watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£1000 season tickets in Riverside

Started by f321ffc, March 17, 2022, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Do you think the club has considered the demands that are coming, on our wages and pensions? It would be a great pity if the new stand was half empty and had to be called The White Elephant Stand

Stevieboy

Quote from: Information on March 17, 2022, 05:43:44 PM
BUT the central seats are too good for 1,000 quid

So its the "Cheap seats " only for  £1,000

Please note, in line with the old Riverside Stand, the very central block of the Lower Tier will be available for Hospitality guests.

It ominously says 'while season ticket priority window is open' which suggests they will be more expensive for newcomers.

cookieg

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on March 17, 2022, 05:56:18 PM
Over a 19 home game season in the Prem that is £52.63 a game.

If it was covered I wouldn't mind payin that for the odd game or three, about £50 sounds pricey, but reasonable ...but as it appears it's not then I wouldn't fancy that at all for 19 games.

I've just paid £40 for an extra ticket in the JH stand for the Coventry game so £52 for a prem game doesn't seem too bad at all.

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 17, 2022, 05:49:56 PM
I'm looking forward to my seat in the swimming pool in the riverplate stand.... A bag of sand for a football seat - I suppose somebody has to pay for it being built
Will there be a poolside bar where you can sit nearby and watch the game, I would pay any price to watch the game from there providing they don't charge exhorbitant prices for the drinks.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Peabody on March 17, 2022, 06:20:01 PM
Do you think the club has considered the demands that are coming, on our wages and pensions? It would be a great pity if the new stand was half empty and had to be called The White Elephant Stand
Don't forget to mention the increase in energy costs and general cost of living, while our pensions are more or less frozen, are professional footballers suffering the same?

Mr K.Dilkington

1000!? Aren't these Arsenal prices? Smh...American football club owners are the worst!😨😂
Foolish ham

Southcoastffc

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2022, 06:51:27 PM
Don't forget to mention the increase in energy costs and general cost of living, while our pensions are more or less frozen, are professional footballers suffering the same?
UK state pensions increase by 3.1% wef April in line with CPI.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MickTheBeard

You would have thought the riverside stand season ticket holders parked in the Putney end near the away fans would have been offered a special cheap deal for a longer stay than they expected by ripping them off with seats low down with no umbrellas, where's that family club attitude gone,tell them no thanks.

ron

Quote from: Riversider on March 17, 2022, 05:49:21 PM
Quote from: bobbo on March 17, 2022, 03:59:35 PM
I think there's so much to think about ie I and others around me would all like to be kept together there's no mention of this possibility , I also think they should do open days whereby we can go see it first . Lastly as has been said I'm very concerned about getting wet. Plus what will be out options should we decline this offer.

Couldn't agree more, why can't we be offered the chance to pop along one Sunday to see what we're being asked to spend £1,000 on, where else would you spend a grand without knowing what you're buying  ?

On your tax return for a start....?

Stevieboy

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 17, 2022, 06:59:34 PM

CPI has risen to 5.5%...which the triple lock would have covered!

ALG01

Quote from: cookieg on March 17, 2022, 05:08:49 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on March 17, 2022, 04:43:00 PM
When I said that i didn't think much of the stand, it was too big for the site and blocked the view of the riuver which gave the ground its charming character.... i was roundly turned on by most (not all) on here.

Now the prices are being put up ridiculously and people are upset.

I sit on the opposite side and always have and am really concerned what we will be charged.

Not sure where you sit but I've never had much of a view of the river other than a slight glimpse of a sail when a dinghy goes by.

close to the half way line and the glimpse of river, boats, tree at the putney end were part of the charm and charcter. if the ground becomes another anemic place we will loads loads and it seems the oversized, over priced monstoscity is the first step in a rotten direction. Bigger is not always better, it is just big but has no character.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Riversider on March 17, 2022, 03:37:31 PM
Am I being a bit thick here, in the previous Riverside Stand Block W was the most expensive and Block S (where I sat) was considerably cheaper,  it now seems next season its one price regardless of where you sit , so the Row closest to the Putney End or closest to the Hammersmith End is a thousand pond same as the more central ones, doesn't seem fair to me ,
And if its a grand for the lower tier what will the upper tier cost 🤔
I heard that the middle sections are for corporate in the lower tier

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2022, 06:49:24 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 17, 2022, 05:49:56 PM
I'm looking forward to my seat in the swimming pool in the riverplate stand.... A bag of sand for a football seat - I suppose somebody has to pay for it being built
Will there be a poolside bar where you can sit nearby and watch the game, I would pay any price to watch the game from there providing they don't charge exhorbitant prices for the drinks.

Hip flask in one hand & a pipe in the other...not sure where my clapper will go

Gezza

We have not been told however how much our current season tickets will cost on assumption we are in the premier league next season. So we are being asked to make a decision without all the facts. It is also ridiculous ( as a previous post has said ) to charge someone who is sitting near the corner flag the same seat price as someone on the half way line. The low down view is not great and you are likely to get wet every time it rains. Added to this there  are no concessions for over 65 year olds that there were previously and £500 for under 18s is atrocious. I love the look of the new stand but I think they have cocked up big time with this offer and will need to review it. I am a previous Riverside Season ticket holder but am not in any way tempted.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Stevieboy on March 17, 2022, 07:17:10 PM

CPI has risen to 5.5%...which the triple lock would have covered!
as at 1 sep 2021
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Gezza on March 17, 2022, 07:40:21 PM
We have not been told however how much our current season tickets will cost on assumption we are in the premier league next season. So we are being asked to make a decision without all the facts. It is also ridiculous ( as a previous post has said ) to charge someone who is sitting near the corner flag the same seat price as someone on the half way line. The low down view is not great and you are likely to get wet every time it rains. Added to this there  are no concessions for over 65 year olds that there were previously and £500 for under 18s is atrocious. I love the look of the new stand but I think they have cocked up big time with this offer and will need to review it. I am a previous Riverside Season ticket holder but am not in any way tempted.

I'm not buying, but reckon that all or most of it will sell out easily. Can't blame the club for setting the price in line with the demand.

davew

I did say more or less frozen, but yes you are right, my accountancy skills seem to have been affected today in my judgement, bad round of golf and a few bevvies! To get back on track though on this topic, the prices are ridiculous, wish my Grandad was still alive, complimentary tickets all season for me and family, but more importantly sitting next to somebody who was as passionate about FFC as anybody could be!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 17, 2022, 07:59:00 PM
Quote from: Gezza on March 17, 2022, 07:40:21 PM

I'm not buying, but reckon that all or most of it will sell out easily. Can't blame the club for setting the price in line with the demand.
All of the above being considered, I am not sure the demand will be there..

Jims Dentist

Upwards sloping stands are notorious for not keeping out the elements.

You wouldn't have to be an architect/engineer to predict the potential problems.

Weybridge White

How is one supposed to make a decision when you don't know how much season tickets in the other stands will be?