watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Neco Williams

Started by Edinburgh White, March 08, 2022, 09:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edinburgh White

What a sensational addition to the squad Neco has been. Can't think of too many players who've made such an impact so quickly.

Marcel_Gecov

As much as I miss Odoi, I am so pleased with this signing... I hope we get him in the summer on a perm (or even another season loan)

Caedal

Whatever it costs, I would get him. Young, brilliant amazing understanding with Wilson

HV71

Could we play him further forward and let Tete ( the better defender ) take the left back slot ?

twang

Quote from: Edinburgh White on March 08, 2022, 09:53:51 PM
Can't think of too many players who've made such an impact so quickly.

Not even Neco can best Pogrebnyak in that category though!

FulhamKC

Is Neco on a straight loan or do we have an option to purchase?

filham

Yes, another good performance from Williams, going to be hard for Tete to get game time now.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamKC on March 08, 2022, 10:06:08 PM
Is Neco on a straight loan or do we have an option to purchase?

Loan, no option as far as I am aware.

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on March 08, 2022, 10:04:10 PM
Could we play him further forward and let Tete ( the better defender ) take the left back slot ?

Not quite sure what you are suggesting here. He and Tete currently both play on the right with Wilson ahead of them.  If Neco is moved forward Wilson would have to be benched? And if you do that why then move Tete to the left side?

I did wonder whether either Neco or Kenny could play LB though ((if that was what you were thinking).  If we could start with them as LB and RB it could potentially resolve the problem that neither Joe nor Robinson are really good enough for the Prem.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2022, 10:38:28 PM
Quote from: HV71 on March 08, 2022, 10:04:10 PM

Not quite sure what you are suggesting here. He and Tete currently both play on the right with Wilson ahead of them.  If Neco is moved forward Wilson would have to be benched? And if you do that why then move Tete to the left side?

I did wonder whether either Neco or Kenny could play LB though ((if that was what you were thinking).  If we could start with them as LB and RB it could potentially resolve the problem that neither Joe nor Robinson are really good enough for the Prem.

Neco can play LB, has played LB for Liverpool and Wales at times

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

shepperton white

On current form the scousers will want around 15-20M for him

Caedal

Quote from: shepperton white on March 08, 2022, 11:53:05 PM
On current form the scousers will want around 15-20M for him
Done

Steeeeeeeeeed

As I predicted a couple of months ago, lots of us are becoming Necophiliacs.

jayffc

Alot of reported questions around his defending in the Prem according to my Liverpool mates but he's been fantastic for us generally
But we really are spoiled at RB at the moment. Would love to keep him next year but would be tough, imagine they might go for another loan though given they have Trent and Gomez ahead of him at the moment.

If we do manage to sign him its time to send poor Fossey out for a full season on loan at championship level
https://youtu.be/q7KMbtOVahc 2 assists from him in this game

love ball in behind from today's highlights
https://youtu.be/VCDL1e2_DYs?t=5

Seems to be playing very advanced on the right hand side. Maybe there's hope for him yet to step up. At 23years old he deserves to be playing next season so I hope he gets a decent loan move but that we retain him in case the worst happens - and if he has a blinding season in the championship next year we can think about giving him minutes after that

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Caedal on March 08, 2022, 10:01:19 PM
Whatever it costs, I would get him. Young, brilliant amazing understanding with Wilson

Another ten performances like todays, and whatever it costs will be £50m, which is not worth it for FFC.

Cobh Fulham Fan

We havent had him long and yet he hasnt had a single bad game for us but has thrived and improved with every game. He is a must buy whatever the cost!

PaulJ123

Surely there's something that could be done if Fabio goes there?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on March 09, 2022, 06:50:53 AM
We havent had him long and yet he hasnt had a single bad game for us but has thrived and improved with every game. He is a must buy whatever the cost!

You say you would spend whatever the cost. Would you spend £80m?

HV71

When I posted about Williams being played further forward I was trying to think of ways we could get Williams and Tete in the same line up.  I did think about him at LB - but didn't post as the pro Robinson brigade would just think I was having a go at him . I think Tete is our best defending full back and is also capable of delivering a decent cross. I think Williams and Robinson are about equal as defenders but Williams is far better going forward . If we could keep Williams next season ( even on loan ) could he move forward and Harry fit into the role vacated by the  almost inevitable loss of Fabio.