https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just need 23 points from 13 games for guaranteed promotion now

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 26, 2022, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Getting closer...

Sgt Fulham

13 games, so just under 2 PPG for guaranteed promotion. I reckon 85 will get us across the line, so pretty much 1 PPG.

SP

The table is starting to look great with the gap opening up to third.

filham

We have a nice big cushion over the team in third position and we should all be full of confidence but the last three games have been a defeat followed by two odd goal victories with nail biting finishes.

We need to see a top performance with a few goals against Blackburn next week.

Fulham Tup North

...it's the 18 goals I'm hoping for first and foremost.....
A nice little 3 or 4 in the next couple of games will  calm me a little...
COYW ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Somerset Fulham

If we can navigate this up and coming run of away games without taking too much damage, then we're pretty much there.  Tough few games ahead though.

SouthernWhite

I don't want to jinx it, but I am struggling to see how Fulham is not automatically promoted this year. We have a decent chance to win the league, too, although that one is a bit tougher.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 26, 2022, 05:12:22 PM
13 games, so just under 2 PPG for guaranteed promotion. I reckon 85 will get us across the line, so pretty much 1 PPG.

There's very little chance we'll need 85 points to finish top-2, but we're not going to know that until we're well past (hopefully).

We did what we needed to do against the soft part of our schedule (25 points from 30 in 2022 so far), which was necessary as we still have 8 of 13 away and very few easy matches left.

Chi_FFC

I think I've mentioned this before but we've actually been better on the road so far this season than at home (2.2ppg v 2.06).

davew

Sorry to correct. but there are only 13 games left not 15!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

filham

Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 26, 2022, 06:03:14 PM
I think I've mentioned this before but we've actually been better on the road so far this season than at home (2.2ppg v 2.06).
That is right and I think it is because teams are less inclined to park the bus in front of their home fans, We like the space left at the back when teams are prepared to come at us.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Im happy that the bulk of those 13 games are away as we seem to have performed better away this season. :beer:

SuffolkWhite

Home teams normally attack more so surely playing away allows more space for us?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SP

Securing promotion at QPR would work for me then Bournmouth can give us a guard of honour.

Cookie6262

Barnsley, Derby, Posh and Reading can't catch us also Hull and Birmingham can only match us so thanks to our amazing goal difference 6 teams cannot officially over take us... hopefully I. The next few matches this will at least double.

Jules

Quote from: SP on February 26, 2022, 08:37:46 PM
Securing promotion at QPR would work for me then Bournmouth can give us a guard of honour.
Would be great, but I think we need to secure the TITLE to get a guard of honour.