watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jesse Marsch...New Leeds Head Coach

Started by Fulham 442, February 28, 2022, 07:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

Just seen a bit of his first interview. I can't help but be reminded of the Ted Lasso character. It will be interesting to see how he does!

Mr K.Dilkington

No PL experience and no relegation fighting experience is a big gamble! Only time will tell. But it's weird that a lot of Leeds fans seemed more loyal to Bielsa than Leeds staying up. Clapping when you've been clapped by spuds is sus😄
Foolish ham

love4ffc

The difference here is that Ted Lasso knows nothing about real football.  Jesse March on the other had played professionally and has been both an assistant coach for the US national team as well as European teams.  He has a UEFA pro licence and has some Europa and Champions League coaching experience. 

I agree that he is big gamble and while I really don't care how Leeds do, I wish him success as a fellow American.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: love4ffc on February 28, 2022, 08:01:12 PM
The difference here is that Ted Lasso knows nothing about real football.  Jesse March on the other had played professionally and has been both an assistant coach for the US national team as well as European teams.  He has a UEFA pro licence and has some Europa and Champions League coaching experience. 

I agree that he is big gamble and while I really don't care how Leeds do, I wish him success as a fellow American.   

I agree when the backs are against the wall in footballing terms,it's Americans you wanna turn too!😉😄👍
Foolish ham

perry geyton

That'll be interesting to see if he can get that depleted team going
Gonna take a genius to keep em up at this point

Saying that Brentford look equally as crap, I've not heard em singing their silly Beatles song so much lately

Nero

Quote from: perry geyton on February 28, 2022, 08:15:36 PM

Saying that Brentford look equally as crap, I've not heard em singing their silly Beatles song so much lately

Could be hard going they look shell-shocked at the moment, reminds me of some Fulham teams down the years. The new manager has done well in the past with top players for the league there in think hes going to find in tough at Leeds and expct the fans to turn as he not the messiah

MisfitKid

I am sure he'd appreciate it if you spelled it Marsch...   :dft012:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Tabby

He managed to make RB Leipzig play like a lower mid table side after challenging for the title for several years running. Baffling appointment.

Denver Fulham

Has the experience listed and did very well at Red Bull Salzburg before getting like half a season or whatever in Leipzig. Hopefully, he gets more than the 11 matches or whatever Bob Bradley got at Swansea. Tough spot to walk into, but he's -- at least in the circles I follow -- well-regarded. Has been mooted as a future USMNT manager.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on February 28, 2022, 08:15:36 PM

They're gonna be singing 'hard days night' soon enough piri

St Eve

I would say Leeds have very little hope now

Fulham 442

Quote from: MisfitKid on February 28, 2022, 09:10:11 PM
I am sure he'd appreciate it if you spelled it Marsch...   :dft012:
Sorry thought I had!  Now corrected...

MartyFFC

Made an absolute fool of himself in the Bundesliga with RB Leipzig, turning them from title contenders to bottom half of the table strugglers before being sacked. One of the most ridiculous PL appointments since Bob Bradley

St. Andrews White

I think it's a really really tough ask to keep that team up with the injuries they have and on their current run of form.

That being said I like Marsch - didn't do well at Leipzig but did very very well at RB Salzburg and was very well regarded. Think it's a smart appointment in the long term

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.