https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Mark Hughes

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 25, 2022, 12:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Is manager at Bradford......

Marcel_Gecov

Fair play for taking the role... I guess at this point he has little to lose. He either is successful and has an outside chance of a bigger role at a lower championship/ league one club and if it's a failure he is where he was a few days ago.

I imagine his entourage will be a lot smaller though.

You know what, good luck to him I hope he does well.

Andy S

Agreed. He made mistakes when he thought he was bigger than he was but good luck

St Eve

He left us for QPR because we weren't ambitious. He thought he was better then he was and maybe he has found his level

Edinburgh White

Wasn't he aiming to manage Barcelona at one point?

rebel

One of the best players at using his body to 'shield the ball' bringing others into play.

Herbie

I must admit, this story did make me smile given the way he left us.  However, fair play to him for rolling his sleeves up and not being afraid to take on League 2.

H4usuallysitting

But, I kid you not...you can get a great curry in Bradford

filham

Well , the hard fact of life in football management is that you have to get results and I guess he just hasn't achieved.

Must hurt to start near the top and fall right down to Bradford though.

bobby01

It was only the other day I was thinking that Colin gone, all the old guard like Pulis, fat Sam, not getting offers looking like a new breed of managers were coming, then Bruce and Hughes have kicked that into touch.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Mr K.Dilkington

Will be interesting to see how he gets on with the talent level in league 2. Can't be too demanding and the state of some of those pitches will surely shock him
Foolish ham

jarv

why will the state of the pitches shock him? he used to play on them.

3 Cherries

I respected his decision to leave us - he was not taking the BS - we were not ambitious enough - good luck at Bradford - yes delicious curries and Hockney artwork

Somerset Fulham

Didn't he also apologise for jumping ship too soon?

I'm no huge fan but I wish him no ill and fair play to him for having the bollocks to take the job on.

rebel

There would have been quite a few ex Fulham managers managing at the same time -

Slav - sacked
Parker - Bournemouth
Hughes - Bradford
Hodgson - Watford