https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bielsa has gone

Started by F(f)CUK, February 27, 2022, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

Somerset Fulham

I'm seeing that too.

It leaves a very physically broken squad that has no idea how else to play, regardless of who comes in.  Leeds are in big trouble.

St Eve

Mince n Tatties

Pity.....They'll get new manager bounce now,I so wanted them to be relegated. 🤢

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I still don't get why he needed a translater after so many years. Don't think that would have helped, if he couldn't get his ideas across.

rebel

You need a bit more then high tempo, quick breaks in the Premiership, I think teams worked out how to play against them.

Craven Mad

They hit the post 3 times yesterday and have been ravaged by injuries.

It's not been working for them, but there were enough positive signs.

Tabby

Quote from: Craven Mad on February 27, 2022, 08:04:32 AM

One of the reasons that they are so ravaged with injuries is that Bielsa is very particular about signings. He was set on Brenden Aaronson during the winter window to replace Kalvin Phillips who is out, but Salzburg weren't interested in selling. The board presented him with Donny van der Beek and Harry Winks as alternatives, but he didn't want them.

His lack of flexibility is what is going to be his downfall. Also that they are pants at defending.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 27, 2022, 06:13:34 AM
Pity.....They'll get new manager bounce now,I so wanted them to be relegated. 🤢
Me too lol. Although it won't bring back injured players
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

They did get beat by 6 and 4 in the two previous games and have a worse GD than Norwich by -5 tho
Foolish ham

MartyFFC

They really are an absolute shambles and have conceded TWENTY goals in their last 5 games, he's a one-trick pony and has been found out. He literally only has one way of playing however given the absence of Cooper, Phillips and Bamford he clearly needs to adapt but is incapable of doing so. They were nailed on for the drop the way things were going

Nero

Just a poop Kevin Keegan, wasnt he up for Fifa coach of the year a few years ago  :005: Just another Magath run around a lot and win the ball back

FFC1987

If you don't mind me asking, but did you watch the game or the highlights? As I couldn't believe the MoTD highlights I watched. Was a complete failure to depict just how dominant Spurs were. They showed almost every Leeds attack and only Spurs goals, as Spurs could of scored about 8 yesterday. Leeds had a few chances for sure, the Koch hitting the post particularly but otherwise, I thought Leeds were very, very poor and reliant on a couple of their stars to produce individual moments. That said, he doesn't deserve the sack to be honest.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: MartyFFC on February 27, 2022, 09:32:54 AM
They really are an absolute shambles and have conceded TWENTY goals in their last 5 games, he's a one-trick pony and has been found out. He literally only has one way of playing however given the absence of Cooper, Phillips and Bamford he clearly needs to adapt but is incapable of doing so. They were nailed on for the drop the way things were going
Football Idealists do tend to be like that. It takes a big ego to keep seeing your team get pumped and to do the same expecting differing results
Foolish ham

Wingnut

Quote from: Nero on February 27, 2022, 10:02:46 AM
Just a poop Kevin Keegan, wasnt he up for Fifa coach of the year a few years ago  :005: Just another Magath run around a lot and win the ball back

Last year, along with the likes Pep and Klopp. Not sure what a new manager is going to do. They've a small squad, and the games are running out.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Somerset Fulham

I have never really understood his godlike status among other managers.  Sure he's a reasonable manager but he has also never lasted more than two years in a club role because he tends to utterly break the tiny squads that he assembles.

I don't really get it.

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 27, 2022, 10:16:20 AM

If you don't mind me asking, but did you watch the game or the highlights? As I couldn't believe the MoTD highlights I watched. Was a complete failure to depict just how dominant Spurs were. They showed almost every Leeds attack and only Spurs goals, as Spurs could of scored about 8 yesterday. Leeds had a few chances for sure, the Koch hitting the post particularly but otherwise, I thought Leeds were very, very poor and reliant on a couple of their stars to produce individual moments. That said, he doesn't deserve the sack to be honest.

I'd agree 100% with the match analysis, Spuds were all over them though the possession was shared, Leeds were taking pot shots, as their Total Shot to On Target stat shows (19/3), compared to Spuds who were far superior in thier quality (15/11).

As for his leaving, it was on the cards before this last match, and like so many others before him, he had to show that he could have a different plan but just played the same footie, which really doesn't include anything of use at the back. Gven this isn't their first season in the Prem, and how all the pundits keep saying they are a proper Prem club, one has to question their transfer policy and why they suffer so badly due to a few injuries, and lack of depth in the sqaud it would appear.

Like some others on this board, if Leeds were to be relegated I wouldn't shed a tear, I might not cheer either but I have no liking for the club whatsoever.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 27, 2022, 12:10:13 PM
I have never really understood his godlike status among other managers.  Sure he's a reasonable manager but he has also never lasted more than two years in a club role because he tends to utterly break the tiny squads that he assembles.

I don't really get it.
It's his style of play they like. It's his football ideology they like. He's the supposed "thinking/football cultured" fan/managers ideal because of the basketball-style spectacle his tactics can put and do enable
Foolish ham

Caedal

I still think that without the season getting postponed they wouldn't have been promoted. They were badly falling away that season. The tactics puts too much physical and mental strain on the players.

Nero

So if Marco gets us promoted and we stay in the premier league for 1 season should we build a permanent tribute to him at Craven Cottage like Leeds are planning for Bielsa?