watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Fulham had become Fulham Park Rangers

Started by blingo, March 05, 2022, 10:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Would you have now been supporting another team?

I would have just lost interest in football.

Cobh Fulham Fan

What if Loftus Road was sold and the Cottage remained with the clubs name still having Fulham in it?  Ya, it wouldnt be the same both would it have been more bearable?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2022, 10:28:49 AM

Worrying works because 90% of the things i worry about never happen.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

It was just before my time but my Dad said the same as you, he'd have just stopped going.

SG

Couldn't support any other team. Probably non league football for me. Thank god it didn't happen

Somerset Fulham

I was young so would have probably picked up another side.  The family are mostly Spurs so it would be them, or maybe Wimbledon.

Fernhurst

Same as you Blingo, would have been absolutely devastated and withdrawn my lifetime support.

HOWEVER it didn't happen and our band of brothers beat them to a pulp. Never been happier supporting my team as the last few years, it's fantastic.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

rebel

Up the Park Rangers, rumor has it you applied for the Leeds job, but you missed your stop and ended up in Dunfirmline.  :005:

Rupert

When it was first announced my thought was to go to the first FPR match, so I could see the death of my beloved club confirmed, then never watch another professional match again. I might have gone non-league. Probably more likely to have taken up a different sport, but luckily it did not come to that.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

My club wouldn't have existed so I may have watched some Southern Counties football instead. Or just not bothered with football. The authorities were and still are appalling at allowing the game to be run as it is. So I would have followed tennis even more and remembered that as always the mad and the selfish and the greedy are the rulers in all things.

Then I would have gone on a murder spree. But that is just a personal thing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on March 05, 2022, 10:41:54 AM
What if Loftus Road was sold and the Cottage remained with the clubs name still having Fulham in it?  Ya, it wouldnt be the same both would it have been more bearable?
That would never have happened, the whole point of the exercise was to free up the Cottage as a prime valuable riverside site for expensive flats.
It really looked as if it was going to happen but that knight in black and white Jimmy Hill and his team had other ideas.

Mr K.Dilkington

It's weird because I was just thinking this the other week and it's feasible to me at least,something like this happening again or trying to be done in the not so far flung future.
Imagine if three or four of the smaller London clubs were combined into 1 big club? Like if two or three more Americans bought say Charlton,Millwall, QPR and combined them and FFC into 1 club. Scary to think but not out of the realms of possibility.
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

The whole ESL idea is not going away and it wouldn't surprise me if some of these ultra-capitalists "made" teams to compete and profit
Foolish ham

jeremyfulham

Wouldn't have been able to support any other club with the same passion as I have always had for Fulham,had followed them through thick and mostly thin for 20 years boy and man when this kicked off, you can't just switch that history to anyone else

blingo

Quote from: rebel on March 05, 2022, 11:25:08 AM

Up the Park Rangers, rumor has it you applied for the Leeds job, but you missed your stop and ended up in Dunfirmline.  :005:

It's not a rumour, I was getting ready for the change, but when I got to Dunfermline they said something like 'go back down south as you don't fit in here. So I came back and I'm glad I did because its far too cold up there.

Cambridge Pete

I support Fulham end of. Might have saved me a lot of money and stress, but glad it never happened.

SP

Mince n Tatties

Yes....My other love Tooting n Mitcham. 049:gif

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: SP on March 05, 2022, 06:09:42 PM
Non-league for me.
I would also become a full-time non-league fan instead of just on the side
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

Non-league football really is great/a lot of fun
Foolish ham