News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you ever agree to us changing our colours?

Started by blingo, March 20, 2022, 09:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

And if so, what colours would be acceptable?
I sometimes wonder if it enters the Khan's minds.

FWIW I love the black and white.

Holders

I would like to standardise on the red and black vertical stripes for the away kit. There have been far too many weird variants over the years. And, yes, I do know that it came about by accident.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I rather like the all black with white trims but why would we be asked to change?
Am I right that Cardiff changed at one time?

blingo

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 20, 2022, 09:20:33 AM
I rather like the all black with white trims but why would we be asked to change?

Didn't they go from red to blue?

SP

Happy enough with things as they are, wouldn't want any radical change.

Having said that, until the invasion is over, I'd like all UK games to feature yellow against blue kits but I'm sure the sponsors wouldn't allow it.

WhiteJC

I wouldn't want the home shirt to change however I'd like the away shirt to alternate between red, black and red & black, if we never have another yellow away shirt I wouldn't be sorry

Holders

Quote from: blingo on March 20, 2022, 09:33:48 AM

Traditionally they were blue but the Malaysian owner tried to change it to red, to which the fans objected.

Now, as a Fulham fan, I have an aversion to blue and red is Wales' national colour - but tradition is tradition.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mokes

Quote from: blingo on March 20, 2022, 09:33:48 AM

They always were blue, then an Asian guy bought the team and wanted to make it appeal more in Asia and they like red so he changed it to red. Copped heaps of backlash then they changed it back.

I would never want to see us change our home kit. I don't mind the various away kits but I would put a blanket ban on yellow or any fluro kits.

I'd change the badge in a heartbeat though

ffc73

j
Quote from: whitejc on March 20, 2022, 09:50:01 AM
I wouldn't want the home shirt to change however I'd like the away shirt to alternate between red, black and red & black, if we never have another yellow away shirt I wouldn't be sorry

This  0001.jpeg

ALG01

Quote from: Holders on March 20, 2022, 09:19:13 AM
I would like to standardise on the red and black vertical stripes for the away kit. There have been far too many weird variants over the years. And, yes, I do know that it came about by accident.

I agree or any of the red and black variants we used.

Woolly Mammoth

I would prefer all White shirt, shorts and socks, with black trim like 3 black stripes across shoulders and down arms. Same with Shorts and socks.
Failing that Red Shirts and shorts with black trim, and black socks.
The current white shirts black shorts does nothing for me, very bland and un inspirational.
The fact that you see every colour combination in grass roots football across the playing fields of England except Fulhams tells you everything.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

NO NEVER. IT IS OUR HERITAGE. Why not change the name at the same time.

MartyFFC

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

We should have some club edict where we only ever have kits of white shirts,black shorts and black socks. Somebody else mentioned our away shirts should always be the red and black and I concur. That'd be great!
Foolish ham

Andy S

It's bad enough changing the away kit every season. I would forever keep our home kit and would only change the away kit if there was a colour clash

rebel

Some of the kits in the football sphere has been 'ridiculous', the big thing, ultimately fans has a big say, if it's bad fans won't buy the kit, it's that simple -

https://sportmob.com/en/article/948833-worst-football-kits-of-all-time

EN1 FFC

Think I read somewhere that we are changing from Addidas next season.
Can't see us drastically changing the home colours, except maybe with a bit more red in the sleeves and collars.
Away kits are always going to be the ones changing, especially as there are now 3 kits.

St Eve

Stay with our traditional black and white. No red

cmg

White shirt: Black shorts (aka, rather quaintly, knickers) was the, always very smart, style when I started out on this roller-coaster ride, and had been since Fulham ditched the 'Arsenal' jerseys in about 1903 (although Arsenal didn't actually add white sleeves to their red shirts until the mid 1930s). The only colours that changed were the socks, (I always rather liked the black/thin white hoops with white/thin black hoops on the turnovers) and some stripe on the shorts now and then.
Anyway the colours stayed like that until 1975 when black collars made an appearance for the Cup Final. They have remained (apart from one year, I think) ever since, possiby in mourning for that rather anti-climactic occasion.
Plain white/ black shorts can't be bettered to my mind. But then I'm an old fogey and I don't have to persuade the guillable masses fervent fans to part with astronomically priced, multi-coloured tat every season.