watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Huddersfield fans

Started by Andy S, February 20, 2022, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

They were walking down Stevenage Road singing about going up. I do fear for them with that team as they won't get lucky every week and they will get slaughtered every game. They would be my favourites for an immediate return. I've said it before the conditions did not favour us yesterday but when the pitches improve again, so will we. That is only a few games away

SP

I'm not sure what the authorities can do about the gap between the two divisions, it's got ridiculous now. 

rebel

Quote from: Andy S on February 20, 2022, 10:33:25 AM
They were walking down Stevenage Road singing about going up. I do fear for them with that team as they won't get lucky every week and they will get slaughtered every game. They would be my favourites for an immediate return. I've said it before the conditions did not favour us yesterday but when the pitches improve again, so will we. That is only a few games away

Exactly that.

Bill2

Let them have there moment of glory, in their heart of hearts they know they got lucky and on another day it would have been the same score as at their place. Again they know if they go up with that team they will come straight back down again. But much as it hurts to say it they won.

H4usuallysitting

perry geyton

Can't really knock 'em for beating the team on top of the league away from home

After that horrible journey in those conditions

Good for them now go back to Huddersfield

SP

Apparently, according to their forum, one of football's finest football brains/pundits, Jamie Mackie, thought it was a pen & neither of ours were.  Well, if that's what Mackie thinks, then that's enough for me. (Do these fans know nothing of local football rivalries?)

Bill2

Quote from: SP on February 20, 2022, 05:56:13 PM
Apparently, according to their forum, one of football's finest football brains/pundits, Jamie Mackie, thought it was a pen & neither of ours were.  Well, if that's what Mackie thinks, then that's enough for me. (Do these fans know nothing of local football rivalries?)
We are all entitled to our view which will be occasionally biased by the team we support and James Mackie, whoever he is, is entitled to his. Me, I thought it was lucky for them and never a penalty, not sure about the handball but arm was high and seen them given especially against us.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Andy S on February 20, 2022, 10:33:25 AM
Well at least they had a nice day out in London.  Their work rate was excellent, as was their team spirit, but that can only get you so far...As someone else posted on this thread the gulf between the top two divisions is now huge.  They don't have the talent, or the funds, to stay up should they get promoted, and tbh I can't see that happening anyway..

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Early in the season people were saying that it was a three horse race .. Us, Bournemouth and WBA. Wrong!
Then others including myself said ..watch Blackburn. Their storm has blown out and there were some people who then said .. watch QPR. That is going to be wrong.
If i was a betting man I would now put money on Sheff Utd but there again I could be wrong . I hope we are up before we play them near the end of of the season!

Stevieboy

Quote from: Bill2 on February 20, 2022, 06:03:48 PM
We are all entitled to our view which will be occasionally biased by the team we support and James Mackie, whoever he is, is entitled to his. Me, I thought it was lucky for them and never a penalty, not sure about the handball but arm was high and seen them given especially against us.

Jamie Mackie......Ha Has 094.gif !!

Dr Know

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 20, 2022, 06:54:18 PM
Early in the season people were saying that it was a three horse race .. Us, Bournemouth and WBA. Wrong!
Then others including myself said ..watch Blackburn. Their storm has blown out and there were some people who then said .. watch QPR. That is going to be wrong.
If i was a betting man I would now put money on Sheff Utd but there again I could be wrong . I hope we are up before we play them near the end of of the season!
Sheff Utd are our last game !

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 20, 2022, 06:54:18 PM

You have to love the Championship,  enjoy the ride.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ffcne

Quote from: Stevieboy on February 20, 2022, 07:22:34 PM

Jamie Mackie , played for QPR for a long time.So no surprise there

filham

Huddersfield have a long unbeaten run to their credit, I wouldn't write them off for promotion.
The Championship is so unpredictable with so many teams in the hunt for a top six finish.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: SP on February 20, 2022, 10:40:49 AM
I'm not sure what the authorities can do about the gap between the two divisions, it's got ridiculous now.

Wage cap. £50,000 a week max. Across the leagues. Players won't go where they think they'll earn more money, but where they'll play more. The likes of Roberts and Sess won't leave, because the smaller clubs would offer them playing time and not bucket loads of money.
Would make it fairer all round.

Andy S

You also could seed teams at the stat of each season

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on February 20, 2022, 08:03:41 PM
Quote from: SP on February 20, 2022, 10:40:49 AM

Wage cap. £50,000 a week max. Across the leagues. Players won't go where they think they'll earn more money, but where they'll play more. The likes of Roberts and Sess won't leave, because the smaller clubs would offer them playing time and not bucket loads of money.
Would make it fairer all round.
Not necessarily - players would still leave for teams where they (the player) believe they would be more likely to get trophies/winners medals.

Motspur

I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere on another re Huddersfield fans; I sit in JH stand and saw that on each occasion Huddersfield scored a blue smoke bomb was thrown into the Fulham supporters in the Putney End who were located next to them divided by a line of stewards. I hope they got the scumbags that do such actions; surely with CCTV or the stewards would be able to identify the culprits? As well stricter searches should be introduced for visiting supporters before entry to the stadium?
Did anyone else see or experience this incident?

Bill2

Quote from: ffcne on February 20, 2022, 07:35:10 PM
Quote from: Stevieboy on February 20, 2022, 07:22:34 PM

Jamie Mackie , played for QPR for a long time.So no surprise there

So the pundit was someone who never played at the highest level.