Main Menu

If Fulham had become Fulham Park Rangers

Started by blingo, March 05, 2022, 10:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2022, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: rebel on March 05, 2022, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2022, 10:28:49 AM
Would you have now been supporting another team?

I would have just lost interest in football.

Up the Park Rangers, rumor has it you applied for the Leeds job, but you missed your stop and ended up in Dunfirmline.  :005:

It's not a rumour, I was getting ready for the change, but when I got to Dunfermline they said something like 'go back down south as you don't fit in here. So I came back and I'm glad I did because its far too cold up there.

Good call, also we'd miss your 'wisdom on all things football'.

Twig

I'd have just drifted away from football. Maybe go to the odd game as a neutral but no passion for it.

blingo

Quote from: rebel on March 05, 2022, 06:57:54 PM
Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2022, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: rebel on March 05, 2022, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: blingo on March 05, 2022, 10:28:49 AM
Would you have now been supporting another team?

I would have just lost interest in football.

Up the Park Rangers, rumor has it you applied for the Leeds job, but you missed your stop and ended up in Dunfirmline.  :005:

It's not a rumour, I was getting ready for the change, but when I got to Dunfermline they said something like 'go back down south as you don't fit in here. So I came back and I'm glad I did because its far too cold up there.

Good call, also we'd miss your 'wisdom on all things football'.

Your sarcasm will get you a free pint.😂😂😂😂

Andy S

I was on the pitch back then after it was announced along with my Son. I saw grown men crying I saw fellow supporters with their children very upset. It was certainly a grim day. Would I support anyone else now? Who knows as it wasn't written. I've enjoyed my life since that grim day and Fulham has been a big part of it. I have read a lot of the history over the last couple of days and read  about QPR's side of it. I didn't realise at the time that they were protesting the same way that we were. So thanks to them as well. But we are in the best position now. There is an old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". That is what has happened to us so let's move on now.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I was at the Town Hall meeting and must say that as someone working in the banking world I walked away wondering where the finance would come from to mount any challenge  to the plans.
Jimmy Hill although well intended did not have any fin@ncial experience or muscle at that time and only small time ideas were being put forward to raise any money. Fortunately short term support became available and eventually Mo emerged.
I could never have supported FPR mainly because f the terrible Loftus Road ground which would have become our home. I use the word 'home' loosely!

blingo

Jims Dentist

Had it have gone ahead I feel that a splinter club would have been formed to play/start in non league.
Possibly something like AFC Fulham ground sharing with Kingstonians.

filham

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 05, 2022, 03:29:16 PM
It's weird because I was just thinking this the other week and it's feasible to me at least,something like this happening again or trying to be done in the not so far flung future.
Imagine if three or four of the smaller London clubs were combined into 1 big club? Like if two or three more Americans bought say Charlton,Millwall, QPR and combined them and FFC into 1 club. Scary to think but not out of the realms of possibility.
I think that the new Riverside Stand is a guarantee that football will be played at the Cottage for a long time yet.

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: filham on March 10, 2022, 06:28:56 PM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 05, 2022, 03:29:16 PM
It's weird because I was just thinking this the other week and it's feasible to me at least,something like this happening again or trying to be done in the not so far flung future.
Imagine if three or four of the smaller London clubs were combined into 1 big club? Like if two or three more Americans bought say Charlton,Millwall, QPR and combined them and FFC into 1 club. Scary to think but not out of the realms of possibility.
I think that the new Riverside Stand is a guarantee that football will be played at the Cottage for a long time yet.
True,but I would never support a combined team/club.
Would be non-league for me!
Foolish ham

Two Ton Ted

AFC Fulham would have lasted longer than Fulham Park Rangers
Never ever bloody anything ever.

F(f)CUK

Assuming Fulham PR were playing in blue and white hoops at Loftus Road, that was a non-starter for me. I think that I would probably have followed Wimbledon, but I am glad that I did not have to.  I used to watch the juniors at Banstead so if Fulham had reformed then I could imagine me following that new team.