A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League quality

Started by JoeS, March 10, 2022, 01:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these players do you think are Premier League quality?

Rodak
58 (42.3%)
Gazzaniga
26 (19%)
Tete
114 (83.2%)
Williams
117 (85.4%)
Tosin
122 (89.1%)
Ream
7 (5.1%)
Mawson
15 (10.9%)
Hector
4 (2.9%)
Kongolo
31 (22.6%)
Robinson
57 (41.6%)
Bryan
23 (16.8%)
Reed
94 (68.6%)
Chalobah
47 (34.3%)
Seri
95 (69.3%)
Cairney
68 (49.6%)
Onomah
6 (4.4%)
Kebano
49 (35.8%)
Wilson
125 (91.2%)
Bobby Reid
52 (38%)
Carvalho
100 (73%)
Knockaert
2 (1.5%)
Cavaleiro
18 (13.1%)
Muniz
49 (35.8%)
Mitrovic
130 (94.9%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Voting closed: March 17, 2022, 01:55:29 PM

JoeS

Thought it would be useful to have a poll as have seen this debate on various posts.

ianthailand

I included Kongolo but obviously his fitness issues are a big ?

Finnans Right Peg

Would to see ream stay around even as player coach something like that

SP

Some very iffy voting there, feels like the Eurovision Song Contest.

Brightster#2

The amount of people who think rodak is better than Gazza is amazing... while rodak is a good keeper, Gazza had an amazing season a few years ago in the Prem and was playing in the champions league impressing... he kept Lloris out of the team! 

Tabby

Quote from: Brightster#2 on March 10, 2022, 08:13:16 PM
The amount of people who think rodak is better than Gazza is amazing... while rodak is a good keeper, Gazza had an amazing season a few years ago in the Prem and was playing in the champions league impressing... he kept Lloris out of the team!

Rodak is keeping Gazza out of the team right now, thus making him better than Lloris as well  :Get Coat gif:

The Rational Fan

Interesting how highly Carvalho is rated, personally he is good but in the Premier League for the first couple of seasons I think he'll struggle, like Ryan Sessegnon, Schullre and RLC did for us in the Premier League. Let's not kid ourselves the gap between the leagues is much larger than when we went up in 2017/18, and 2019/20. Fulham should beat the teams coming up and some other relegation battlers, but we will get smashed in the premier league a lot. Most of the squad will be completely out of their depth.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 11, 2022, 03:11:13 AM
Interesting how highly Carvalho is rated, personally he is good but in the Premier League for the first couple of seasons I think he'll struggle, like Ryan Sessegnon, Schullre and RLC did for us in the Premier League. Let's not kid ourselves the gap between the leagues is much larger than when we went up in 2017/18, and 2019/20. Fulham should beat the teams coming up and some other relegation battlers, but we will get smashed in the premier league a lot. Most of the squad will be completely out of their depth.

But when Carvalho played for us in the Prem, under Parker, he looked very good, in  the 2 or 3 games he played in.

Sess, now featuring regularly for a top Prem team, and Schurrle and RLC not very relevant comparisons - both older experienced players, Schurrle coming from abroad, playing in a failing Fulham side in its first season back in the Prem, one of several new signings thrown into the team, while RLC seemed to struggle with fear of injury/ lack of commitment, and is now featuring in a Prem side - both not really relevant to compare with Carvalho.

Carvalho could well leave for a big Prem team in the Summer anyway, but I think it would be a huge bonus for us if we can keep him.

Southdowns White

I have chosen a squad players who will not necessarily start every week but will be able to compete if they are brought on or covering for injury, in total 15 players. There is plenty of dead wood in that current squad, maybe one or two we might like to have another look at but I don't think we will between now and the end of the season. In my opinion we need Five nailed on starters added to the squad, but I think we only need one or two squad players. Do this and I think we will be sitting mid table next year.

JimmyConway

I ticked off eleven of the list but had no goalie and only one centre back.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I only ticked 3. I was tempted to put in a few others like Wilson and Kebano, but I just don't see them being so good in the Prem

Sadly I think we need at least 5-6 really good signings in the summer to make a good go for next season.

Sting of the North

I think the lack of a definition of "PL quality" is a cause for very differing opinions. Personally I selected about 15 or so that I believe at the very least are good enough to fill out a PL squad of 20-25 players. Others seemingly have made the decision to only include those that they feel are a safe bet to perform well as regular PL starters. That makes a huge difference I think.

toshes mate

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 11, 2022, 12:07:20 PM
I think the lack of a definition of "PL quality" is a cause for very differing opinions.
I stopped even considering voting because of that so very important point.  In my humble view anyone who has made more than one appearance at PL level makes a case that they may indeed have whatever the word 'quality' can be stretched to mean in this context.  I am also mindful of those very good footballers who never settled into what the PL offers or is all about e.g. easy success for the few 'good' teams; an uphill battle for the rest.  As for FFC's recent attempts at putting together competitive teams I think only Jokanovic's team at Anfield showed what might have been but never was.

We Are Premier League

Based on the majority vote, that leaves us with this PL team for next season:

Mitro
NEW     Carvalho     Wilson
          Reed    Seri
NEW    NEW   Tosin  Tete/Williams
                NEW

With more debate about:
Is Rodak and Robinson good enough?
My personal view is that a CM combination of Reed, Seri and Carvalho is not PL quality, we need an upgrade on at least one of them.

Kingjay81

So Gazzaniga is better than Rodak because he played well a few years ago? ?? He didn't impress me once in any of the games he played up to the Coventry game. He was rightly dropped after that thrashing as if my memory serves, he was responsible for at least two of the  goals and generally looked Shaky.

Don't you see that the team seems so much calmer and assured with Rodak in goal?

Jim©

Quote from: Kingjay81 on March 11, 2022, 12:34:13 PM

So Gazzaniga is better than Rodak because he played well a few years ago? ?? He didn't impress me once in any of the games he played up to the Coventry game. He was rightly dropped after that thrashing as if my memory serves, he was responsible for at least two of the  goals and generally looked Shaky.

Don't you see that the team seems so much calmer and assured with Rodak in goal?

Personally think he was made scapegoat in that game and he wasn't even at fault for more than the one that he passed out to Ream. Rodak had a shaky patch when we were conceding, but still think there's very little between them. IMO the best keeper performance this season was at Bristol City away in the FA Cup, Gazza was excellent that day.

richnj

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 11, 2022, 12:27:54 PM
Based on the majority vote, that leaves us with this PL team for next season:

Mitro
NEW     Carvalho     Wilson
          Reed    Seri
NEW    NEW   Tosin  Tete/Williams
                NEW

With more debate about:
Is Rodak and Robinson good enough?
My personal view is that a CM combination of Reed, Seri and Carvalho is not PL quality, we need an upgrade on at least one of them.

Well, we won't have Carvalho come next season, so the focus should be on getting a quality upgrade there.

Robinson I think is good enough, if we have another Tosin-level CB to let him go up the wing.  Tete/Williams I think get more points because it's usually Tosin behind providing their cover while Ream provides Robinson cover more often, and that is a weakness.  Ream is good, but would be better transitioning to a coach.

ffcthereligion

I'm really surprised to see people rating seri as better than cairney and so many votes for Wilson but not kebano

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

51 people voted for Robinson? Really?

The guy isn't even Championship quality.

MartyFFC

51 votes for Jedi, can only assume 48 of those are from across the pond