https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will the Johnny Haynes stand

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 20, 2022, 05:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Be the future away end?..... Or is nothing changing when the Riverside opens

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Nothing is changing. Not sure why you'd put the away fans in the JH anyway, to be honest

blingo

Never give the away fans the whole length of the pitch. Give them the Riverside corner of the putney end and not too much of it.

Ara's bacon crisps

I remember a few years back when Preston gave us the whole side surrounding the tunnel. What were they thinking?

Gave me a golden opportunity to give my favourite Preston target back then - Sean Gregan - a few choice words about the extra timber he was carrying as he trudged off at half time. He even smiled, and so did some of his teammates, but you really shouldn't ever give away fans an opportunity like that and we should continue to keep away fans as far away from the Cottage itself as we can.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on February 20, 2022, 05:08:15 PM
Nothing is changing. Not sure why you'd put the away fans in the JH anyway, to be honest

Weren't they there in the Europa League

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 20, 2022, 05:47:38 PM

That was due to the UEFA regulations requiring segregation - so away fans couldn't be in the Putney End.

MartyFFC

I'd stick them in half the JH; at least then we could end the ridiculous situation of home and away fans standing elbow to elbow in the toilets in the Putney end

Jurassic Parker

Don't like the idea of away fans in such a historical part of the stadium.

Middlesexclub

We did that first season back in the Prem.
The away fans had the blocks near the Hammersmith end.
Not UEFA rules. We hadn't qualified for Europe then .

Motspur Park

Surely now the riverside walk is open, they can remain where they are with entrance and exit adjacent to the river. The half of the Putney end closest to the cottage can be segregated so that away fans don't mix with home. Away fans filter out in Bishops Park towards Putney or make their way to Stevenage Road (in few numbers).

Should make for much reduced tension in and out of the ground.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Jurassic Parker on February 20, 2022, 09:42:33 PM

It's not Croke Park mate.

EN1 FFC

I don't want away fans in the Johnny Haynes Stand, if they take flares or smoke cannisters into the JHS could be problem of safety.
Keep the away fans in the same 2 blocks on the Putney, cordon off their seats with a perspex screen up to the roof to stop them throwing stuff. Too many innocent fans are getting hit by objects in the Putney End.

The only thing else could be give them the lower section of the New Riverside from Putney End to halfway line and hear them moan when they have to pay £50.

Jamie88

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 20, 2022, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: Jurassic Parker on February 20, 2022, 09:42:33 PM

It's not Croke Park mate.

The JH stand has been there for 117 years.

HillingdonFFC

I think the plan going forward is to have Fulham fans in the section near the river where away fans are now. There are new turnstiles for the Riverside side. It makes sense particularly as the club said in the recent meeting with the FST that they no longer want a "neutral" section.
There has been a growing number of issues in there, I know a lot of fans no longer want to sit in the Putney end & have away fans mingling freely on the concourse below
By moving away fans next to the Cottage you could partition off the concourse & have dedicated turnstiles for home & away fans instead of the shared arrangements now

Woolly Mammoth

I can appreciate that it is not a straight forward task where to put the away fans, however it does not make sense to have away fans next to the cottage as well as next to where the players emerge, let us remember it is suppose to be Fulhams home ground.
We are are far too away fan friendly.
A home ground is suppose to be a fortress and not make away fans comfortable who can then turn the atmosphere into their home ground.
It does not make any sense to plant away fans next to the cottage.
The issue of having a neutral section in the first place especially next to where the players come out cannot have been an idea from a Fulham Supporter and was always odd and counter productive. We are a football club predominantly for Fulham fans not a tourist attraction, let them hang around the London Eye.
I appreciate there are issues with regards to away mixing with home on the concourse so some how separate them so they do not mix and ensure that the home and away fans are kept separate from start to finish and preventing away fans from lobbing objects at home supporters.
There has to be an alternative seeing as each set of away fans of each club only visit once a year so their welfare is not a priority and life should not be made comfortable whilst they are here only once a year.
They look upon us as a soft touch.
The welfare of Fulham supporters and a Fulham atmosphere is the priority so either leave the away where they are but cordon them off like cattle to let them know who the governors are and make the ground away fan unfriendly.
The only other alternative is to shove them in the far corner of the JH stand where they can have the pleasure
of staring the Hammersmith end in the face and completely outnumbered.
But that would not be my choice, the Fulham supporters welfare is priority as we are there every home game, so the away section should be made to feel away and isolated and surrounded and overwhelmed by the home support.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Put them in Bishops Park with a couple of 14 inch TV`S
Where there's a will there's a wife

blingo

Quote from: grandad on February 21, 2022, 08:32:22 AM
Put them in Bishops Park with a couple of 14 inch TV`S

First sensible suggestion i've seen Grandad lol.

Colton F.C.

This Cardiff supporter did not last long in the JH.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 21, 2022, 07:55:06 AM
I can appreciate that it is not a straight forward task where to put the away fans, however it does not make sense to have away fans next to the cottage as well as next to where the players emerge, let us remember it is suppose to be Fulhams home ground.
We are are far too away fan friendly.
A home ground is suppose to be a fortress and not make away fans comfortable who can then turn the atmosphere into their home ground.
It does not make any sense to plant away fans next to the cottage.
The issue of having a neutral section in the first place especially next to where the players come out cannot have been an idea from a Fulham Supporter and was always odd and counter productive. We are a football club predominantly for Fulham fans not a tourist attraction, let them hang around the London Eye.
I appreciate there are issues with regards to away mixing with home on the concourse so some how separate them so they do not mix and ensure that the home and away fans are kept separate from start to finish and preventing away fans from lobbing objects at home supporters.
There has to be an alternative seeing as each set of away fans of each club only visit once a year so their welfare is not a priority and life should not be made comfortable whilst they are here only once a year.
They look upon us as a soft touch.
The welfare of Fulham supporters and a Fulham atmosphere is the priority so either leave the away where they are but cordon them off like cattle to let them know who the governors are and make the ground away fan unfriendly.
The only other alternative is to shove them in the far corner of the JH stand where they can have the pleasure
of staring the Hammersmith end in the face and completely outnumbered.
But that would not be my choice, the Fulham supporters welfare is priority as we are there every home game, so the away section should be made to feel away and isolated and surrounded and overwhelmed by the home support.

Would have absolutely no issues whatsoever with away fans next to the Cottage. First went in the 70s where away fans had the whole Putney end which carried on until the late 90s. Clubs get the whole end anyway for Cup games
They won't put them in the old section of the JH used during the first premier season because of police advice. That was only used when the capacity of the ground was 21k .
The neutral end was devised as a way not to have 4000 seats unable to be sold due to regulations with shared entrances
I think Fulham fans in the Riverside blocks of the Putney end is only a matter of time, particularly if the club are serious about not going back down the neutral section route

WhiteJC

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on February 20, 2022, 06:07:58 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 20, 2022, 05:47:38 PM

That was due to the UEFA regulations requiring segregation - so away fans couldn't be in the Putney End.

they didn't have all of the JH stand just the end nearest the Cottage so they weren't "fully" segregated