watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Praise for travelling Fulham fans

Started by northamptonsteve, March 13, 2022, 11:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ffcthereligion

Very nice indeed. Our current breed of yoof must not have been given the funds to attend by their parents then as they do their best to only sing about jihadi john being dead and Thomas frank being a sex offender

Sgt Fulham

Always thought of these lot as a good bunch, glad we come across the same. Best of luck to them for the rest of the season.

Andy S

There is only one type of fan who can afford to travel away to Barnsley they are unmarried and childless. And no other commitments. They also have plenty of cash and nothing to spend it on

Cobh Fulham Fan

Fair play to them. Their vocals were much noted and appreciated yesterday!

ffcne

Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 13, 2022, 11:41:22 AM
Very nice indeed. Our current breed of yoof must not have been given the funds to attend by their parents then as they do their best to only sing about jihadi john being dead and Thomas frank being a sex offender

Experienced some yoof on train from Leeds to Barnsley .
All look the same ,dress the same and sound the same. Its like something out of a comedy sketch
when they talk in the gangster dialect in'nit

ffcthereligion

Quote from: ffcne on March 13, 2022, 02:39:04 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 13, 2022, 11:41:22 AM

Experienced some yoof on train from Leeds to Barnsley .
All look the same ,dress the same and sound the same. Its like something out of a comedy sketch
when they talk in the gangster dialect in'nit

Haha yes. Essential to either wear stone island or cp company goggle jacket accompanied with their grandads flat cap and fake Burberry scarf!

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Andy S on March 13, 2022, 12:29:24 PM
There is only one type of fan who can afford to travel away to Barnsley they are unmarried and childless. And no other commitments. They also have plenty of cash and nothing to spend it on
Except this is just uninformed nonsense, isn't it? The stadium announcer yesterday said we took 1,074 in a crowd of 12k and I sat near the front of the stand amongst many families with small children including one very young lad sporting the lovely black and red halves GMB shirt from the mid 90s and another draping a homemade banner over the front hoarding asking Mitro for his shirt. I bet they've all got other things to spend their money on, but they chose to get up early and spend some of it following Fulham away.

I got up at 6, met my mate from Andover and his son by the M40 and drove up together and had another great day out with Fulham, singing my heart out, berating the ref about the penalty as he walked off past us at halftime and doing my bit to support our wonderful team. I've got children too and they often come to matches with me.

Fair enough if you can't afford/be bothered to do likewise - and I have no idea why you wouldn't be bothered in such a brilliant season for us - but please don't cast snide aspersions on those of us who do. We'll all be there again on Tuesday at West Brom, trying to help the team to another win with as much noise as we can muster and it would be nice to think we're being positively supported from a distance by those who can't make it, rather than being sniped at.

filham

HillingdonFFC

Underrated away day Barnsley, had a great day up there a few season's ago. Decent pubs in town & generally a decent bunch

brightster

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on March 13, 2022, 04:38:49 PM
Quote from: Andy S on March 13, 2022, 12:29:24 PM
Except this is just uninformed nonsense, isn't it? The stadium announcer yesterday said we took 1,074 in a crowd of 12k and I sat near the front of the stand amongst many families with small children including one very young lad sporting the lovely black and red halves GMB shirt from the mid 90s and another draping a homemade banner over the front hoarding asking Mitro for his shirt. I bet they've all got other things to spend their money on, but they chose to get up early and spend some of it following Fulham away.

I got up at 6, met my mate from Andover and his son by the M40 and drove up together and had another great day out with Fulham, singing my heart out, berating the ref about the penalty as he walked off past us at halftime and doing my bit to support our wonderful team. I've got children too and they often come to matches with me.

Fair enough if you can't afford/be bothered to do likewise - and I have no idea why you wouldn't be bothered in such a brilliant season for us - but please don't cast snide aspersions on those of us who do. We'll all be there again on Tuesday at West Brom, trying to help the team to another win with as much noise as we can muster and it would be nice to think we're being positively supported from a distance by those who can't make it, rather than being sniped at.

Glad you said that, can't beat a good away game, got up at 06:00, left the house at 07:00 go to Barnsley 10:30 (200 miles), had a great catch up with some fans in the Dove pub, had an enjoyable day, got back at 18:30, and will do it again on Tuesday at WBA. Not really well off, got family and grandchildren, yes me and Mrs B have good jobs, but why shouldn't we enjoy our time following the mighty whites.

Pluto

Great to hear this. They are a good club with genuinely decent fans and I hope they manage to stay up.

Zarostulus

Reds fan here, just signed up to echo the sentiment. Good luck next season, you feel all but up. I thought a draw was a fair result on the day, the penalty was a bit of good luck for us, but we've had atrocious decisions recently and as they say, they supposedly even themselves out. Gutted with the late equaliser and our two subs who contributed to it, but it felt a fair reflection of the game. Now I'd like our lads to show the same fight and desire they showed yesterday for the remaining games, and we might just stand a chance.

love4ffc

Quote from: Zarostulus on March 14, 2022, 12:01:07 AM
Reds fan here, just signed up to echo the sentiment. Good luck next season, you feel all but up. I thought a draw was a fair result on the day, the penalty was a bit of good luck for us, but we've had atrocious decisions recently and as they say, they supposedly even themselves out. Gutted with the late equaliser and our two subs who contributed to it, but it felt a fair reflection of the game. Now I'd like our lads to show the same fight and desire they showed yesterday for the remaining games, and we might just stand a chance.

A fair assessment of the result.  Good luck to you for the remainder of the season and the next. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MartyFFC

The weird thing is, some fans would use all of the observations made within that thread to mock us

Maidstone Lee

Was my 2nd visit to Oakwell this weekend, very decent bunch of fans never been any trouble. Hope they stay up.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19