https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in - No Kebano tonight

Started by sarnian, March 15, 2022, 07:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

bencher

rusty shackleford

Hoping to be proved wrong, but havent seen anything from Chalobah any time ive seen him this year.

love4ffc

Really amazed that Ream is playing with that cut on his head. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tabby

Interesting to see Chalobah back in the team ahead of Seri and Cairney. Otherwise pretty expected.

Arthur

I trust our manager's judgment, but Chalobah's presence suggests another somewhat more attritional performance such as those recently at Hull and Cardiff.

South Coast White

Chalobah, good choice with their height on set plays.

davew

That would have been the 11 I would have picked,
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

perry geyton

Cairney should start

filham

Quote from: love4ffc on March 15, 2022, 07:06:36 PM
Really amazed that Ream is playing with that cut on his head. 
Yes, amazed to see Ream starting, hope he is fully fit and not at risk.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: perry geyton on March 15, 2022, 07:11:16 PM
Cairney should start
Agree. Other than that I would have expected that line up
Glad to see Carroll benched for Albion too.

filham

Quote from: Arthur on March 15, 2022, 07:08:32 PM
I trust our manager's judgment, but Chalobah's presence suggests another somewhat more attritional performance such as those recently at Hull and Cardiff.
I imagine Chalobah has been selected to help counter the threat of Carroll.  If we are behind with 60 minutes left I expect to see him replaced by Cairney.

Sting of the North

My fear is that we have no one that can pick a pass or carry the ball in the middle. Hopefully Chalobah is better than he has shown so far, because the midfield looks relatively weak. We should still normally win this comfortably though, but very surprised that our two best midfielders are both on the bench. Will he try to trade punches with a thug team like WBA?

AshfordFFC

personally, I would have started Cavaleiro instead of BDR.    As on other posts, maybe Boa could have been coaching him, the same as Neeskens and last year was last year, not this year, equally BDR is better as an impact sub IMHO.

I am suprised by Ream coming back in given the wound he received but equally glad, as Hector just does not cut it for me.

I still do not rate Chalobah that much compared to Tom or Seri, but given the WBA midfield, I think that is an astute selection....... just hope it pays off and if not, then bring Tom on.

AnOldBrownie

Well...I guess we'll have to run with BDR.   I don't like him out wide though.  I think he hinders our finishing in the final third.

Whitestone

We've seen BDR out wide a few times now and it just doesn't work for me. Cavaleiro is a more natural replacement for Kebano. Also a bit concerned that one of Seri or Cairney isn't starting, probably Cairney, who made a difference when he came on at Barnsley.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Whitestone on March 15, 2022, 07:40:51 PM
We've seen BDR out wide a few times now and it just doesn't work for me. Cavaleiro is a more natural replacement for Kebano. Also a bit concerned that one of Seri or Cairney isn't starting, probably Cairney, who made a difference when he came on at Barnsley.
Neither can cross with their left foot like Kebano can which can make us narrow and predictable.
Chalobah ah in for a more physical possibly needed tonight.

WindyCity

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on March 15, 2022, 07:13:12 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on March 15, 2022, 07:11:16 PM
Cairney should start
Agree. Other than that I would have expected that line up
Glad to see Carroll benched for Albion too.

You would have to think that Carroll makes an appearance at some point during this game.....

Moltobueno

Isn't any LW or RW from the U23 ready to have a go? BDR is not a winger and without Kebano we show little threat from the left side

WindyCity