watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will the Johnny Haynes stand

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 20, 2022, 05:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Segregation at the Putney End is the way forward, particularly with the existing turnstiles in Stevenage Road and new turnstiles on the riverside of that stand. That shouldn't be difficult or expensive. I don't think this needs to be over thought.

H4usuallysitting

Why not have them in the JH next to the Hammersmith... I'd be able to wave to them.... I remember standing in the Putney end then the Hammersmith end.... sometimes during the same game..... The Putney end could be split into 2 with the new turnstiles

MartyFFC

It would make for a better atmosphere if they were next to the hammy end for sure

mullers

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 21, 2022, 07:55:06 AM
I can appreciate that it is not a straight forward task where to put the away fans, however it does not make sense to have away fans next to the cottage as well as next to where the players emerge, let us remember it is suppose to be Fulhams home ground.
We are are far too away fan friendly.
A home ground is suppose to be a fortress and not make away fans comfortable who can then turn the atmosphere into their home ground.
It does not make any sense to plant away fans next to the cottage.
The issue of having a neutral section in the first place especially next to where the players come out cannot have been an idea from a Fulham Supporter and was always odd and counter productive. We are a football club predominantly for Fulham fans not a tourist attraction, let them hang around the London Eye.
I appreciate there are issues with regards to away mixing with home on the concourse so some how separate them so they do not mix and ensure that the home and away fans are kept separate from start to finish and preventing away fans from lobbing objects at home supporters.
There has to be an alternative seeing as each set of away fans of each club only visit once a year so their welfare is not a priority and life should not be made comfortable whilst they are here only once a year.
They look upon us as a soft touch.
The welfare of Fulham supporters and a Fulham atmosphere is the priority so either leave the away where they are but cordon them off like cattle to let them know who the governors are and make the ground away fan unfriendly.
The only other alternative is to shove them in the far corner of the JH stand where they can have the pleasure
of staring the Hammersmith end in the face and completely outnumbered.
But that would not be my choice, the Fulham supporters welfare is priority as we are there every home game, so the away section should be made to feel away and isolated and surrounded and overwhelmed by the home support.
I agree with everything you say. The real problem is, even with new turnstiles 90% of all supporters end up on Stevenage Road and cross paths going to Hammersmith or Putney. The only real answer is to hold away fans in the ground for 15 minutes or there will always be issues.

Motspur Park

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 21, 2022, 07:55:06 AM
I can appreciate that it is not a straight forward task where to put the away fans, however it does not make sense to have away fans next to the cottage as well as next to where the players emerge, let us remember it is suppose to be Fulhams home ground.
We are are far too away fan friendly.
A home ground is suppose to be a fortress and not make away fans comfortable who can then turn the atmosphere into their home ground.
It does not make any sense to plant away fans next to the cottage.
The issue of having a neutral section in the first place especially next to where the players come out cannot have been an idea from a Fulham Supporter and was always odd and counter productive. We are a football club predominantly for Fulham fans not a tourist attraction, let them hang around the London Eye.
I appreciate there are issues with regards to away mixing with home on the concourse so some how separate them so they do not mix and ensure that the home and away fans are kept separate from start to finish and preventing away fans from lobbing objects at home supporters.
There has to be an alternative seeing as each set of away fans of each club only visit once a year so their welfare is not a priority and life should not be made comfortable whilst they are here only once a year.
They look upon us as a soft touch.
The welfare of Fulham supporters and a Fulham atmosphere is the priority so either leave the away where they are but cordon them off like cattle to let them know who the governors are and make the ground away fan unfriendly.
The only other alternative is to shove them in the far corner of the JH stand where they can have the pleasure
of staring the Hammersmith end in the face and completely outnumbered.
But that would not be my choice, the Fulham supporters welfare is priority as we are there every home game, so the away section should be made to feel away and isolated and surrounded and overwhelmed by the home support.

This is why I think they should only have the half of the Putney end they currently have.....only segregated from the home fans.

The Rational Fan

In the Premier League, where the AWAY END is? Isn't as important as making sure the home sections are filled with Fulham fans, rather than Liverpool fans.