll preface this by saying I have very little expectation of him doing anything meaningful so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

MartyFFC

There's no doubt his end-product has been lacking, however there's a decent player in there somewhere for sure

f321ffc

I unlike many think somewhere in him is a very good player and Boa can bring it out.
Well I hope so anyway.
COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

perry geyton

Quote from: PaulJ123 on February 21, 2022, 10:18:03 AM

sometimes its easy to make a decent impression when you come on for the last 15 mins against a knackered team that's defending for their lives.

Cav simply isn't good enough, he has moments yes but few and far between, he's an average championship level player that has the occasional outstanding game....
Parker crippled us by starting him every week..........