watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Adidas for Fulham?

Started by G_Gribby, March 18, 2022, 11:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

We need to send NIKE on their BIKE and tell them using a MIKE to take a HIKE or go on STRIKE as we do not LIKE their style.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on March 18, 2022, 03:52:59 PM
Quote from: blingo on March 18, 2022, 12:19:59 PMHow difficult can it be to make a stylish plain WHITE shirt and BLACK shorts??????
Very going by the last couple but I do like our black kit

I really like the road all black kit.  Wish they would use more often.....

SG

I think black socks completely transforms the look. Everton away last week the team looked good and we won !

Deeping_white

Quote from: SG on April 20, 2023, 05:27:56 PMI think black socks completely transforms the look. Everton away last week the team looked good and we won !

I was thinking that as well. I know white socks is historically how our home kits have been outfitted since the 1960's but black shorts and socks with a mostly white top would be a nice change like we had up to the mid 60's (for reference for anyone interested: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Fulham/Fulham.htm)

hopper

Have to say the negativity towards Nike surprises me. The 2007/8 great escape kits are some of my favourites of recent times. Simple and elegant. LG was a good sponsor for us too.

TheRealMB

Quote from: lamby on March 21, 2022, 09:18:14 AM
Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 20, 2022, 10:01:18 AM
Quote from: lamby on March 20, 2022, 12:34:03 AM
Quote from: Bracken White on March 19, 2022, 07:32:52 PMI'd welcome a change. Adidas, for me, have always provided unexciting kits.

It will be Nike. They will be less exciting than Adidas, like they were last time. At least Adidas has had a bit of flair each time. Nike provided us with the most boring black/white kit.

I won't miss the collars on the Adidas kits - they are too small and rub.
I hope it's not nike. Do you have info on it or are you presuming?

Just doing 1 + 1 and making 3. But also because sort of know how guys like the Kahn's work and account reps at big companies work. They have Nike as their kit sponsor for their US team and will have built up relationships with Nike people. The US Nike guys will be trying to get the commission from the UK Fulham deal. 

But looking at that list of past tops, the Nike ones are definitely the most boring!

For clarity, NIKE is not the kit sponsor for the Jaguars.  They sponsor the NFL, and all teams must wear NIKE.  There is no option at the club level.  That said, it would not surprise me if a US based company provides the kits due to the Khans business relationships here.  Could see Nike, New Balance, and Under Armor all chasing the account, along with the more traditional kit providers.

filham

Going back some 30 years I always remember the street trader in Singapore selling shirts at a very low price and for an extra 50p or so he would take a logo of your choice from his bucket and fix it to the shirt, Crocodile, Fred Perry, Adidas and all the top brands were instantly available at a low price.
Since that day I have always felt these high priced branded shirts to be a rip off.

Digger

Any update on this for next season?

FFChris

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 18, 2022, 08:03:49 PM
Quote from: Riversider on March 18, 2022, 07:44:24 PMCastore could be a good outside bet, seem to be the up and coming kit supplier in both football and cricket.
I hope not if I'm honest but it wouldn't surprise me
If you think Adidas are expensive then Castore are even worse!!!

WhiteJC

if it was up to me this would be next seasons home, away and 3rd shirts...

First State

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 23, 2024, 05:23:35 PMif it was up to me this would be next seasons home, away and 3rd shirts...

Very sharp!