News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you ever agree to us changing our colours?

Started by blingo, March 20, 2022, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieboy

The kits are only changed to make money anyway, started when the game became more of a product and heritage was way down the list.
We are The Whites and can't see any reason to change.

bobbo

Quote from: Bill2 on March 20, 2022, 10:17:44 AM
NO NEVER. IT IS OUR HERITAGE. Why not change the name at the same time.
I was looking for a reply that aired my opinion and feeling and this is it , spot on .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

gerrys

No way......and certainly not red and black as those are Milan colours......and Inter is my other team  :003:

filham

No way , black and white is as sacrosanct as playing at the Cottage.
When a change is essential though I would like to settle on those black and red stripes.

Twig

Our black and white colours are an integral part of what makes us Fulham. Absolutely no way would I accept a change.

H4usuallysitting

Loving would be easy if your colour was like my dream red gold and green

Somerset Fulham

I loved that yellow and black away kit that we had.  Was it Demon Internet?

battersea boy

First time I saw FFC play in a different kit was away at Spurs in the early sixties.
When we ran out in all RED it was such a shock,couldn`t get over seeing The Maestro in anything but a black and white kit,Fulham ,England always black and white.
All red away kit first one I can remember,plenty others before that I expect.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2022, 10:17:03 AM
I would prefer all White shirt, shorts and socks, with black trim like 3 black stripes across shoulders and down arms. Same with Shorts and socks.
Failing that Red Shirts and shorts with black trim, and black socks.
The current white shirts black shorts does nothing for me, very bland and un inspirational.
The fact that you see every colour combination in grass roots football across the playing fields of England except Fulhams tells you everything.

Agreed. Our shorts should be white like our top, we should have significant black trimming and/or a minimum amount of red trimming can be added.

Wearing Black Shorts can be confusing visually for players and spectators when playing other teams that wear white shorts or black tops.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 21, 2022, 01:18:50 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2022, 10:17:03 AM
I would prefer all White shirt, shorts and socks, with black trim like 3 black stripes across shoulders and down arms. Same with Shorts and socks.
Failing that Red Shirts and shorts with black trim, and black socks.
The current white shirts black shorts does nothing for me, very bland and un inspirational.
The fact that you see every colour combination in grass roots football across the playing fields of England except Fulhams tells you everything.

Agreed. Our shorts should be white like our top, we should have significant black trimming and/or a minimum amount of red trimming can be added.

Wearing Black Shorts can be confusing visually for players and spectators when playing other teams that wear white shorts or black tops.

We do play in white shorts sometimes away -in all white - presumably for those reasons you mention.
At home presumably it's the away team changes.

One thing about all yellow - it really makes the team stand out to each other, so unlikely to pass to an opponent - on purpose anyway.
But I definitely favour a black and red away kit for traditional and aesthetic reasons - always makes me think of our run the FA Cup Final, the  black and red stripes.

But black shorts, along with the white shirts, are our traditional home colours.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ALG01

we play in white shirts with black shorts and always have since i have supported except for a stupid all white kit and really stupid grey kit.

The colour is part of our identity and has worked well for years. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The on;ly reason these things do change is a financial on so that clubs can sell more shirts every single year.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on March 21, 2022, 03:25:26 PM
we play in white shirts with black shorts and always have since i have supported except for a stupid all white kit and really stupid grey kit.

The colour is part of our identity and has worked well for years. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The on;ly reason these things do change is a financial on so that clubs can sell more shirts every single year.

But but it is broke and it needs to be fixed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 21, 2022, 03:29:08 PM

Tape is pretty good in fixing things. I once had to fix my trainers with tape to attend football practice.   

ALG01

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 21, 2022, 03:29:08 PM

You know that I of all people would never arguew with your esteemed self but it ain't broke, it is my emotional bond with the players on the field and we we're the boys in black and white as the song goes.