watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£1000 season tickets in Riverside

Started by f321ffc, March 17, 2022, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

And Chelsea can't sell tickets and they don't even know if there will be a club next season.

Riversider

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 17, 2022, 07:59:00 PM
Quote from: Gezza on March 17, 2022, 07:40:21 PM
We have not been told however how much our current season tickets will cost on assumption we are in the premier league next season. So we are being asked to make a decision without all the facts. It is also ridiculous ( as a previous post has said ) to charge someone who is sitting near the corner flag the same seat price as someone on the half way line. The low down view is not great and you are likely to get wet every time it rains. Added to this there  are no concessions for over 65 year olds that there were previously and £500 for under 18s is atrocious. I love the look of the new stand but I think they have cocked up big time with this offer and will need to review it. I am a previous Riverside Season ticket holder but am not in any way tempted.

I'm not buying, but reckon that all or most of it will sell out easily. Can't blame the club for setting the price in line with the demand.
Don't confuse sales with demand, the tickets will sell out, primarily because every tout in London will buy as many as they can get their hands on to sell on to foreign tourists, just check out that lower tier next season when the likes of Liverpool and Man U score,
The demand from Fulham supporters may well be low but the club will still sell out all the tickets.

Steeeeeeeeeed

And for the pessimistic people out there, you would be paying that money to watch a relegation struggle in the rain (and snow and freezing cold, bottom 3 at Xmas etc)...hopefully not, but always prepare for the worst.

Arthur

Quote from: ALG01 on March 17, 2022, 07:17:30 PM
close to the half way line and the glimpse of river, boats, tree at the putney end were part of the charm and charcter. if the ground becomes another anemic place we will loads loads and it seems the oversized, over priced monstoscity is the first step in a rotten direction. Bigger is not always better, it is just big but has no character.

Fifty years ago, when the original Riverside Stand was built, a minority of supporters complained that it spoiled the view of the river. Back then, with an open terrace alongside the river, there truly was a view. Moreover, a new stand also meant supporters would no longer be able to move from one end of the ground to the other at half time.

In comparison to the loss of a glimpse of a boat or tree, their loss was greater.

Yet, within a few years, the stand was accepted - liked, even - by all. Existing supporters acknowledged the need for us to move with the times and be a part the trend towards modern facilities and a higher proportion of seating; new supporters accepted it because they had no experience of how the ground had been previously. And Craven Cottage still retained its place in the affections of many football-goers.

My prediction is that history will repeat itself.

deadcowboys

Football is full of fans that expect owners to invest money in providing them with their entertainment while not having to spend too much of their own money. I think, but don't know that  the £1k across the board applies only for this season for ease of sale & see reaction. I will choose to wait until I can return to Block T Row O,P or Q sort of area & retain my priority until I can.

Riversider

Quote from: deadcowboys on March 18, 2022, 07:43:54 AM
Football is full of fans that expect owners to invest money in providing them with their entertainment while not having to spend too much of their own money. I think, but don't know that  the £1k across the board applies only for this season for ease of sale & see reaction. I will choose to wait until I can return to Block T Row O,P or Q sort of area & retain my priority until I can.
Two things if I may, firstly how much do you think the cost of a season ticket on the upper tier, equivalent to Block T will cost in season 23/24 ?
And secondly how much would you be prepared to pay for the privilege  ?

Pieter A’dam

I also am in the priority group to buy one of these tickets, not interested since I prefer to go the higher tier. Wonder what the cost for these seats are ...

ron

Quote from: KJS on March 18, 2022, 07:25:58 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 17, 2022, 04:09:45 PM
Not at our expense.

At who's expense then???

Perhaps if it were at the expense of the astronomical wage bills that are considered normal in these times, then football would return to being a game where ordinary folk could afford to take themselves and their kids on a family day out.

Southdowns White

Don't forget there will probably be a nice warm bar to retreat to before, at half time and after the game, if the football gets that bad you can always retreat to the bar mid game. £1000 might be out of reach for most people but for many it's really not much. A customer of mine buys his, his two sons and three grandchildren Arsenal season tickets every year, the worst thing is they don't even go to all the games! The ground will be full for probably 8 games and near full for the rest, unfortunately they won't be Fulham supporters filling those empty seats, I suppose the club will take the money short term and hope that one or two of those people stick with us.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

This does seem to have been badly thought out by charging the same regardless of position but the price does not surprise me at all. I would imagine that prices for the upper tiers when completed will be in the region of £1200/1400 for a season ticket and for such a position in such a grand new stand with luxury facilities this is not out of line with what some of my Chelsea neighbours  have been paying for several seasons.

MartyFFC

1K for the halfway line seats was to be expected, however the uniform pricing structure is very, very cynical. The club realises that given how high demand is, they'll still sell plenty, and that any empty seats can be sold for £70 on a game-by-game basis. I was in ZL for a few years not so long ago and paid just £299. Obviously tickets are never going to be that cheap ever again however, when fully open, I would anticipate that seats down by the corner flag will come in cheaper at about £800.

Twig

It's not that I can't afford it, it's that I won't pay it.  £1,000 for a seat that is effectively uncovered and not even in a central position, plus there being zero reduction for over 65's? No way on earth does that represent value to me.

HamsterWheel

Can't see the problem with this. They'll be wonderful seats with great views. And have the concourse overlooking the river for the best footy views in London.
If anyone doesn't want to return, they can stay where they are now I guess. And there will be plenty of vacated seats to choose from as people migrate to the Riverside.
Assume that if you want a seat in the Riverside upper tier when it opens, they'll give priority to those in the lower Riverside tier.
Lets not forget the massive benefit a larger stadium will give in the long term, better atmosphere as well as more dosh to buy better players.

filham

Does the £1,000 include a glass of matchday champagne and the taxi fare back to Hammersmith station.

MikeTheCubed

Perhaps the price will decrease for the lower tier in the next season once the upper tier is opened.

RaySmith

It's supply and demand, the club obviously expects to sell these seats at that price, especially being in the Prem  next season -hopefully.
They're not bothered who buys them, or if some long term fans are priced out, just as long as they sell them.

If no-one buys them, then the price will come down - it's market forces, like any business I suppose, except football isn't just any  business - well most clubs run at a loss, so can't blame the Khans for wanting to get something back on their investment.

Prices too high for many traditional fans?- well, just like any other  pro club in this country then, with the cost of keeping clubs afloat and competing, with player wages, transfers, etc - it's the uninhibited Free Market we have here. You want the best players from across the world? then you pay top dollar, and then have to make admission charges high.
Even the cheapest Fulham seats are too high for many of the traditional fanbase and clubs still run at a loss!

Has the game gone down the wrong road here?

ron

Quote from: Southdowns White on March 18, 2022, 09:01:03 AM
Don't forget there will probably be a nice warm bar to retreat to before, at half time and after the game, if the football gets that bad you can always retreat to the bar mid game. £1000 might be out of reach for most people but for many it's really not much. A customer of mine buys his, his two sons and three grandchildren Arsenal season tickets every year, the worst thing is they don't even go to all the games! The ground will be full for probably 8 games and near full for the rest, unfortunately they won't be Fulham supporters filling those empty seats, I suppose the club will take the money short term and hope that one or two of those people stick with us.

I think you should feel the collar of that customer of yours for a few more quid on your prices...he's obviously rolling in it and wouldn't even notice!

MartyFFC

The Cottage will be an excellent example of society more generally; the wealthy Riversiders enjoying first-class facilities paying 1K -2K for a ST, whilst the working classes scrape their 600 quid together to experience facilities that wouldn't look out of place in a refugee camp.

flyingfish

I really don't understand why the price is the same along the whole length and the increase in junior ticket prices is outrageous. They better not pull that stunt with junior season tickets in the rest of the ground. A 10x increase??!! The FST needs to pick this up urgently.

I guess their answer will be - some will pay it, if you don't like it sit elsewhere in the cheap seats.

it is such a shame that this investment is not for everyone.